FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• -= FSK405 Sunday Night Scrim =- 2011-06-05 June 5th, 2010 8:00est
    -= FSK405 Sunday Night Scrim =-
    June 05th, 2011 8:00est
    Scrim Settings: (Settings per FSK405 Member Discussions) - FSK405 members have the right to ask minors to sit out. - Once players have been moved to the "Staging-LOCKED-" channel the eligible players are locked in. If teams are uneven FSK405 members have fist dibs. - Server Password is changed. - FSK405 members are allowed to Spectate if teams are even and a match is in progress. - Balanced Teams Required unless the captains choose otherwise. If there are an uneven number of available players the facilitator will ask for a volunteer to Substitute. If no player volunteers, the captains will select a player. Substitutes will be logged to insure no one is a consistent SUB. - SUB's can be a valued asset to a team being the eyes, ears, and voice of the team dont view it as a punishment. - All above settings can be modified per captains approval. Rule Addition After each round players will be individually asked if they are willing to commit to the next round. A commitment requiring a player to notify a captain or facilitator if going AFK, along with being available for, 1hour & 10Minutes. This requires participants stay in team speak after a round ends until roll call is completed. Battle Rant By: Suck It! Round 1: Mastermind Facilitator: DankRider SUB: Red Captain: Fudaddy Blue Captain: Wifey Red = 05 Blue = 04 Overview:. Round 2: Terrorism3 Facilitator: Fudaddy SUB: Red Captain: Frog Blue Captain: Whitedog Red = 26 Blue = 02 Overview:. Round 3: ut4_kingsgambit_a6b Facilitator: Fudaddy SUB: Red Captain: Xyster Blue Captain: DankRider Red = 09 Blue = 04 Overview:. ~~~~~Post Your Battle Rant Here~~~~~

1307327753 791 FT0 Ut Mastermind Fix Ctf105 2

• Which way do i go , which way do i go..... Im so confused ut4_kingsgambit_a6b. I did spec kitty while she was warming up.. she has a prettty sweet jump routine from flag to flag.

• Man, I wish I had been there. Looks like the team count was spot on for a good set of games. It was perfect weather for "Fixing the truck, spraying for weeds, mowing the lawn, etc." I just couldn't get to my desk before 11pm. gah!

• Mastermind was a good solid match, the best of the night. This round could have gone either way. Knowing Frog would place himself in the middle sniping I had fun tossing smoke and wearing goggles. Yes Goggles and Smoke for the DankRider. - Although Frog amended his strat putting his Goggle wearing bitch in the middle "XP", I started to flank the sides making good use of the smoke. Fun Times

Terrorism 3 - Ouch, Aside from XP feeling the need for mercy as Wifey was on the other team, we started and finished the round on a spawn camping rampage.

kingsgambit_a6b - Although this map is confusing at first I think it will become a goto map for our Sunday scrims once folks figure out how to navigate it better.

Overall a good Sunday scrim. If not for some server issues we would have been done with all 3 rounds in 2 hours.

• Thanks for the shout out Dank!

I enjoyed the first round especially - since we had really good communication! and some sick caps...and if there was 2 more seconds on the clock we would have tied it up.

• I think that second round was the only time I nearly rage quit. It seems as though those rounds are a waste of time and happen all to often do to the unbalanced team skills. I blame myself for not stepping up but could be moderated by the facilitator.

• I hear what you are saying but if I am a captain I will pick the best player available, period.

It is not the responsibility of the facilitators to make teams skill level even. In fact, on many occasions I have looked at teams on paper and have said..."this is going to be a slaughter" and find out that a good strat and teamwork can make-up for not having the better guns.

Point being, if you do not like being picked, then be the person picking.

• Having facilitated (more like arbitration at times? ;) ), I have had captains who will pick teams that seem quite unbalanced, only to have the underdog team win... humorously so a few times even. We have also received harsh words from captains who felt a facilitator is doubting their choices.

Only real suggestion I would offer is for a new... option: Concede after at least 10 minutes of play, and the score provides an obvious and clear picture of severe imbalance. This would need to have team involvement, not simply a "soft rage quit" option for captains. Further, I would also submit that captains volunteer, and THEN we role-call; this would allow any players who would rather not play under those captains to bow out for a round, and thus either move to the Holding Room, or opt out for all remaining rounds.

• King's Gambit:
    Anyone who wants insight, "insider notes," design thoughts, tactics, etc... please just ask me. While capable of providing very fast caps ala Terrorism3 (for instance), well integrated teamwork, awareness, coordination, and communication can provide a more intense and tactically challenging experience. IMO.

Was nice to see that goggles helped, but did not seem to provide a significant advantage. Would really be sad for players to simply opt for NVG simply due to an overwhelming feeling of exposed blindness. My intent is to provide a more immersive, yet demanding, experience, for as few as even 3v3, yet stands up to a crowded 12v12 (or more).

Thanks for playing it!!!

• Kings Gambit,

Community Note:
    Speaking for B-ver: One of the reasons she took on the challenge of map making was to create maps that would support our volume of Sunday players. Kings Gambit is one such map having the ability to support up to 24+ players.

Map Notes:
    Kings Gambit is a living beast still in beta form. B-Ver cant truly assess the maps performance until folks know how to navigate it. This unique map allows client to choose spawn paths. The ability to choose where you spawn may add to some confusion but each spawn was calculated allowing for solid team structure.

Suggestion:
    Lets give this map another shot next Sunday, spectate B-ver for 5 minutes as she shows us some navigation techniques. Frog may also be a good teacher for many of the maps features were his suggestions.

Bottom Line:
    Kings Gambit can be overwhelming at first glance but with the brief overview I think it will be a goto map for our Sunday scrims.

Thanks For the mapping effort B-Ver

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux This topic is now closed