FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• You thought B3 was just for server administration, and didn't involve you, didn't you? Here are two ideas for modified game modes using B3 that I've been working on, I'd like to know what people think about them.

Duel Mode:

Issue a !challenge command to another player, select weapons and a map, and if they accept your challenge then you can fight to the death on the selected map with the selected weapons against your opponent, best of 3 team survivor style, mano e mano.

B3 makes sure no one else joins the 1v1 match or interferes, it cycles the server to the chosen map, limits the weapons, and keeps track of the score. By winning challenges, you gain prestige and access to more maps and weapons than when you're a beginner. Dank has been very supportive of this idea and will run it before our Sunday scrims if or when I iron out some of the remaining issues. This is already mostly written.

Match Mode CTF:

Every Sunday for our in-clan scrims, we play a more serious style of CTF than in regular pub time - the teams are picked before playing, everyone stays for the entire game, each team has their own teamspeak channel, strategies are discussed before the game starts. It really is quite difficult to get willing captains, to choose a map people want to play, and especially to get even teams. One or two extra aces on one side can lead to a one-sided game that isn't too much fun for anybody.

With B3 I can implement a more nuanced voting system, where the server asks for map suggestions, from those suggestions narrows the choice to between 2-4 maps, and then takes a direct vote or a ranked vote or whatever works best from testing to select one. I can also allow captains to choose their team members in-game, and have the server remember who is on which team (and restrict each player to their correct team). Finally, I can use stats gathered on each player for each map (from a long period of their pub play, assuming they play on that server) to give estimated skill values for each player and especially an entire team, to help us create more even teams.

Would you want to play these game modes? What features are missing that would be important to you? Which features seem overly complicated and should be simplified? Would you be willing to help as a beta tester? All thoughts welcomed.

• what about a mode called Fun Mode that uses the bot to randomly nuke players and slap players and change the gravity and shit every once in a while, not TOO often but often enough for some funny shit

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux