FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• And instead of answering that question directly you've decided to write "bs".
    Like it would be relevant to know .15 is 0.15
    I have no problem to learn something new, that's why I was asking

• It seems like every action that was named in that demo looking suspicious could be explained by me and other regulars like BanMe or XSmoker as well.
    Every action could be explained by sound, steady aiming and cfg settings.

Is there anything else to explain from my side?

• This discussion is for Devil's demo, not a pissing contest, not an argument about zeroes and decimal points, not a place to brag about league status.

Since I've offered to manage this thread, I'll lock it at the next moment we move away from the demo again. This is an analysis of points, not a circus.

Devil, it doesn't help your case one bit to antagonize other players, to brag about your superiority in Urban Terror or to belittle how poor your competition on the Superman server is. If BanMe is your only competition, and BanMe rarely plays Superman, then there's no point in even talking about the demo.

Your ethos depends on the points in the demo, that's it. Too many excellent players have been caught cheating. It doesn't matter where they come from, how they have played or what tournaments they've won. Urban Terror settings are irrelevant to the discussion unless they pinpoint a precise counterargument to a moment in the demo.

You, Devil, make a mistake to believe that this is being brushed aside by amateurs. Players are wasting hours of their time on this forum, on the demo and on TS discussing it. We all have headsets. We all have giant monitors. And we'd all rather be doing something else.

• Yes, there is more to discuss.

• So it would be nice if you give me that actions or questionable scenes and I try to help you to understand my behaviour.

I just gaved you guys my settings like crosshairrgb and crosshair because they are relevant why I'm aiming a few times and edges and walls even there are no enemies next to me

I appreciate that you've opened a thread for that and I know that there are more important things than reviewing demo for demo. I'm headadmin of two UAA servers as well and have to watch multiple demos a day.

I've just got the feeling that my explanations get ignored because they are explaining everything that got said before in the analysis

• BanMe...you mention the laser dot, but I only see it visible on the glass sky light. Wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that it's from an enemy in exec?

• this would look different I guess but I'm not sure and I don't want to connect to the server to try it.

The sound of the foodsteps came from red roof so why should the laser come from exec?

• BanMe...you mention the laser dot, but I only see it visible on the glass sky light. Wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that it's from an enemy in exec?

• Conclusions on the shed incident:

The original analysis indicated the noise behind the shed of a player. Devil quickly pointed out he'd established this player as an enemy by referencing the minimap. The player's laser can be seen on the roof window and roof floor before the player appears; however, this point was identified publicly by BanMe not Devil. Devil has made it clear that he noticed this player by sound, not sight. So we'll move on with that.

Footsteps can be heard on the ledge behind the shed at the first moments when Devil spawns; however, from the moment before the pre-fire until after the two players engage each other, only one light footstep can be heard when the player is on the roof near the door behind the shed, and it's highly muffled by the wind noise. There is no indication what direction the blue player was taking at that distance behind the shed. And whether the blue player was moving left or right, either move would be lateral to Devil, not closer or farther away. Gauging footstep noise in this position, at that distance is the most unlikely reason to pre-fire. Messing around, accidental misfire or just bad luck are better reasons, but Devil sticks with sound.

He makes two points regarding sound:
    1. those are called preshots for the incoming enemy. Like said above I wasn't able to hear his position due to reloading and medicing but I've heard him.

Here Devil acknowledges that while he heard the player, he "wasn't able to hear his position."

2. You can locate the enemy nearly pefectly by sound. The shownormals only show that the preshot was too early - if I could have seen him I would have shot a few moments later.
    Actually the preshot wasn't helping me because I haven't shot when he appears, I've shot a few moments before. I can't say when he will appear I just can say where he is quietly accurate. Then I have to guess if he will appear or not. I decided to shoot. It's not "noise" that you can't locate - those steps were loud foodsteps that "showed by listening" where the players is.

Here Devil suggests, instead, that he could pinpoint the enemy "nearly perfectly." He indicates "those steps were loud footsteps" which is the case when he spawns, but not right before and after he pre-fires. He says he decides to shoot....into a wall. Devil bases this on crosshair settings and exceptional Urban Terror skills: "In that short demos I've preshoted many times - sometimes with success and sometimes not. Like BanMe said: Why should't I do it if it could help me.."

In this instance, however, pre-firing could not have helped him. It is important to analyze intent of a player. Firing before visual confirmation spreads the crosshair, making it less accurate. How often do you shoot at walls? Why aim at the wall instead of the space beside the wall? And how often when you're screwing around shooting a wall, would shownormals demonstrate a well-timed shot on a player behind the wall, moving into your crosshairs?

We have further been provided with Devil's resume of excellence in Urban Terror and his suggestion that Superman provides him with no real competition other than BanMe. Yet in this engagement he writes, "I needed too long to kill that enemy. 15 bullets for only one enemy in short range are too much.” In regards to his gameplay earlier on Superman: “Before the demo was recorded I had multiple times problems with killing enemies in the air.”

Shownormals indicates unfortunate timing to assume a wallhack. It is insulting to suggest that this evidence is not highly suspicious at least.

As the out-of-sight blue player moves towards Devil's crosshairs (which he has set on the wall) Devil fires twice into the wall. When the blue player finally appears to Devil's sights, Devil jerks his crosshairs away from the player before engaging the player.

What would an experienced player do? Most decent players would aim to the left of the wall, to catch a player at first sight, moving into their crosshairs as they fire. Most of Devil's play agrees with this strategy. In almost every similar instance, he aims for the space where the player will be, not the wall where a player will not be. Had the shed wall been a few inches to the right with the blue player just coming into sight, Devil would have made a keen maneuver.

It has been suggested that Devil was aiming at the wall to hide his laser from the enemy, so as not to give away his position and keep the element of surprise. Even though Devil is not using a laser, this wouldn’t make sense, because aiming at the air where the blue player appeared would not have given his position away, either. There was no wall beyond the shed where a laser point would appear. Pre-firing, however, does give his position away. Before the blue player sees Devil, he hears him shooting at the wall.

Further, if you are aiming at a corner, anticipating an enemy to appear, most players reaction upon first sight is to fire. Devil's first reaction is to move his crosshair left and away from the emerging player before engaging him. This indicates one of two reasons: he knew Crazy was specing him, and he'd just fired into a wall providing evidence of a wallhack (his "don't see my dot correct" further corroborates that); or two, he was surprised at the appearance of the enemy and jerked his mouse, taking credence away from the ability in this instance to follow the enemy's sound "nearly perfectly."

-------------------------
    A lot of time is being spent on the shed moment. Does anyone want to bring up some of the other points.

Again, please keep this discussion on the demo.

• " He says he decides to shoot....into a wall"

Try to hit a corner perfectly while you're walking and you'll realize this is pretty hard.
    I've preshoted. Not at the wall, i tried to hit the corner (with corner I dont mean the part of the wall - I'm talking about that part in the air)
    Due to the moving I failed that preshot for maybe 2 or 3 pixel (I said before: it wasnt that good but the timing was pretty nice" )

After/while preshooting I was going to circle and strafe to that spot I guessed the enemy is but realized he showed up and started aiming.

My crosshair is not set to the wall - it is set to the corner which is much darker than the sky.
    Try my crosshairrgb please.

I'm able to hear more than 5 or 6 foodsteps that werent mine - could you please turn your volume up and listen carefully. Those steps show the position of enemy.

On blue roof I wasnt able to locate the enemy by sound because it was just one foodstep and I was busy with medic & reload at the same time.

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux This topic is now closed