FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• Sup B!

So... tell us how your game type is coming alone. from the short demo you gave a select few of us it was pretty cool. tell us how it is going. !Status
    I challenge you to a duel!

• If you haven't heard of b3, check it out or play on a server that runs it. I think the ALPHA servers are running it, and definitely sE clan is running it. There's a post on the UrT forums introducing it in the Server Admin section, I recall.

In short, b3 runs on the game server, reading the server log in real time, and then reacts to what is happening on the server. There are individual pieces that do things like detect swearing, name stealing, TKing, and other issues that have been difficult to admin since forever. The bot detects situations and then has a programmed response with the full power of rcon. Server admins can tell the bot to execute rcon commands without using a password, because the bot tracks players and privileges. You can grant partial privileges to players also.

Once I got it set up on my server, I played around with it, and figured I could easily run a good server with it. But since I'm also a programmer, I also saw what else you could do with this tool. So I thought about what the bot could do and came up with a plan: dueling.

The idea is that players are hanging out on the server and chatting and having a fine time. Eventually one player challenges another player to a duel. The other player can accept or decline. They select the weapons and the map for their duel, and the bot makes all the arrangements, including cycling the map to the one they want.

Then they duel, which for now is one on one team survivor, first to three frags.

The server tracks all the duelists and their wins, and as a player racks up more wins, they gain title and access to more UrT weapons and maps for dueling. All of this is already written and it kind of works...but there are bugs and some parts that are missing.

I have been out of town and couldn't work on it for a little while, but I am back now and plan to work out the kinks in the next week or two. I will need beta testers and I would very much appreciate anyone's thoughts or comments about the idea. If you have a burning desire to try it out before it is 'finished', let me know and I'll set the server up for you to give it a go. Thanks especially to Zellis for taking an interest.

• are you able to make a challenge in game and then it automatically discos you and reconnects to the new challenge server? or is just a game mode on the server and anybody not dueling simply specs and talks smack on ts? either way sounds pretty fun. i'd be happy to help if you need testers and don't mind that i'm not tagged fsk.

• Hello billybeer,

My original idea was for this to be an added minigame to CTF, where people who were arguing or were rivals could go off separately and settle a score, as you seem to be suggesting above. This is not possible to implement (AFAIK) just using rcon, which is all this bot has the power to do.

It is more like your second version, where everyone hangs out and talks smack while individual duels take place. Each duel only takes a couple minutes including the map cycling, so I think that everyone will be able to get a chance pretty often.

•  

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux