FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• Dank, feel free to delete this post if you want, but if it is ok with you I would like to say my piece on blackster posted about me.

When I joined the server, Glad had been having trouble with Damnton and Blackster both giving him s**t. I witnessed some of this, and noticed that it was getting to a stupid point of argument, and asked them to just leave it be and not get kicked. I removed a couple of warnings from Blackster as well.

However, they continued to provoke us both, and he earned another warning. By this point my patience was wearing thin with both of them. Blackster, while he states was asking me questions about the server, was actually continually asking me where I lived. I told him I wasnt going to tell him and to stop asking, and he continued. I merely warned him for rule6, as he had been continually ignoring me and trying to rile me.

Maybe he succeeded, but I will stand by giving him a warning for breaking that rule, and I think a 2 hour tempban was deserved.

I know I can be quite intolerant of asshats, and if any senior admin told me to change the way I ref I would of course take action.

• I am glad you don't run away and take the time to say something dad. This is how respect gets earned.
    Let me reply to some of your quotes...

and noticed that it was getting to a stupid point
    This was by your judge, and you could still mute us. In stead you chose to act big and began to provoke me and Damnton.

However, they continued to provoke us both
    Again, this is very relative. You felt provoked, because I stated to you that you shouldn't act so aggressive towards me and Damnton, because you didn't know what the discussion was about.
    Then you clearly felt like I had stepped on your tones, by merely telling you in a normal way, not to get so aggressive. It's not even a provoking statement, it was just to calm you down. You came rushing in on the server, picking in on the situation, and you started talking big. And telling me in a very arrogant way to shut up and have respect. Then I declared what I thought of respect, and because it did not stroke with your idea's you started picking on everything I said. Even the smallest text I typed, witch was not about you, you replied with you rule nr... (respect admins.)
    EVEN NOW YOU COULD HAVE JUST MUTED ME

while he states was asking me questions about the server, was actually continually asking me where I lived. I told him I wasnt going to tell him and to stop asking, and he continued.
    You see, the point is "dad" SPAMMED the console with "you need to have respect" bashing on about it, I couldn't make out anything that appeared on the screen. AGAIN you could have just told me CALMLY
    Not by spamming the console! Even now you could have just muted me, and reply on a mature way.

QUOTE !!!!!!! I know I can be quite intolerant of asshats

You see "dad", here is where you need to learn your place as a ref. It's not because you're in a bad mood, you gan go and play around banning every one. Neither is big talk going to solve anything.
    5 things you could have done as a good ref:

1. is to CALMLY answer me
    2. is to let me talk to the other players without bashing on everything I say. You see, not everything is about you!!
    3. you could have muted me in stead of banning
    4. you shouldn't be spamming the console with your rule number 6, I already confirmed that I respected your request
    5. while bashing me about nothing, ppl where TKing, and you should have focussed on that in stead of being so aggressive towards me.

You just proved that you bann for no decent reason. "Because you feel irritated." That is very immature. And if I irritated you, you could have easily muted me.

An apology would still be well placed you know...

• Stinks like sex in this thread.

• No one's perfect but Dad has been a good ref. If you went on and on and on during game play like you have here then I don't blame him. You joined November 20th and reponded to posts that have been dead for months. I think you talk too much in general and that's probably what got you in trouble. The mute function does not work. I guess I would have kicked you first and let you come back on. If you were still spewing then I would have banned you too. If you see an old friend and want to chit chat then join mirc and start your own channel. Then you can kick dad when he joins (but I doubt that he will)

• AFAIK, there's no 'defense' needed, Dad. Damnton is already on the asshat list, so no surprise there vis-a-vis his attitude. This 'Blackster' character, while today is the first time I've seen him, seems to be along the same disrepectful asshat lineage. Neither one seems to care about disrupting the game that everyone is trying to enjoy, and both take exception to being gently (or otherwise) warned to stop. To wit: After Blackster was disrespectful to me (about the 9th time in a row) and I did a !warn rule6, he basically theratened to come in here and do what he's doing now- use his writing skills to have Dad and I banned as refs. The guy has zero credibility, and even less scruples. I'd vote to temp-ban him for a day on general principles for lying to get refs in trouble. We can probably expect him and/or damnton to try to get Dad or I in trouble with the sysadmin in the future. I just feel it in my bones. One thing, boys- the logs don't lie.

• Hmm,,,,,,, Most issues like this start with one player mouthing off. Im going to have to make sure the Mute player function works for a Mod.. Really this is a bunch of crap.. thing like this make me want to mute all players.

come on folks its a game. and being a MOD/Admin is a power thats available to help maintain the integrity of the server not for personal use.

unless a player is being malicious to the server or hacking -- please use the ban and kick function as a last resort.

WHY? cuz i have to deal with the aftermath. Grow up,..

PS> im about to start from scratch and make all the admins sign a consent form stating they will not use the admin function for personal use. - and will take all other precaution before kicking a player. unless they are hacking or being malicious to the server.

• There was nothing personal in my actions, they did not benefit me personally in any way other than stop an argument in the server that ended up spreading into the forums to muddy my name anyway!

Bkackster, Dank, yes, I agree, !mute would have been more appropriate. If I had the choice that's what I would have used. But as it is the only tools level 20 refs have against this kind of problem is !spam and !warn.

In this case it was certainly not a case of banning straight away. I gave several chances to just get on with the game, and they werent taken. Thus I used the only tool at my disposal.

I hoped that it would be recognised that blacksters posts were trumped up but it seems not. It saddens me to think that Dank has been brought in over some asshats mouthing off to admins and getting a 2 hour tempban for it, even more so that it is taken so seriously.

Thanks Boogie and Glad for your posts, they are appreciated. As I said before, if any senior admin wants to discuss my actions, whether specific to this incident or in general, I would welcome it. FSK405 Superman is without a doubt the most fun server around, and it is a privilege to be a ref on it. I want to do the best job possible. Any of the admins should feel free to ask for my contact details if they dont already have them.

• I've had a good chat with Damnton yesterday, and it seems that Gladiator was making us all abit too angry. I now also understand why gladiator kept bashing, and got us all fired up.

I havent the time to read all the replies, but I will soon, and post my comment. So I can defend myself.

One thing I would like to say, "dad". And that is that is is not sad that Dankrider got involved for this. Because it is a consistent problem on your server that ppl are banned way too soon. I admid that hackers must be banned immediately, but bann some one for a mere discussion is weak. I also apologise because I was unaware that you couldn't mute me. BUT you still just could have kicked me once, and then bann me.
    If you would have taken a less aggressive action against me, this whole thread wouldn't even exist.

Again Dankrider, sorry for the trouble, but this had to be brought to daylight.
    Also "dad" I did some research, and it indeed appears to be true that in most cases you are a good ref. STILL yesterday your actions where too drastic, and provocative. But thanks for the effort to stand a case and explain in the end.

• Blackster, the first things I was saying when I joined yesterday were trying to just diffuse the situation.

As I have stated, ultimately, given my choice, I would have muted you. Unfortunately I dont have those options available to me. I won't post here, you can read elsewhere on the forums what "powers" i have - I am level 20, for reference.

I can understand you being a bit pissed off for being banned, but you werent outright banned. It was a 2 hour tempban, and that isnt set by me. So Im sorry if you thought it was overreacting, but I was merely using what tools I had.

You think the punishment was too harsh, but that is clearly not my fault as explained above. I made efforts to warn you without using the !warn command, but you continued to aggravate us.

You deliberately tried to provoke two admins, repeatedly. Neither me nor gladi8r were going to let that lie and do nothing were we?

• To Dank- post noted, but it also needs to be noted that there is an EXTREME amount of asshattery and disrespect here in the daytime on the server- It's a zoo. And part of the problem is the players who have been !warned before, such as Damnton (who is pissed about being on 'the list' as a known asshat), bring guys like Blackster in here to cause problems with the refs. This guy, after being asked NICELY to chill (and not coming into spec when i asked him to so I didnt have to 'dress him down' in front of everyone and embarrass him) kept being extremely disrespectful. They are obviously trying to start a problem. I don't have time for this, you don't have time for this. The asshats seem to have time for this, so maybe we should let them spend their time elsewhere, in order to save the server the trouble and bandwidth. Dad and I are adults- I have a feeling the shit disturbers here are not. You can trust us, along with most of the other B3 admins, to make good decisions in the best interest of the server. One thing I do know- neither myself or Dad (that I have seen) have done ANYTHING wrong. NOTHING. If anything, I am too nice. For instance, if a player I've never seen before throws teams off, I ASK politely, saying 'Please', for them to change teams. Same thing with most other server disruptions- never a warn first- it's always a last resort- Unless they have done the same thing repeatedly, or are on the list- then it gets dealt with swiftly. When you have time, come in incognito in the US daytime sometime- it's often a zoo- a terrible waste of the server's expensive bandwidth by asshats who aren't contributing anything positive, and are only ruining the game for decent players. If you ever think I'm not a decent Mod, I suggest you ask any regular player, especially other Mods or Refs, and, no disrespect intended, you should get to know me better. There's not one ounce of Ego or Power trip in my rap- just 100% looking out for the server, and I know you appreciate it.

To Blackster- The logs don't lie, Blackster. You're immature, disrespectful and if anything, we waited WAY too long to deal with it. I know I did. Which is why Dad eventually felt like he had to do something- he came in after my pleas to you two escalated- I should have booted you the first time you told me to "fuck off" or whatever it was exactly that you said. Won't tolerate it- sets a bad example for everyone else as to what will be tolerated. You want to play and have a good time? As I clearly stated, that's why the server is here- to play and enjoy. So do that. Without pushing people out of windows, without jerking around with Damnton trying to get Refs in trouble with the Sysadmin- beacause I know thats what your aim is, and Dad knows thats what your aim is, and when Dank has time to read the logs (which he shouldnt have to, and THAT ALONE is enough to add you to the asshat list, IMHO) he will see that if anything we've put up with WAY too much stuff from guys like you, all day long. There was a ref on 2 days ago, and I made a joke about him letting everything slide, from TK's to teams off by 4 or 5, and he said "I give up- can't keep up with it". You know what? This server has been my favorite game server for more than 5 years- I support it personally and financially. I'm not about to let a few bad apples spoil the fun for everyone. Guys like you come and go, and don't contribute anything but negativity and stress for decent players who are just trying to find a good server to play on.

To Dad- This guy seems to have struck a chord with Dank, however small, because he writes fairly well. However, you and I were there, know the background, and what was done and how it was done, and know we're in the right. This guy is simply trying very hard to stir up shit, and even if it seems like he is succeeeding, even in a small way, don't let it affect how you do your Ref'ing, cause you're a fair ref. And I know I'm a fair ref, and I know neither one of us deals with these guys because it's enjoyable or for personal reasons. These guys are names on a screen, not regulars who support the server and come to have a good time. Probably aliased players who had previously been dealt with and have an axe to grind. They come to stir up shit like this. It's a fucking shame, pardon my French, but I'm good and pissed about it. Assholes need to find a nice Belgian server to fuck up instead.

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux This topic is now closed