FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• Hi guys,

I am happy to tell you the 0.8 is done. i won't change anything more until beta1. . Download: http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/7/27/1301572/q3ut4/ut4_island_v0_8.pk3

Ss

- Alpha 0.8:
    - repack with new naming convention
    - All the paths to textures/sounds of my own are named map specific to avoid conflict with an older version of the map
    - Capture And Hold mode support
    - Levelshot redown old looking photo style.
    - minimap done by screenshot. minimap returned to normal size with a 4096 blocksize compile. Less vis blocker efficiancy but not so much.
    - Hint brushes / optimization / wall structural changed: the best release about FPS on this big map. Really big improvment.
    - Bomb mode support
    - underground change
    - Modify fast access on red side to make it go on the wall like blue side
    - tree clip adjusted
    - Trigger locations underground redone
    - Break Roof on small red island fallen near water as been removed due to lack of vis block.
    Will be back in beta1 if vis blocker work on it.
    - new boat new Big ship to ease access back to main island
    - terrain redone near red catapult (above the red tunnel)
    - Teleport room 2ln underground move a bit to let a wall structural take the place.
    - Add a pendulum cage in underground. Will hold a prisonner or a dead body soon.
    - room catapult doorsa have been changed to func_door instaed of func_rotating_door for better control and not locking<
    the player.
    - No more door in no team mode for the catapult

Next steps: beta1
    - Junction between sky and water
    - 2 more tunnel for easy acces to underground
    - maybe more boats
    - maybe 2 tunnels from underground to sea on the 2 sides of the main island
    - I have a strange idea about a meseum of UT deep inside the island... will see
    - i must now work on the look of the map, making more details, arts etc....

sg

• LET'S DO IT!!

Prod 370 21650

• so far i see 3 errors after playing on my servers with ppls.
    - Missing texture/or caulk side on one small place on the mid wall blue side.
    - 1 of the antigrav tower have glass we can go thrue. Strange, it does not happen before vis pass compilation but after. I will put addional brushes with weapon clip here to resolve this definitly. It is already waepon clip but on 1 side of the brushes, the other side is the glass shader. It work for the other tower....
    - Red tunnel... dammit a caulk in 1 place when you are in and look up.

This is not major errors and after all it is the last alpha . Last chance to see that :-)

Let me know if you found something or have suggestions.

ppls told me FPS are really better.. cool

and it works well on the server when changing map too (the previous version did not)

and for fokker: i tried FTL mode it seems to be ok.

cu guys

• nice work !!!

• Yippi – Now that 4.1 is out we were able to get Island_8 running on the server with auto download no less. But since we have been able to test the map we have noticed a couple glitch’s.

1 – Random phantom deaths. Players will randomly die without being killed. I look in the console ant it appears nothing occurred just a random death. This happens all the time and should be easy to reproduce, it will just take some time before it happens to you.

2 – A couple times while people are loading on the server they will load with their player slot number listed after their name?? Example if im in slot #2 ( FSK405|DankRider_2 )

Either way great map it is coming along quite well.

• Dank,
    This sounds like a bug with 4.1, and not the map. Slot Numbers for the server are independent of maps. I would toss this over to one of the FS devs.

Yippi – Now that 4.1 is out we were able to get Island_8 running on the server with auto download no less. But since we have been able to test the map we have noticed a couple glitch’s.

1 – Random phantom deaths. Players will randomly die without being killed. I look in the console ant it appears nothing occurred just a random death. This happens all the time and should be easy to reproduce, it will just take some time before it happens to you.

2 – A couple times while people are loading on the server they will load with their player slot number listed after their name?? Example if im in slot #2 ( FSK405|DankRider_2 )

Either way great map it is coming along quite well.

DankRider

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux