FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• This is a subject that seems to come up every now and again. I agree that there are names out there that push the limits. I don't find flat out racial names offensive, however; there has been players that have used a name like that since day one "FirstSmartNegro" comes to mind.

Sure the dudes name could be offensive, but if you played with the dude, he never commented or degraded that race other than the name itself.

Does that make it less offensive to some? Probably not. Does that make it okay for others? No.

There are other names such as "aBigRubberCock" that have been used since day one. I think BRC's name is hilarious myself, but I could see how others wouldn't. Will I ask him to change it? No way. He is one of the most solid people in this game.

Myself, I have pretty thick skin and have a degree in journalism, so I problably let a lot more slide than others would. Perhaps that is the free speech feelings I have. However; when someone goes acrossed the line while I am on the server, I will take care of the business that I feel responsible for, and am obligated as a server admin to take care of.

While in the case mentioned in this post; I don't necessarily see what Momo did as being that big of a deal. I would agree that he still could have changed his name to something else if it truely did bother others on the server. With that said, I personally wouldn't have asked him to change it or made him change it, but if there were multiple people on the server that had a problem with it, I would pressure him to do so.

I understand there are those out there that are out of the scope of my post and are outright offensive, and there isn't a place for them on our servers while I am there. However, there are at times when you can't make all 18 players on the server happy. If that was the case mentioned in this post, I apologize on behalf of my clan. Please don't let that discourage you or anyone else from playing on our servers. By "you" I mean anyone that is reading this post.

GGs

Earl

• As long as you guys don't talk about gooks, chinks, dog eaters, rice paddies, slants, slits, slopes, slope heads, squints, ching chongs, docta jones, yellow monkeys or wall biters, I'm cool with ya!

• Most of us will no longer put up with a person using the racial slur "nigger". Most of us don't like it and it is wrong in this day and age.

When someone says that "they have your Mother's vulva on their lips" - it's time for a "kick", or in my book, a "BAN" from any server.

"Cracker" on the other hand is a "Redneck" and we in the south should be honored that the Yankees remember it.... I am a Florida Cracker and a Redneck to boot!! (And proud of it) :-)

There are only a few bad apples on our beloved Chicago Superman Server that cause problems (DIEPIGS and our new problem child, Katie).

It is part of the game, fun and battle to harass your opponent and make funny and challenging "threats" that we all can enjoy. But our Chicago Superman Server is not a place to be racist, mean or totally obnoxious. And, it is not a CHAT room.

It is a fun place - but, we play to win - and have fun doing so.

We "Superman Players" do not want to lose this server because DankRider gets fed
    up with all the complaints.

DankRider has "appointed" some of us regular players (that he trusts to be honest and fair) as "REFS" to try and keep the peace when problems arise. Please honor his commitment to keep this Superman Server running so us that love this one level can continue to play.

• Well said Viper. Well said indeed.

• Man I love playing Superman. I have a full sized poster of Wilyduck which I pray to and pay homage each and every morning when I wake up.
    -=-=-=-=-
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For medieval usage see homage (medieval) and commendation ceremony, or Homage (disambiguation)

Homage (from the French: Hommage) is generally used in modern English to mean any public show of respect to someone to whom one feels indebted. In this sense, a reference within a creative work to someone who greatly influenced the artist would be a homage. It is typically used to denote a reference in a work of art or literature to another, at least somewhat widely known, work. In literature and film, an homage is similar to an allusion, except that whereas an allusion merely refers to another work, an homage typically repeats a recognizable scene or stylistic element from the other work. Homage is also similar to parody, except that parodies typically exaggerate characteristics of previous works for comedic effect.
    -=-=-=-=-

ALL HAIL WILY... and DANK!!!

• FSK405 Earl
    Myself, I have pretty thick skin and have a degree in journalism

HARTMAN (Lee Ermey)
    Forty-two-twelve, Basic Military Journalism.
    You gotta be shitting me, Joker! You think
    you're Mickey Spillane? Do you think you're
    some kind of fucking writer?

JOKER
    Sir, I wrote for my high school newspaper, sir!

HARTMAN
    Jesus H. Christ, you're not a writer, you're a killer!

JOKER
    A killer, yes, sir!

• Well...as if their asses are not parboiled enough from all the kissing, I would like to say thx as well. And I would like to add that NO ONE fills out a blue skin quite the way that Dank does. I'm not gay or anything, but that's a PERFECT ass! Thx Dank.

I also agree with Earl about the racial slurs but I think you need one rule. You can't say that if most of the people who are playing on a server are not offended then it's O.K. . It makes it easier to enforce rules if there is only one for each need. We don't always have time to take a vote. Thx to Howard Stern, Chris Rock, et al we have learned that Black people sometimes call each other niggahs. I think you have to take what is infered by the usage. In that case it means friend or brother. I call the women at work that I take coffee break with "my bitches". Not one is offended. They know it's because i like them that i can joke that way.

• Boogie Knight needs a new hairdo.

• All of you are my bitches...

• Mine too! Hey sis-ter! Can I have them back now? You can have them again on Sunday....

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux