FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• What do you guys think of 4.0 so far?

I like the graphics, when I actually pay attention to them, but the player movement feels a little like CSS, but on speed.

I feel a little laggy, even with decent FPS.

Weapon balance is soso. Sr8 seems to be less effective, and G36 is much more effective then in previous releases.

Sounds on the weapons are sweet.

Nades have less impact, shich I do not mind, since I don't use them that much, except for a deturant.

Hit detection - Do you feel you are hitting "more accurately" or are more shots just hitting? Meaning...I see more of my shots that should miss, hit and still see shots that should hit, miss and pass through the target. Is the hit detection actually tweaked, or are te boxes just bigger around the players? I think hit etection will always be an issues as long as everyone has diferent connections and computer hardware...but I will still bitch about hax!!! lol

Overall, I like 4.0, just gotta get used to it.

• wish i could play 4.0......I am actually loading up tonight for the first time.

• I feel the same as ghost about 4.0,but in teh future I hope some of the "funstuff" is phased out and more Tactical/Terrorists details are added .Version 3.7 was great as an old reliable fragfest! and really all it needed to me was better hit detection and updated graphics and less Hax!
    But thats just my opinion and dont get me wrong I will play the Hell out of 4.0 I just have these suggestions as a player.
    anyways I give it 9 out of 10.
    -Drex
    pS.Please dont shoot ..."ME!"

• My early impressions of 4.0 are the same as ghostface's . I first thought it might be in my system and I tried to do some tweaks to my system and the game to see if I could take out the lagg and totally fked up my system to the point I considered a reinstall of windows, sht I fked up big time

• At least I still get to shoot hud in the head!!! Right hud? Wasn't that fun?

• Game play:

love the hit detection. shots that i think miss, actually miss, and ones i think shouldve hit, hit. there does seem to be a little lag in the time hits get registered (explains why it's possible to die around a corner after a shoot-out), though I don't mind it. i'm just glad the ones that count get counted! i dont see a big difference in the overall graphics - it does feel a little cleaner. i'm glad to see the support for ioquake - let the community go the route that makes more sense. i don't like the fact that there isnt BE for mac yet though, which if the community went io/BE would eliminate a (small) percentage of players (including me). plus all my aimbots and wall hacks wouldn't work anymore...

graphics:

the models are nice looking however SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT THE WHITE SKINS. it confuses everyone. i would like to see an alternate team skin for both sexes but that resembles each other closely. kind of like an alternate jersey for sports players - they're different, but are pretty close to each other and there's no mistaking a red/blue player. the fun stuff is, well, fun. i like that personal touch. it's unforutunate the 3.7 maps arent compatable with 4.0, but maybe this is the time to start fresh again. i like most of the changes to the 4.0 maps. there are subtle differences that weaken camping spots and promote more street fighting. i think some of the maps are still biased to one side though. i suppose every non-symetrical map has been in debate in one time or another. there are some small bugs in a couple of the maps. sometimes i get texture loading issues where the map will load everything completely black, or everything very bright. a vid_restart usually fixes it. didnt experience this is 3.7.

weapon balance:

the changes made i think were good, except i think the sr8 got a little too weak. i think 3 rounds a clip is too few. i would like to see it maybe 4 or 5. i think the goggles are also a little too weak, but they needed to be weakened. l dont really have a suggestion on a comfortable balance. i dont see the need for both the lr300 and m4. they both do the same damage and appear to have same/similar shooting rep-rate/grouping. the weapon sounds are nice. the m4 and hk doesn't quite sound like it does in real-life imo, but who really cares anyway.

if i was a purely selfish player, i would say the changes are junk because they weaken my personal playing style (camp/defend/snipe with goggles and sr8). however in the big picture i think those changes were a good thing because a sharp sniper in a good roost with a box of ammo and scooby snacks can wreak serious havoc, lessening the game experience for the other team. if i could change some things, i would introduce more 'luck' factor, i.e. less accurate weapons. i like to see noobs get into the action easily, instead of getting completely dominated by a vet. kinda like lowering the upper limit of a vet's awesomeness. i'm sure the community wouldn't like changes like that though.

overall i think there are many more good changes than debatable ones. it's a good update imo.

• Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't.

Hit detection = Good

New maps seem to all be turnpike-ish.

I think they fucked Riyadh all up.

I mis the flavor of Dank and Frogs map cycles.

The G36 makes my wiener very stiff!!

• I'll just do a quick + and - rundown.

On the plus side...
    NVG got tweaked to make it more realistic (although they still have target boxes)
    Weapons are more balanced. (although I agree on SR8 ammo being to limited)
    Hit detect is wayyyyy better.
    Weapon sounds are much better.
    Graphics are improved to a certain extent.
    Hot potato is a great addition for ctf.
    Crouch slide rocks.

On the minus side...
    Nades are to weak
    Player movement is really weird to get used to.
    Hits are delayed even with great ping and 125 FPS.
    White suits need to go away!!!
    Seems sluggish but i think it may just be due to player movement changes.

Overall I like it. I think it's just a little more different than I expected.

Personally I would have preferred something more along the lines of 3.7 as far as player movement goes.

Overall I think they did a great job on the mod and everyone who has played for years will have their own opinions. It is what it is and we all just need to get used to it now......

Just my 2 cents worth.

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux