Urban Terror News
Please uninstall Urban Terror 4.0 and ioUrbanTerror 1.0 before installing 4.1. Back up your configs/demos/screenshots though. You can copy those back to 4.1 after it's installed, or you can start out fresh if you want. There's only FULL packages, no upgrades.
Discuss in forums here.
Here's the links:
The .exe installer for windows users (if you use Vista, you might want to install to somewhere else than 'Program Files'):
The .zip installer for mac and linux:
-torrent not yet
I would like to thank the following people for making it possible:
TwentySeven and BladeKiller, great work!
Rest of dev team: dito!
QA Team: pwn!
File hosters: n1!
3rd party mappers: GG!
People from ioq3 helping out: superb!
Wolfseye's box art: zomg frikandel!
And of course, the community: ROFLCOPTER!
Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
This release will feature stuff like:
- Working IP ban system
- Duplicate name protection (the trade of is that you can't use spaces in your name anymore though)
- Removal of white skins
- New/updated maps
- Updated UI and default settings
- /rcon players command, returning map/score and per player: name, team, score, ping, IP
Bug fixes, like:
- Fixed hit bug when crouching and moving
- Several spawn locations fixed
- Negev reload exploit fixed
- Power slide physics exploit fixed
- TDM scoreboard not updating fixed
- in-game browser now remembers your sorting preferences
And some tweaks to weapon balance:
- sr8 unzooms when getting hit with significant damage
- spas does less damage and knockback when getting hit by it is lower
- ump does more damage
- psg back to 8 bullets and chest hits bleed out
This will be a big download. There will only be full installers, no update packages. It should be installed to a new/empty directory. You can copy over your old config file afterwards.
Together with the changes to ioUrbanTerror posted earlier, we hope this will become the best and most solid version to date. Discuss it here.
The exact release time is not yet known. But count on somewhere around 19.00 - 24.00 CET (GMT+1). That's somewhere around 10.00 - 15.00 PST or 13.00 - 18.00 EST.
We wish you happy holidays and a great new year!
The Frozen Sand Development Team
PS: Tnx Wolfseye, for the great Urban Terror box art!
The list of these maps is
The Post by FS can be found here - http://forums.urbanterror.net/index.php/topic,8990.0.html
I Have always respected FS and never wanted these maps to begin with but some don't understand that.
I would rather stay in good standing with them and continue to receive the benefits of that than have a illegal map hosted on my server(s).