FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• -= FSK405 Sunday Night Scrim =-
    May 09 2010 8:00est
    Scrim Settings: (Settings per FSK405 Member Discussions) - FSK405 members have the right to ask minors to sit out. - Rosters locked once teams are selected. - Server Password is changed. - FSK405 members are allowed to Spectate if teams are even and a match is in progress. - Balanced Teams Required unless the captains choose otherwise. If there are an uneven number of available players the facilitator will ask for a volunteer to Substitute. If no player volunteers, the captains will select a player. Substitutes will be logged to insure no one is a consistent SUB. - SUB's can be a valued asset to a team being the eyes, ears, and voice of the team dont view it as a punishment. - All above settings can be modified per captains approval. Round 1: ut4_subway Facilitator: DankRider SUB: Momma & Bong Came in late and were allowed to spec Captains: (Blue) Little -Vs- (Red) Zimzallabing Score: Blue = 00 / Red = 01 Overview:. Round one was action packed in your face battle in the subway. Subway was won using the typical tactic of taking advantage of your opponents misfortune. Although Blue was able to snatch the flag a couple times, the attempts failed as the enemy flanked intercepting the flag. The Fudaddy Keeper combo proved to be too much in the end as Red capped the flag in overtime for the one cap win. Round 2: ut4_turnpike Facilitator: DankRider SUB: Nasty - Was able to join 2 minutes in as toothfairy went 999 Captains: (Blue) -Earl Vs- (Red) Fudaddy Score: Blue = 12 / Red = 06 Overview:. Full server on turnpike equals a heart racing power packed round. Although im typically not a big fan of turnpike this was an overall great round. Teams were neck and neck for the first 10 minutes or so, then blue turned up the heat and started to own. Sadly once Red started to get rolled it was over. Round 3: ut4_aeropuerto_b1 Facilitator: Fudaddy SUB: Captains: (Blue) Yeti -Vs- (Red) Squrl Score: Blue = 06 / Red = 00 Overview:. Tried out a new map that left us all wondering is the map balanced or were team skill off. Team's gunning and running skill's appeared to be even on paper and the map seemed some what symmetrical, but yet Blue dominated. Looking at the scores Red was clearly outgunned. In retrospect I wonder if XP being wasted projecting his usual drunk'n banter played into the Red disorientation. Although in the end Blue had their way with Red i think this map is worth another shot. I just dont think Red was fully focused. ~~~~~Post Your Battle Rant Here~~~~~

1273460424 791 FT0 Fsk Scrim May 09 2010
    .:Substitute Log:. Players that have volunteered to Substitute to insure balanced teams. Player Name - Date - Round - map DankRider 03-14-2010 Round1 ut4_kingdom Whitedog 03-14-2010 Round2 ut4_ftdicks --> Whitedog didnt have to SUB for captain Bah lost power and was unable to play. Trancer 03-14-2010 Round3 ut4_paradise LuvDaMama 03-21-10 Round2 ut_EnCounter kickbutts 03-28-2010 Round3 ut4_asylum Buzzkill 04-04-2010 Round1 ut4_toxic --> joined after teams were locked and choose to spec. Talen 04-18-2010 Round2 ut4_asylum_b1 --> Joined a few minutes in as Keeper was available to even teams. B-Ver 04-25-2010 Round1 ut4_specialK --> Subbed the full round. NASTY 04-09-2010 Round2 Trunpike --> Subbed for 2 minutes.

• Excellent and accurate analysis as usual! Thanks Dank for you time and effort!

• Subway was a given, more than 6v6 and it is simply the waiting game. Turnpike began interestingly, but when we did not slam Red, I figured it was time to remind people why the map sucks for Red, so it was spawmpin time! Red tried to smoke it up to stop it, but I know goggles now, Earl was merciless, and the Mighty Murkins covered the Red team with it's sweaty pub toupee!!!

Sorry I did not stay for the final round; figured KB was a suitable replacement and made even teams. Forgot how badly XP plays now.. lol.. (BFBC2 has ruined me... I am even trying to figure a way to come up with $20 a month to lease a BFBC2 server; will be rough since they do not want my blood..)

• Subway was a given, more than 6v6 and it is simply the waiting game. Turnpike began interestingly, but when we did not slam Red, I figured it was time to remind people why the map sucks for Red, so it was spawmpin time! Red tried to smoke it up to stop it, but I know goggles now, Earl was merciless, and the Mighty Murkins covered the Red team with it's sweaty pub toupee!!!

nikki-'Tiva*

you hit the nail on the head. You did a mighty fine job of spawn camping. Though i knew you had goggles I was tossing smoke in hopes it would denture the rest of your team from spawn camp as well. This all failed, as you held the pillars and earl held the sign. From there it was all over for red.

• Yeah, it is a wicked rude tactic. I would love to see some mods to that map to balance it in that respect.

For Subway, I stick to my idea of moving those flags forward of the turnstiles. Placement might still be tricky, but with some variations and Scrim testing, i think the map could be made a great one for anything from 5v5 to 12v12 even.

• Hmmmmm...put the flags on the platform at the top of the stairs? I think that is a great idea! That would give you basically four ways to access the flag to grab, and then four ways to run with it. It would be very interesting to test and scrim...what do we have to do to make that happen??????

• I was thinking somewhere on that section of platform, yes. If you consider it long enough, it becomes very clear that placement on that section of platform could be crucial; slide it a little too far forward.. a little too much toward the service route... a little too close to the control rooms.. and then consider both sides are not the same.

Move that flag forward on one axis only, and plop it down just in front of the turnstiles I think. Map becomes very playable, and cap numbers should go up, thus making a stand-off tie less likely; if it does occur, breaking the tie should be less arduous and pretty quick.

Next? Fix Toxic!!!
    Wish I knew mapping better, and had permission.. several maps I would fix. Was watching a show the other day, and this guy is on a cell phone in an office, and it was interesting architecturally, and the first thing that hit me was... "That would be an awesome center field for an UrT map... lol..

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux