FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• this is all about jumps, flys, lemmings, curbstomps, chases in mid air, Resuming, all about fast gameplay and many fun :)

like glad said, explore the map or spectate the regulars and u will see many fun stuff and secrets in map.

we all got addicted to it :)

|HH|Son

'Addicted' is the right word :)

Wily has utilized the full physics capabilities of the Quake 3 engine with this map. A few other good maps utilize certain aspects of the engine to their potential, but Wily has explored the depths of the engine and brought us this '3D' masterpiece. Tactically, it is simply the best map for Urban Terror. It plays nearly as well in CTF with 6 players as it does with 24. It is a huge map, but there is no spot on the map that isn't reachable quickly. There are just enough flag 'hiding' spots to be a challenge, but not so many as to be an eternal standoff.

Most competition maps use a '2D' approach to gameplay, with 'choke' points and closed bases. Kind of like Chess. Pure strategy, but tactically rather boring. It is also rather easy for 2 good teams to come to a complete standoff on this 'standard' type of map, because it is so difficult to make a 'surprise play'.

This map uses a truly '3D' approach to gameplay, without traditional 'choke' points, and open bases, where solid tactical gameplay becomes a large part of the strategy. Kind of like '3D Holographic' chess. It is always possible for an individual or a small squad to 'break open' the gameplay with a surprise move.

Honestly, I believe this vast difference in styles and very unique gameplay approach is why this map hasn't been embraced by any UrT leagues yet- the 'old school' clans know that an upstart squad could 'bust open' the gameplay on this map, and there would be upsets galore. Their minds are stuck in '2D' mode. [<--- blatant 'hint' to leagues]

• ]
    Honestly, I believe this vast difference in styles and very unique gameplay approach is why this map hasn't been embraced by any UrT leagues yet- the 'old school' clans know that an upstart squad could 'bust open' the gameplay on this map, and there would be upsets galore. Their minds are stuck in '2D' mode. [<--- blatant 'hint' to leagues]

Gladi8r[Um3

Imagine what a squad of superman addicts would do to any other clan on this map?

• Imagine what a squad of superman addicts would do to any other clan on this map?

CDaly

Those so called, or so they think they are, Ubber L33t clans would be scratching their heads wondering what kind of hax were being used!!! Heh, does that statement mean I think Superman regulars ARE actually Ubber L33t? Well, I know I personally am still a noob when it comes to Superman, I just don't play it enough to get that good at it...but some of you guys & gals are frickin' awesome!!!

• Even playing this map in TDM its freakin awseome jaker.

there are a few servers using this map in their map cycles.
    more rooms and windows would add more camping to the game, and despite its allowed in here, it would mess the true essence of superman map.

this is all about jumps, flys, lemmings, curbstomps, chases in mid air, Resuming, all about fast gameplay and many fun :)

like glad said, explore the map or spectate the regulars and u will see many fun stuff and secrets in map.

we all got addicted to it :)

|HH|Son

don't get me wrong, aside from a few duke nukem 3d maps, like the moonbase(that was kickass) this is probably the best map ive ever played. I mean it's awesome. But to me its about more than just fast chases and air jumps. It's big and mysterious, it has the ability to lead you into this world where there could be so many places to hide, so many rooms and offices could be put in with slight windows. And a long staircase up to the top, would be awesome. Or what about elevators that worked? Jeez that would be challenging, especially if there other floors you could stop on.

but please don't get the wrong impression, I'm not knocking the map. And yes, hardly any servers cycle this map. I don't think I've seen this map on any other servers at all come to think of it. What a shame.
    peace

• we are all receptive to new ideas and discussions, because it was it, that make this map simply the best in urt.
    many modifications and new stuff were added all over the years, and the map isn´tn closed to other inovations, i think.

all opinion count if they are good intended of course :)

now speaking in Cdaly and Littlefoot point, u are right guys, many good clans will get ass raped playing in superman with a good team of regulars. Many people cant understand the essence of the map and his gameplay, and its a thin i´ve learned watchin the pros in this map, like u Cdaly, or truth, dank, sheila, ban, momo, mrtinker, glad.

this comunity has a huge number of good players, and believe in me, despite everyone uses different ways to fly and travel around map, we all share the essence of superman map. We all have great fun playing here :)

• I think you underestimate l33t players. I've seen good players come on Superman and do really well. Just GOOD players. They only need to learn a few basic jumps in order to score/cap well. Does anyone remember Chuckles? He never did any of the jumps that Truth,or Tink, or Ban does but look at the all time list of Superman players. There he is...right at the top. What sets the l33rt players apart is their shooting ability and adaptability to new maps. Plus team cooperation. When a real pro comes on everyone goes to spectate and starts crying hax and making demos. Look at Lars and civil just to name a couple.

• we are all receptive to new ideas and discussions, because it was it, that make this map simply the best in urt.
    many modifications and new stuff were added all over the years, and the map isn´tn closed to other inovations, i think.

|HH|Son

This map is in fact quite the opposite of being closed to innovations. One of the most significant innovations to supersoldier that adds an almost unheard of uniqueness to the new map, is an entire team dedicated to building out new ideas, then having the ability to watch their own efforts come to life as the map works its way through the development process.

The level of coordination, resource management, talents and skillsets involved, and team collaboration is downright professional. We're paving some new ground in Urban Terror, perhaps even further than that.

• I think you underestimate l33t players. I've seen good players come on Superman and do really well. Just GOOD players. They only need to learn a few basic jumps in order to score/cap well. Does anyone remember Chuckles? He never did any of the jumps that Truth,or Tink, or Ban does but look at the all time list of Superman players. There he is...right at the top.

Boogie Knight
    I agree to some extent. If a sniper's killing me every time I try a jump then I've got to revert to my 'other' skills. The unique thing about superman is the infinite number of ways of getting around and adapting to the situation.

Knowing how to jump has its own dividends though. Tonight I grabbed the red flag en route to the "fokker's point" jump. (Doom to red to fokker's point to garage, slide under the shed on blue, and cap.) As I was flying up to grab the flag I noticed the EFC was getting ready to cap. The time it took for him to go from red roof's ledge to their flag was just long enough for me to grab the flag. I lemminged at the foot of Fokker's arrow, but it was enough to get a "okay, that's just not human" from the other team :)

• I agree with what you say tink, but can you do that 20 times in a row? Sure, if a leet clan came on and played against the best Superman players they would probably lose (1st match). Might even lose the 2nd and or 3rd, but eventualy, they adapt and learn at a faster pace then most. The fact that you can change plans in midair and think up "plan b" at a moments notice is what separates you from most Superman players. Most players have a unidimensional way of playing ANY map. Take Davey, for example, the one thing that he likes to do, if blue, is camp the red lobby. So very quickly, good players will look for him and take him out. Sometimes, after he dies, I like to camp my own lobby because I know he'll be back. Just to thwart his strategy. How many times have you seen someone swipe your flag and teammates will just sit somewhere with a sniper rifle and not move to try to get it back? People would learn a lot just by watching a good GTV match between leading clans. I mean, just to get an idea of who those players are that you're putting down. They're really impressive. Game intuition, intelligence, cfg's that they have spent hours on tweeking, etc.

• I would be really interested in testing the map and replying to you what to improve. But I can't help with the actual development.

greetings, Scotty[SpEcIeS]

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux