FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• http://fsk405.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?43557 It seems that ezekrialase's recruitment thread has been hijacked by those that don't think highly of him and his recruitment thread isn't the place to discuss it. I guess it does show one thing, the POV his peers have of him. However, I feel that some of the artillary slung at him is somewhat biased and quite possibly untrue. That is, unless Echelon just isn't telling the truth.

yeah this guy stacks teams and tks on the superman server personally I would say F2 but thats just me

Good thing he didn't ask to be in your clan then, huh? [$]

This guy just spent all game accusing me of hax and then ragequit.

Odd, B3 shows he hasn't been on since Jan 2nd. R-Kill aka ezekrialase? The guy said 'cheater' on two separate occasions and was immediately warned, though it was all tongue-in-cheek?
    Not defending this guy, but this was in a recruitment thread, not a "please un-ban me" thread. Are we out to hang this guy or something? creeper[um3] has 4 id's, hundreds of aliases, and even more penalties. Sure we jest around a bit. I'm quite notorious for that. Xyster brings that out in me. Well, so does creeper. !slap creeper 99 But, if there is one thing I've noticed creep up from time to time about Superman admins, it's admin abuse. Maybe better said, over-admin'ing. Allow me to demonstrate. Toss out as many warns as quickly as possible, then use the warns to justify a ban. For AFK? OMFG, put them in spec and leave them there. If it's a full server and they've been in spec too long, then boot them. Everybody goes pee, gets a drink, la-di-da-di-da. It isn't the end of the world. You might as well forget the warns, and jump right to a ban if that is all you're trying to accomplish in the end. Immediate, successive warns to a ban: 24567 Warning Wednesday, 24/11/2010 (17:47) Keep the teams balanced - placed by JetDry 24568 Warning Wednesday, 24/11/2010 (17:47) Keep the teams balanced - placed by JetDry 24569 Warning Wednesday, 24/11/2010 (17:47) Keep the teams balanced - placed by JetDry 24570 TempBan Wednesday, 24/11/2010 (17:48) too many warnings: Keep the teams balanced - placed by JetDry 25896 Warning Monday, 06/12/2010 (19:53) you appear to be away from your keyboard - placed by Mandy[Um3] 25897 Warning Monday, 06/12/2010 (19:53) you appear to be away from your keyboard - placed by Mandy[Um3] 25898 Warning Monday, 06/12/2010 (19:54) you appear to be away from your keyboard - placed by Mandy[Um3] 25899 TempBan Monday, 06/12/2010 (19:54) too many warnings: you appear to be away from your keyboard - placed by Mandy[Um3] 27006 Warning Thursday, 16/12/2010 (16:20) Rule #6: Please respect the admins (listen and learn or leave) - placed by Martin'O'HolyNewYear 27007 Warning Thursday, 16/12/2010 (16:22) Rule #6: Please respect the admins (listen and learn or leave) - placed by Martin'O'HolyNewYear 27008 Warning Thursday, 16/12/2010 (16:22) Rule #6: Please respect the admins (listen and learn or leave) - placed by Martin'O'HolyNewYear 27009 TempBan Thursday, 16/12/2010 (16:22) too many warnings: Rule #6: Please respect the admins (listen and learn or leave) - placed by Martin'O'HolyNewYear 21227 Warning Thursday, 14/10/2010 (10:37) you appear to be away from your keyboard - placed by creeper|um3 21228 Warning Thursday, 14/10/2010 (10:38) you appear to be away from your keyboard - placed by creeper|um3 21229 Warning Thursday, 14/10/2010 (10:38) you appear to be away from your keyboard - placed by creeper|um3 21230 Warning Thursday, 14/10/2010 (10:38) you appear to be away from your keyboard - placed by creeper|um3 21231 Warning Thursday, 14/10/2010 (10:38) you appear to be away from your keyboard - placed by creeper|um3 21232 TempBan Thursday, 14/10/2010 (10:38) too many warnings: you appear to be away from your keyboard - placed by creeper|um3 21233 TempBan Thursday, 14/10/2010 (10:38) too many warnings: you appear to be away from your keyboard - placed by creeper|um3 Yah, yah, yah, Superman gets a lot of asshats. Are you here to moderate the server or stroke your ego? Take the opportunity to re-read the SM Admin Guidelines & Rules so that you don't forget why you're a Superman admin. Under the Notes section: — Moderating on the FSK405 Superman server is a privilege that few players are entrusted with. If you use your Moderator status for personal revenge, grudges, or ego satisfaction, you can expect the sysadmin to revoke your Moderator status. Always be fair and consistent. We are here to have fun, not to bust everyone's chops for every little fault. — Set the example. As a Moderator, your conduct in the game sets the standard for all players in the game. Maturity, calm assertiveness, and fairness are the hallmarks of a great game server moderator. -R

• The last 2 replies to ezekrialase's recruitment thread have been deleted so as not to steer the thread in the wrong direction. Those who have posted know what they have done, and those who haven't read them directly, should know that they don't belong there. (backup saved to .pdf locally)

• i don't have privs to kick or move spec.

i'm sry but there are so many afks in super, i feel totally justified in "cleaning them up"

also, i try to make sure it's just 3 or 4 warns so they only get 1 minute ban and can come back

[edit]
    ALSO, your post is titled something wholly unrelated to adminning super.
    Often we conjecture on ts3 what is the best approach to adminning, and it's conjecture because we don't get guidance, we get scolding
    piecemeal. calgon take me away.

In general i agree that we over admin, but I also think you guys don't play on the server when it's in "wild west" mode.

• Feel free to PM me if you have a problem with how i'm admining...

• It's frustrating to many that they can not !force a player (to spec or team). If you're down a man and have an afk, and can't !force, you have no other option than to multiple warn. I usually warn once and wiat for a reply. He may have stopped to scratch his &*^ or pick his )*^%$, or he may be selecting weapons. If I don't get a response in like 30 seconds to a minute, then I move him to spec or mutiple warn. Meanwhile, the other team is happily capping away.
    I said something in the thread concerning this player because of what I have witnessed on Superman. If you don't play Superman very much, and you see a player posting interest in the recruitment thread, you will be tempted to be cordial and nice to the person. I feel it's my duty to the clan and the community to NOT be nice to asshats. In this circumstance, CIVIL, maybe, but never nice.
    I do agree that there is too much adminning going on on that server. My own personnal belief is that adminning should always be taken seriously. I hate to see a lot of slapping (just for the pure fun of it) or frivolous B3 warnings. This would be particularly true of admins who are not fsk. It should be an honor to do your duty to help keep the server safe from cheaters and asshats. Warnings like !warn boogie vest too tight should never appear.There are 9 rules. Violation of those rules should be the only warnings. Non fsk admins using B3 as a joke should have their rights stripped away.

• Ladies and Gentlemen,

I admit, I'm sometimes guilty of being a little hasty on the !warn or the !kick, but usually it's because I'm on the losing team and struggling, trying to keep the game from slipping away. I'm sure I don't need to remind anyone that I hate losing.

Perhaps there should be a well-defined policy regarding some of the actions on the server. Here are some of the categories and a brief, but colorful, description of my reaction to them.

AFK - the obvious solution is to force spec. If there's nobody that can force spec, what should the policy be?

TK - I typically kick a malicious TKer as quickly as possible. Obviously I have to see the TK to know it's malicious, which is a bit one-sided since I don't usually see enemy team's TKs (although I have kicked enemy TKers when I've seen it or it was otherwise apparent).

Malicious TKs include: killing the flag bearer for the flag in a friendly-controlled zone, kicking someone off the roof deliberately (not an outright TK, but, seriously, come on). I've had multiple instances of friendlies standing there aiming at me for 30 seconds and then headshotting me outright. That's a malicious TK, especially when I have the flag.

(I actually have kicked people for TKing me for the flag, which causes the flag to return if they're still carrying it. I'm aware that it happens, and I still do it. That's KINDA nice of me, no? Giving the enemy flag back and all? I'm a nice guy).

If the TKer comes back and does it again, then I do warn them multiple times fairly quickly: it's obvious that's their intent, and they're not here to play fair. Gone.

Language - I never kick for language. You can say whatever you want as far as I'm concerned, although heavy racism and stuff like that WILL get multiple warnings or a mute, if B3 doesn't beat me to it. Offensive nicks, I haven't needed to do anything about, since there always seem to be other admins around who are willing to deal with it.

Spam/Repeating Binds - I always try to mute, and someone always has to remind me !mute doesn't work on binds. At that point I don't remember what happens, I think eventually the person gets warned out, not always by me.

Unbalancing teams/Failure to use AUTOJOIN - This is my personal pet peeve. I hate it. I want to hunt down people who don't use AUTOJOIN. "IT'S RIGHT THERE, IT'S THE FIRST CHOICE!!!" as I grind their faces into their monitors. When I'm on the losing team (more often than not), and we're down 18-0, and someone joins the winning team (which ALWAYS SEEMS TO HAVE THE EXTRA PLAYER. ALWAYS), then yeah, I might kick, I might !warn 4, 5, 18 times.

I'm going to make an effort for the new year, that when someone fails to autojoin, I will hit !teams. I will give someone two or three times, if they keep switching back, before I warn them, and I'll only warn every time they violate the rule. Is that a fair resolution?

This whole time, while I've been writing this, I've been forced to stare at Boogie Knight's animated image in the post above this one. Just think what that does to a person. I can't look away. It's, like, a train wreck, or a really ugly person, you want to stop looking but you can't.

Thanks for your time, and I'm hopeful we can agree on a policy or general guidelines about some of these offenses in a timely manner.
    -Tom

[EDIT - fixed a grammatical error]

• Jet, you're making some reasonable suggestions, but you're making it sound like the current system rules and guidelines are not. I think the set up is pretty good as is.

• To reflect what has been said to a degree above, there are a lot of admins without kick / force ability, which is often the quickest / kindest way of dealing with a player who is afk / persistently behaving badly. In certain situations a three warn in succession tempban is all they can do.

I will say however, that admins that try and warn like 7 times need to scale back a bit. It doesnt ban the player for any longer, or make the action happen quicker, it just spams the server.

Final point on "quick reaction" adminning is that there are times when I think it is necessary as well as times when it is excessive.

Take for example (and this is a regular occurence, especially in euro busy times):

I join a game, and play for 2 mins. During that time there are 8 or 9 players deliberately stacking teams, tking, blah blah. I go into spec and manage the situation as best I can, but utlimately I came on the server to play not to be a childminder. After a while, I get to a point where anyone else stacks the teams, i instantly kick them. If they come back and fail to autojoin, I give them a short, instant !tb.

I don't think that's excessive or overly harsh. It's keeping the server free of people who can't be bothered to play by the rules, and allows the game to carry on with minimal interruption, and minimal admin spam (whats the point in chucking out 15 warnings to different players that all say "Keep the teams balanced"? if one player has been warned, the others can see the warning. if they then choose to step over the line, let them face teh consequence).

Just my two cents...

/edit just to be clear, im not sticking up for those who overadmin or playing devils advocate, merely pointing out there are times when quick, decisive action is necessary, that seen out of context in echelon may look over eager.

• Since I got told not to overadmin I just write !teams all the time even its not too much stacking. It's not possible to play then because evrey 10 secs another player wants to play on opposite team & I think that a few others should know that sometimes there are of 10 players 9 AH or cheater & then it can happen that you overreact by the next stacker & kick him directly.
    I think every Mod / admin from superman just wants to keep that awesome server playable.

• I believe no one here is taking admin or mod privileges for they own personnal ego. We all love a clean and fair play, and if there are players who don´t respect the others and the server rules, we try to "educate" them to keep playing good and fairly.

I´m a 30 (power mod) cant force anyone to spec or lock, or even kick, i launch warning once, if i see the conduct of player hasn´t changed ill keep warning until he gets a kick.

Creeper has Totally right in one thing, The regulars of Superman have to deal with the rats When the server is over populated, and sometimes, it´s not just 1 player misbehaving, there are 3,4,5 at same time.

We just want to play and not to be the executioners

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux