FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• Hi Wily,

I couldn't delete the pic I posted on the other thread because it's locked. Sorry! Let me know what and how I can fix it if it matters.

• Sheila - it's cool then, fokker done crushed that thread! Personally I'd still like the image our for consistency - which is up to the forum admins. Having consistency in a relatively fast-paced test release environment helps me, and you guys, a lot.

Boogie - you da man!!!

Ok coming up in Test7
    ------------------------

Visual updates:
    - WATEROMGWTFBBQ! I have come up with an improved water shader that will be difficult to improve upon. Really, wow. Of course don't think I won't try later. ;)
    - Hotel interior. No longer a copy of the executive room. Stairs are no longer stubby, and railings are round now. Stepping points on floor have been edged with trim.
    - Vis. Went through caulking holes and any remaining inconsistent structural geometry. Better fps will result.
    - Still tweaking doom tower lighting strip. It's better though.
    - Hotel driveway - rebuilt the eastern side from scratch. Definitely cleaner in detail. Not quite finished, need to add some additional touches - gameplay test this area as-is in T-7. Fokker - this is the area I'll be asking you about...
    - Water. Did I mention that? The underside is still slightly out of balance imo, will address tonight.
    - Several cracks fixed.
    - "Interesting" rendering issue at lower pond fixed.
    - Texture inconsistency at water brush intersections fixed.
    - Texture problems and z-fighting on doom fixed.
    - Military lobby elevator vis issue fixed.
    - Elevator crates now sexier.
    - Looked at sprucing up security room. Minor texture changes.
    - Lightmap density changes in some areas of the street which had questionable shadows from poles.
    - Lights at doom stairs overhead reduced in size/intensity.
    - Lights under hotel awning shaved down a bit for lower profile.
    - Curb/street texture alignment fixes.
    - General texture resolution quality improvements in several places.
    - Texture improvement of cement tiles on red and blue roofs.
    - Hunted for uncaulked culled brush faces, found a bunch. Caulked them, polycount reduced.

You asked for it, you got it:
    - Reduced the busstop launch at main/anderson slightly. Control of the launch is spot-on now.
    - Land in the doom fountain. Why would you swim in a corporate fountain pool anyway? Ew.
    - Water rolling down doom fountain is slippery. Wear a helmet.
    - Land on busstops. (side note - when landing on a busstop launch point I found it's good to hold jump, otherwise I usually lemming)
    - Arrow added to lower pond. Gameplay test the hell out of this. I've already done so a bit... in short I'll say the map just got bigger.
    - Added test launchpoint at NW intersection. The map just got smaller.
    - New minimap. Makes the previous look like a cartoon. Shouldn't have any complaints about reading the street names.
    - Clipped swinging hatch in elevator. Shouldn't get stuck there anymore.
    - Doom stone sign on ground has slight ladderclip if you -need- to get on it.

Anything else:
    - Bot support. (Actually been in sense T-5).
    - Surface sounds fixed where problems were identified.
    - Tweaked arrow from upper pond to chevelle, to satisfy the new lower pond arrow. Test this.
    - Areaportal brush fixed at parking garage.
    - Broken lightpole flypoint trigger size increased.
    - Vis mod on maintenance floor, should help improve fps calcs outside of the floor.
    - Moved CAH flag at Krat from inside middle to behind front entrance.

Remaining immediate issues, might be able to knock out a few of these tonight:
    - Bomb still doesn't blow stuff up at lower pond.
    - Park bench jump not fixed yet.
    - Upper hotel lobby has a stupid looking railing.
    - Looking at add soft spot to lower pond.
    - Parking lot needs parking lines!
    - Build site B still naked. Maybe it was A. Whichever one is SW. :D
    - Other build site behind hotel just dirty. Nothing going on.
    - Sounds. Like wind. Must replace/improve/add/address.
    - Lower pond has no valid entrance. Still looks the same as T-6.
    - Newspaper!

Foegitt-ahbawt-eiit:
    - Can blast or knife people in room on hotel roof. Accept it. Only in very particular circumstances might this be used, and it's still extremely risky for red to do so.
    - Vehicle clips are as good as they're going to get for now.
    - Spawns will remain static, no more changes.
    - Hotel upper lobby will remain unfurnished until I design whatever will be up there.

Get ready for the latest most awesome superman beta5 test release, coming to you tomorrow! Big changes, so hopefully we'll get to play a few intense games!

:V

• any hope to get the ladder clips put back on the street lights on the North side inbetween red and blue base?

sound like great additions, cant wait to test

• Wily,

Maybe it's because I was running around with my touchpad last night, but where is the arrow at lower pond? Anyone have a screenshot of it or something?

• Its in between the three buildings. In front of the tallest building, between the ponds. No screen shot at this time.

• No, I know that one...it's the NW intersection boost up to the helicopter. Wily mentioned another one at lower ponds that would make the map larger.

• No, I know that one...it's the NW intersection boost up to the helicopter. Wily mentioned another one at lower ponds that would make the map larger.

$heilaDivine

there's one between the construction markers in the street between ponds and construction.

• Might be a couple days til I can make any advancements on the tests. Please post your experiences with Test8!

btw I forgot to include this point in the distro email, but did include it in the readme (in the pk3). You can test the map locally against bots. There's a prepared .cfg file included in test8 called "bot.cfg". Here's an example of usage:

1a. Loading bombmode in dev mode (can use /noclip, etc):
    iourbanterror.exe -fs_game q3ut4 -g_gametype 8 -devmap ut4_superman_b5_test8
    1b. Make bots appear, using the console:
    /exec bot
    1c. All bots are on blue, you as well. When you're ready to play use autojoin or go red.

2a. FFA against some bots
    iourbanterror.exe -fs_game q3ut4 -g_gametype 0 -exec bot -devmap ut4_superman_b5_test8

Notes specifically for bombmode:
    The bots are not smart. They all start in the executive room. They think busting out of the windows or jumping down the elevator shaft is a good idea. Consider them movie-extras. The problem comes in when you're trying to blow a bomb up and the entire blue team already lemming'd. I fixed this up by bot-clipping the exec room windows and surrounded the roof in knee-high botclip. Not sure how else this affects bots. Bottom line, at least you have moving targets if you play stand-alone. Maybe they'd fair better as vanilla q3 bots. :)

I need to look the map over again, compare notes on Things To Do. I'm seeing a release candidate version on the horizon.

Zellis - yes I can add those in.

• Update For ya wily

1 - "Post Public" - looks great when blowing up. As of now it blows up with one nade, and doesnt blow up when the bomb goes off. If you intend on having it blow up with nades you may want to have it take a few naeds to complete the job.

• Yea that's sorta a drawback for now.... til I figure out this bombable thing.

Just went through my to-do list. Most issues have been addressed! Only a couple remain. I'll go through my list later, which is even longer, and find out what issues still need to be fixed.

--------------------------------------------

key:
    x = scratch this
    o = ok, fixed, good
    adapted = finagled this in somehow
    open = not done
    beta6 = get back to this later after beta 5

================================================
    Status Item
    ------ ------
    Map:
    x 1a. Can't do environmentals like weather or time of day changes. At least not for this release. I've put a lot of thought into this and it's simply not practical at this time.
    x 1b. On rare occasion, hitting an arrow will boost you only like 50 feet in the air. This is apparently some engine timing issue. Can't fix.
    x 1c. Will look into "getting stuck in doors" issues. Might be able to hack something better up.
    o 1d. Will verify clips on all vehicles.
    x 1e. Stereos for camping with the flag - maybe in a future version. Can't do mp3's, only mono channel wav's.
    adapted 1f. Not changing the size of the truck or any landing point.
    open 1g. Skybox is set to be improved. Loading screen as well.
    o 1h. Look into adding more locations.
    pond 1i. Additional soft landings as mentioned... tbd.
    x 1l. Nighttime and other superman mods would be cool but not happening anytime soon.
    adapted 1m. Game physics induce unexpected lemmings when landing on soft spots. Probably due to player Z-axis speed and collision prediction based on server frames. Or not.
    x 1n. No moving choppers like sands. UrT doesn't support that ability in urt4.
    x 1o. Look into making arrows more vertically visible.

Pond Publishing:
    o 2a. Hole in the map to be fixed, without a doubt.
    o 2b. Can not get off top of pond publishing when health is very low.
    o 2c. Move helicopter a bit so sliding to construction works correctly.
    o 2d. Look into helicopter clipping, fix if necessary.
    beta6 2e. The wall of immortality.
    o 2f. Nodrop clip lower building roofs.
    o 2g. Look into lower flypoint positioning.

Park:
    beta6 3a. Park may be given extra cover with more trees. Not likely for this release.
    o 3b. Fix surface clipping issue in river by sewer.
    x 3c. Won't add an arrow in the park to anywhere this version.

Military building (Red spawn):
    o 4a. Flag has been lost by getting inside the arches for some reason, this will be fixed.
    verify 4b. For B, heh. Yes, arches to the highway will be looked into. Note, the arches themselves are a physics hack, so this is not quite an exact science.

Garage:
    o 5a. Arrow precision to the parking garage. I agree, this will be looked into. Note that the behavior of the arrows is such that jumping into them on an angle can alter your skyward path.
    verify 5b. Way to get to garage roof from below. Consideration taken. Note this is core gameplay affecting, under rule 1.
    o 5c. Fix box truck clipping.
    x 5d. Jump from garage to the river - being looked at, might reposition.
    o 5e. Will consider removing hidden arrow, since the garage has been clipped.

Hotel (Blue spawn):
    o 6a: Can't heal under roof room. Will fix.
    o 6b. Jump from hotel fall to highway. Will fix.
    o 6c. Look into alley jump issue.
    x 6d. Second elevator not getting a cushion this round.
    open 6e. New newspaper!
    o 6f. Jump from hotel to executive floor. Will look into adjustments.
    o 6g. Look into arrow to the roof at main st.

Impending Doom Insurance:
    o 7a. Bring back (add) pools in front. Will consider doing this for preventing lemmings on the hard jump above. Note this is gameplay affecting, under rule 2.
    o 7b. Nodrop clip the ledges.

Construction site:
    o 8a. Fix fences, i.e. those invisible walls you can climb.

Highway:
    o 9a. Breaking leg issue on from hotel to highway to be addressed.

Build site A:
    beta6 10a. Consider adding objects to diversify area, bring in slight offbeat gameplay.

==================================

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux