FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• The two light footsteps you hear before you line up on the wall, are of the blue player backpedaling into the corner of redroof. His legs are moving, making footsteps, but his body is not moving. At the moment, during his last two footsteps, he is not moving into your line of sight. Those footsteps could not help your timing. If anything, they should have thrown it off. The blue player starts to move. No sound. Then he stops. No sound. You wait. The blue player moves again and as he reaches your crosshairs, you fire.

• "I don't need your settings to understand this."
    You do.

In this video you see that the the preshot was set when enemy was "far" away from showing up. If I would be able to see him I would fire a few moments later - like I said before.

And you're able to hear more than 7 steps in that part of the demo and 2 right before I shoot. (If you aren't able to hear the second, watch the demo in slower timescale. I wasn't able to hear the second step without headset). The first when he stood in the corner and the second after the second step. If you hear a sound coming from right to the left side, where do you think will the next sound come from in a egoshooter. From left again because you think he is moving in one direction. When the enemy realises that he is getting shot, he walks back and I was surprised he is not showing up, preparing for rushing him and then he shows up.

"You cannot position his movement with sound when you train on the wall. You cannot position his movement until you see him. And yet you time your pre-fire with his movement behind the wall to perfection."

That's not correct. The prefire would be perfect if it would have hit. Like said above there have been two steps that showed a direction of a enemy moving and the next foodstep would happen when I'll see him (if he keeps running in same speed or faster) so I just used my brain and shot.
    You're doing one big mistake what happens a lot of people reviewing a demo:
    You act on the assumption I would be able to see through walls while you're watching that demo. Watch that demo impartial, listen to the foodsteps and you'll come to the same result, that the enemy will show up in a few moments.

" Those footsteps could not help your timing. If anything, they should have thrown it off. The blue player starts to move. No sound. Then he stops. No sound. You wait. The blue player moves again and as he reaches your crosshairs, you fire. "
    Wrong again.
    That's the shed (______). "O" is a sound of the foodstep:

"o" - first foodstep
    "O" - second foodstep
    ""O"" - When I'll think the next foodstep will hearable. I was acting on the assumption he is doing one step forward and starts to circle then.

(left) "O"__________O____o_ (right)

But he wasn't doing a circle jump and my calculation failed and I've shot too early:

(left) "O"___I_______O____o_ (right)

"I" is the position of the enemy when I've prefired.
    I can't see where the enemy is at this moment, I have to guess. So please view that part of the demo without being prejudiced.

If you don't use a (good) headset you're not able to hear the second step that's isn't as loud as the first. If you are able to hear that step then you locate the first step more right to the second (left) step.

" In the other demos of you that I've seen, you don't match this behavior. "
    In the other demos of me I wasn't playing with headset, with highsens and with a bad computer unless they are from the last 5 months.
    I've become better with playing in high divisions, edited my settings and stopped playing pub regulary. In the past I've been on server daily and maybe you've realized that this changed in the last months,

• BanMe...you mention the laser dot, but I only see it visible on the glass sky light. Wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that it's from an enemy in exec?

Boogie Knight

It's a pretty reasonable argument. The video I posted is in timescale .1 and the laser is visible for 10-12 seconds, so real game time only a second or so. Thats not a lot of time to interpret angles of laser pointers to determine player location. Watching it in real time i only have enough time to go "laser = enemy" in my head not "laser only touching the glass at this certain angle means hes only on roof/in exec so I will/wont shoot." Its certainly possible for a player to think that, it's just not where my mind goes right of the bat.

Devil's first reaction is to move his crosshair left and away from the emerging player before engaging him.

theSheilaDivine

I saw that as a movement to get into a circle jump. You move your aim to the left so when you circle your aim for the jump its back where it needs to be to fire at the enemy.

My Thought process watching it:
    Pre-fire at enemy
    enemy not there
    start to rush at enemy (the circle jump/ aim to left)
    enemy appears mid jump, start to fire

Shooting scopeless to those points with that accuracy has me doubtfull of no hack assistance....The timing of the aim to the shots fired is so quick it still leaves me feeling a radar of sorts must be helping as the accuracy is hard to swallow.

FSK405|EZ

I just posted a video of myself doing the same exact thing. I know you said not to talk about settings but its relevant to this particular argument. With any of the following, mouse acceleration, large crosshair (not the dot), high or even medium sensitivity, and/or smaller monitor size, these shots are pretty damn hard to do. I'm actually better at these shots than the more "normal range" ones you do on other areas/maps because ive practiced doing them so much.

Yes there is a little luck with shots that far but in DeviL's demo he only hit three out of twenty-four (12.5 percent) shots taken. In terms of accuracy numbers for autos thats about half of what he probably gets in "normal range" firefights.

• hello, not sure if this is still going on, I didn't really read past the first page.

I watched the demo and I believe very strongly that he is not hacking.

Take that for whatever it's worth.

• Thanks for your effort reviewing this demo & yes it's still going on.

• Would anyone else like evaluate a moment in the demo or post a final thought?

• All named scenes have been explained by me/us I think. If there are more questionable scenes feel free to let me know.

• This thread is locked. The LOJ can decide whether they're satisfied enough with the explanations to have another vote. If they do, it will take a majority vote to remove the ban.

• Based on a revote, the LOJ has unbanned Devil.

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux This topic is now closed