FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• Now that I look back.. this whole thing is stupid, period.

As to the comment- I do not need ot prove it as fact. Defend them if you will. It is my opinion, and it stands. the hacker is a sad person. No self-confidence. Chest-pumping bravado in the hopes he won't get called on it. Weak minds, weak will.

Got the means to sift through the digital communication between user and server? To decipher everything and figure a manner to police? Contact the UAA. Go to their website and forums, and post your ideas. Join a team and actually DO SOMETHING.

In reviewing this thread, the fact that you downloaded and used a hack = KICK BAN. No excuses, no tolerance. If you never used it on your online gaming machine while online.. cool. Delete it, or go to UAA and get involved. The FSK405 forums are NOT the place for this, and they a NOT the place for discussing this.

If you do not have the means to do as you say you want to, then you are the equivalent of a hacker. PERIOD. Download a hack, use it for ONE SECOND on a public server = HACKER.

Contact UAA. Post on their forums.

HACKING IS NOT TOLERATED IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM ON FSK405 SERVERS. PERIOD, END OF SENTENCE.

Mods- lock this ridiculous thread please?

• /me High fives B-Ver and says Whoop there it is!

• Got the means to sift through the digital communication between user and server? To decipher everything and figure a manner to police? Contact the UAA. Go to their website and forums, and post your ideas. Join a team and actually DO SOMETHING.

B-Ver

Ah ok sorry I did not realize that there was an organization already available that was already involved in something that I’m interested in getting involved with. I apologize for any disruptions I might have caused but hay this the rant section after all right. :)

• cool- UAA is a great group!

• I find it a very interesting discussion, but alas, my head is about to explode!!! So I'm gonna go shoot some bishes and cap some flags. MadMan, I truly hope you forward this discussion into the UAA forums and become an active member there...maybe even one of the reviewers of demos.

• I glad you found it all interesting Littlefoot and I’ve already started to make an attempt to see if there is anyone interested in the idea. If I there is no interest there then I do have a few contacts at a couple of places where I already have street credit but I’m not sure this would be a project that they would be interested in.

Just to clear things up a bit I do use the bot only on my laptop and not on my main system. It’s just nuts to use anything, bot hack or other wise, from a community that simply cannot be trusted in the first place. It’s designed to be a hack and as far as hackers go we know that they who designed the program could very well add more viral types of code.

As well I’m not concerned about the obvious cheat or why they do it, they might as well have a big L painted on their forehead, but I am interested if it’s possible to detect using software and data analysis to catch the Uber cheat who’s only goal is not to get caught.

Even then I’m thinking cheat detection and being able to analyze as well as predict human interaction with in a digital world has some other applications that it could be applied to.

• I believe that players hack because of their own inadequecy (sp?) and frustration. Kinda like the guy who will roll a sock up and put it in his pants before going out.

• Well at last count there is, according to the UAA, over 16 million who have been banned. I can’t see that may people just out to shove a sock down their pants. ;)

Boy that’s a big number.

I think they simply cheat because they have means and opportunity to do so with in an environment that has little or no consequences to take responsibility for their actions.

Cheats maybe but probably just a different form of being an asshat. As some stated they are just out to piss people off and in this case the “gamer” that is about playing the game.

What I find interesting though is the reaction by administrators when one does show up. They warn them, again and again, then they slap them around for a while before baning them for a few hours.

Makes me wonder if this is the type of attention they are looking for?

• People cheat because they either don't want to take the time to develop their own skills or they have tried to do that but have given up. It's easier and maybe they're just lazy or they assume that everyone else cheats so thay might as well.

I don't think you have played on servers with b3 for very long or understand how they work. Most admins on the superman server do not have the ability to slap or nuke someone. they can record a demo and submit it to upper level admins to review and if they agree, then THEY will permanently ban them. If the lower level admins are 100% percent convinced while observing a bot or hack, and they have the authority, THEN they can ban for up to 3 hours. We depend on the higher admins for permaban. They depend on us to observe and report. That's how it works.

It seems that you want this thread to continue after Beav called for it to be locked.

• Well actually this topic is continuing because people are still posting to it. Granted it’s probably a hot topic of discussion but this is the “rant” section after all.

As for Big Brother Bot, which is a hack by definition by the way, sure I understand how it works in a limited fashion based on its feature set but from what I read its abilities to catch a cheat in a timely manner is rather limited.

For the record I’ve over 25 years working in the security industry and it’s not my intention to try and convince anyone that they, the cheat, should be understood but to analyze the type of rewards they gain from such behavior.

Granted I have nothing that supports the idea but I can see they have their own reward verses risk appeal to cheating simply if they are only interested in seeing how long they can get away with it before they are caught.

From my point of view the question is does the very system in place now actually creates the motivation for someone whose way of playing the game is not to get caught? The reward for the pure player is simply to not die and win the game so with in the scope of the community you have a cops verse the robbers situation.

The key to prevention is “time”. The less you rewarded a cheat with game time the more you deny them they very thing they need to fulfill whatever satisfaction they gain from cheating. You take away time and you will never have to ban anyone ever again simply because the majority will just give up.

I’ll make this one last comment and then let it go, unless someone else wises to continue the debate.

If you really want to get rid of these guys then the technology, math, and data is all there to prevent anyone from using an aim bot, a wall hack, or any other form of cheat and with out getting into the technical details I’ve actually seen this type of fuzzy logic work in the real world.

This from just a couple of week’s worth of research and not ignoring the fact that cheating does occur.

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux