FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• So... I have been playing on the "FSK405 UrbanTerror 4.1 Superman24/7[UAA]" server for about two years now (on and off). I love the map and love the game play. The server runs well and it's a lot of fun.

A couple weeks ago, I jumped out on FSK405 UrbanTerror 4.1Superman24/7[UAA] and started fraggin as usual. |S|Ghandi was on the server from his posts was obviously pissed off about his blue team loosing. He made a few comments to the effect that his team sucked. A couple people dropped off (probably tired of his bitching) and the teams became lopsided for a minute or two. |S|Ghandi posted "J E _ _ _ C H _ _ _ _!". Apparently because the teams became uneven.

One of the rules on the server is to not use offensive language. I realize that my opinion is subjective but I find blasphemy more offensive that most anything else. I called him on it and said "blasphemy is offensive so watch your language" He didn't like to be questioned about hist language so he kicked me. I reconnected shortly after and said "seriously? You kicked me for complaining about your offensive language which is against one of the often posted banner server rules?". He called me a dick and said "I'll be back, I'm gonna get someone to ban your ip address".

He did so and now I am unable to join the server that I've enjoyed for a long time now. Not many other Urt servers out there these days. Frankly I'm very frustrated that |S|Ghandi is given the privilege to ban my ip for what was a valid complaint. I understand that it's pretty much a "he said, she said" at this point but I don't know what else to do but post this complaint.

I would submit that |S|Ghandi is not mature enough for the apparent privileges he currently holds. I would like to have my ip address or my UID (whatever is used) removed from the ban list so that I can enjoy the server once again. Can I email someone my ip address to be re-instated?

Thanks,

"SpawnLuck"

• <----see my avatar !lol . I will have to second that on the use of JC or GD as offensive :| . at the same time, unfortunately, it generally isn't considered by most to be obscene language :( . maybe your ban was only a temporary 2 hr ban or sumtim.

• Thanks for the post... Yeah my point is the use of JC and GD are not obscene but offensive. The ban was unwarranted and has been in place for at least 3 weeks now. Sucks.

• i forgot to mention, ^^^^^^ above there is a sticky for all Superman server relate stuff such as this. and i am sure FSK will review your case, if they haven't all ready. these guys are good peeps, be patient.

• I'm another mod on there and, honestly, don't remember seeing you on there that much, if ever. Personally, I don't find either to be offensive. In fact, I find it a little questionable for you to be dictating what is or isn't offensive and should be or should not be included under that rule.

Having said that, this is the proper forum to bring such topics to light...not on the server where people are trying to have a good time. (After so many messages a complaint goes from being a complaint to blatant trolling/spamming which, I feel, necessitate a temp. mute.) I'm sure it's already 'being looked into'.

I'm not going to go into judging or commenting on what may or may not have been said or done by Ghandi. Rest assured, though, the moderating of that server is not taken lightly.

For me, offensive language isn't about what words are being used. It's if they're being directed at others in an offensive way. For instance, I could be offended deeply from someone who has said no 'taboo' words.

• Personally, I could give two shits about what he said, but I do think that if approached someone should be respectful of another and if they are an admin, they should set the example.

I wasn't there and won't take sides, however; if he did ban your IP, it isn't permanent and I'm sure Dank will address the situation.

Thanks Spawn Luck for being diplomatic.

• I usually let things go til it interferes with game play or someone complains. I hate it when a girl comes on and the 1st thing outta some mouths is "how 'bout a BJ?"
    Ghandi can get carried away with his mouth sometimes.
    Those two phrases are so old and commonplace it seems hard to be offended by them but I'm not all that religious. Maybe we should change the Jesus part to Allah? But then someone else would be offended.
    I think George Carlins' list is uttered in almost every game.

Oh...and SpawnLuck...I don't think I've seen you even once on Superman.

• Even us mods/admins have guidelines to follow regarding kicking or banning someone. I don't believe Ghandi has the ability to Perm ban you so it should only last a couple hours but the way this was handled is not acceptable. You should of been warned first and foremost before being kicked or banned. I'm sorry for your frustrations Spawnluck.

If your still unable to join the server please let us know.

• MrTinkerWinker... In my original post I did say "I realize that my opinion is subjective but I find blasphemy more offensive than most anything else." How cold I be "dictating" anything to anyone? If "offensive" language isn't defined under the rule, then it's left to individual interpretation, yes? By the same token, for you to say you aren't offended by blasphemy really means nothing because your opinion is just as subjective as mine. Ultimately, my complaint was about being banned (either by Ghandi or someone he persuaded) for a mild complaint about what I considered offensive language. As you said yourself, you consider the way the language is directed to others in an offensive way more that what is actually said. Well then this also applies as Ghandi was browbeating his team with his words and as a result they were also complaining and dropping off because they were tired of hearing it.

I signed my post as SpawnLuck because that's what I was playing under when this occurred. I have also played under the alias of -=Apex=-. Thanks for your comments, I just want to play Superman again.

• We play to have fun. This is the Internet. Fsk tries to keep a good server and the way to do that is with rules. But not all rules are adhered to strictly by all admins. How many times have you seen omg. omfg, stfu,wtf in a game? we all know what they mean but are not offended. It's the same as SAYING all the words but it's tolerated. UT radio almost sounds out the F word. Is anyone offended? Everyone seems to be a little too thin skinned on here lately. Rule no. 1 should be HAVE FUN. I don't think I have ever played in one game on TS and not heard all kinds of swearing. And know what? IT's FUNNY (usually). I'm not sure if Ghandi is level 20 or 40 but in any case can not ban by IP and can only tempban for a max of 3 hours. If Ghandi is berating his team tell him to STFU.

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux This topic is now closed