FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• Hi,
    As you may know, I have been playing on this Superman server now for...4-5 years. Much of that time I've been a moderator and then an admin. I've taken the abuse from the players, the regulars, the other mods/admins, and even the FSK405 upper admins.* I don't know how many demos I've submitted and viewed. My name's in the concrete out back beside Krate Construction. Wily_Duck calls me "Neo". In short, I've contributed a lot of my time and myself to FSK405|DankRider's 24/7 superman server.***

I've earned a promotion and I'm now asking for it. I've earned the right to slap and nuke players. See, that's how life works. I've mastered the whole careful admining required to keep the server populated and fun. If someone needs 3 hours off I know it and can be trusted with that decision. If someone needs a week off I know it and can be trusted with that decision. If someone's an assclown and needs to wise up I can be trusted with deciding how many slaps/nukes are necessary.

Regards,
    -Tinker/Limelight

PS I'm making this public so that Dank has one less PM to read ;) I'm also very new to the whole "asking for a promotion" gig, so I could be fouling this up readily (but not arrogantly).

*Divine's slapped me into a lemming more times than I know. I wont even mention the time Divine ripped my privs away. Mindriot's** declared himself my chode. Xyster's tked and nuked me OFTEN. Fokker's slapped, nuked, and KICKED me more times than I care to remember. Even YOU, Dank, have nuked me. ...then there was the time SPIDER came on aliased. I wont even mention how he was a total and complete asshat, forced me to MUTE him, and then flipped the FUCK out and threatened to rip my privs/have me banned just for looking up his alias list.

**Don't get me started on Mindriot. Man...

***I and Guardian/Anonymous started the "superman tribute club" $ which certainly united the regulars.

• I would love !slap privs as well and have been a good admin for ages. I just want it so I can slap Tink around from time to time, when he comes across as arrogant, which would mean often :)

Thanks in advance

• Reply To Tinkers public request to have additional server abilities and control.

As of now Tinker you are the highest level Admin of any none FSK405 member along side Dr.Worm. As B3 is an extension of RCON, your request if accepted could require redefining our current B3 level structure. A structure you should have a copy of as all B3 admins have signed off on via e-mail.

As you are currently one of the highest level admins with an Echelon account, further abilities would should be discussed on TS3 to define what additional abilities you are asking for. I would suggest reviewing the current structure of Supermans B3 levels noting what additional abilities you are asking for. ~ I get the Nuke Slap thing, maybe we turn it off so no one can use it for it is an abuse function more than a moderation function.

Though Im the current owner of the server I do not dictate or have final say who can have B3 abilities. This is a Superman Head Admin Team effort. All server and player B3 level adjustments are reviewed and discussed in a democratic fashion amongst the Head Admin Superman Team. As of now the main head admins on the superman server are (Boogie][night, SheilaDevine, MindRiot, Dr.Worm, WilyDuck, DankRider).
    90% of what the main head admins do is time consuming administrative work. Reviewing and logging demos, Implementing bans, handling case's of players contesting their ban, Superman e-mail and contact dealings, diffusing disputes amongst Admins and or players, maintaining server logs, maintaining echelon accounts, and many other administrative functions required to keep the community working. Many of the Head Admin responsibilities consume countless hours, all with the goal of maintaining the superman's servers integrity. A tough task with the accessibility to hacks, volume of ass-hats, admin, and general personality conflicts. If you are looking to be a Head admin working with a common vision along side the other head admins that too can be up for discussion. I would note on most Head Admins spend half hour to an hour daily, dealing with behind the scenes administrative functions.

NOTE:
    I have been paying for and growing the Superman server for 7 years working closely with WilyDuck to attain his vision. It has took years to define the structure that is in place now. A delicate structure allowing none FSK405 admins to moderate the server. It has been our vision to provide a fun hacker and ass hat free gaming environment while empowering level headed Superman regulars with server abilities. In my opinion it is rare to find a server owner/clan that is willing to empower none members to administrate their server especially in UrT. I think this is the foundation of that makes FSK405's Superman server so popular. That and WilyDucks unconditional support . We are always looking for Level headed folks to help out at any level.

Bottom line Your request is acknowledged and will be addressed.

lastly none related: There are some Future Superman Server developments that are going to revolutionize the way the Superman server is administrated and run. With out too many details, it should add a new level of community participation along with transparency for much of the administrative functions, not to mention gaming modifications. Sadly working with a democratic process, discussing every option makes these transitions slow. Though in contrast to a dictatorship telling folks how it is, the current democratic process allows folks to have a voice along with a sense of pride of ownership..

Thanks for you continued Support we will take your request seriously opening up dialog to define at what level you hope to participate.

PS. I do find it funny you posted your request at Thu Apr 28 2011, 05:05AM -- Did Tinker pull an all niter, hopefully you are working 3rd shift abusing company hours.

• If we're going to be frank about the nuking and slapping ability, it's not a good deterrent to true asshats and cheaters. I've found it actually reinforces their behavior, even though everyone else gets a good kick out of watching it.

That said, it's mildly entertaining to do at first, and occasionally from time to time, but overrated. I think we have several admins on the Superman like Tinky who have been loyal and level-headed for years, but this minor perk is a member's thing right now. As often as I've seen people horsing around with it (including myself), I've never seen it abused to win the game or disrupt a legit cap. Right now, there about half a dozen players that can slap on Superman and most of them rarely come on. It'd be a little ridiculous to hand such power to 20 longtime, loyal admins. I can see the slap wars now. B3 isn't well designed for it.

• PS I'm making this public so that Dank has one less PM to read ;)

MrTinker.Um3
    I still haven't gotten my 40 back after the server screw up that made me a 30. Its been at least 2-3 months. Someone get on that, thanks

• Topic Diversion:
    BanMe you are now instated as an Admin level 40.

As for Nuke's Slap's:
    Though the Superman Head Admins could discuss offering none FSK405 members the ability to nuke and slap I doubt it would pass for reasons Sheila outlined. If Nuking and Slapping has become a problem on the server I would look into disabling it completely. Nukes in superman are relatively harmless for they are easy to avoid, though i can see both could be frustrating if you too dont have the ability.

• As for Nuke's Slap's:
    Though the Superman Head Admins could discuss offering none FSK405 members the ability to nuke and slap I doubt it would pass for reasons Sheila outlined. If Nuking and Slapping has become a problem on the server I would look into disabling it completely. Nukes in superman are relatively harmless for they are easy to avoid, though i can see both could be frustrating if you too dont have the ability.

DankRider

No, no, it's not a disturbance. (Though, like all lighthearted humor, there are serious undercurrents to my post.) Yes, having a bunch of admins slapping constantly *would* be a disturbance - but that's not in any way what I requested. I ask you to give me slap and nuke. For that matter, I haven't seen Divine nor Mindriot on superman for months. The last game I played against/with Divine was probably our 1v1. They're not playing with the lego-blocks anymore, so why not donate them to a younger kid?

You're correct, Dank, I wrote this post sometime between 2-3 am. There's likely to be some (but not much) bleary-eyed writing in my original request.

• I'm around. I think the Level 60+ split for FSK members v. nonmembers Level 50 and below is fine. Most FSK players are only Level 50 anyway. Mindriot is still in the background. too.

Your request may just be for you, but it also would make you the exception, thereby nullifying the rule that's worked very well for two years. Let's face it, Superman isn't what it was in 2007. We almost have the opposite problem now: we're overadminned.

• I have never nuked anyone on Superman (not even once), I don't know if i CAN! The only time I use slap is for some mouthy person that is begging to be kicked or TBd, a constant TKer (just prior to TBing), and when I see someone or hear of someone TKing for the flag (again, just prior to a warning). The slap adds a little extra to a warning or a kick. I don't do it for the sheer fun of it.

• (Though, like all lighthearted humor, there are serious undercurrents to my post.)

MrTinker.Um3

• Undercurrents are not specific and could lead to speculation and assumptions, there for they cannot be addressed. If you have specific concerns feel free to outline them and they will be addressed. You can choose to do this publicly or in private on Team Speak.

• Reading your initial request the only outlined privilege you appear to be asking for is Nuking and Slapping. If that is the additional privileged you are looking for the Head Superman Admins will discuss it.

• If you have other intentions post them or meet with one of the Head Admins to express your goal and level of desired participation.

The Dialog is now open if you have personnel, server operation concerns now is the time to address them. If you would like to become a Head Admin and are willing to devote the required time, that too is up for discussion. We will not speculate to any of your "Undercurrents" for who knows if they are positive, negative, or neutral.

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux This topic is now closed