FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• Its not really "zooming" with an LR300 its just a fov change. 90 fov is "zoomed" 110 fov is "unzoomed". If you play standard at 90 then its equivalent to him playing zoomed in. I used to use this back when i used a 17inch monitor. I liked playing at 105 fov so I could see things around me but i had trouble seeing far objects so I would change my fov to 90 to see it. If you think a simple variable change is hacking you're on something strong.

BanMe

thx for the explanation. didnt know that (i didnt even know yet, that there is a possibility of scripting in ut lol).
    i'm just playing the game. i dont need any extrakeys for changing weapons or zooming.

• To Community
    From Superman Head Admins: DankRider, Mindriot, SheilaDevine, Boogie]{night, Reflux, WilyDuck
    Issue: Jump Script to access Red roof with no lemming.
    Ruling our Verdict: This is NOT a Hack, but IS an Exploit and will be considered and illegal move that may result in a kick or ban.

Admin Notes:

• This is and exploit, and not how WilyDuck intended the map to be played. An example was brought up that I think is a good analogy further justifying our decision. This is an unintended exploit much like being able to go under the map shooting players through the water, as was available in previous versions of Superman. This exploit modifies players movements, and is not how WilyDuck intend the map to be played giving players an unfair advantage.

• Urban Terror is fraught with weakness's being built off a 10+ year old engine. The jump exploit is a known issue that the development team thought they fixed in UrT4.1.. Though the Dev team fixed the horizontal aspect of this exploit, the vertical movement is still vulnerable. It is to my understanding this function will be removed from future versions of UrT for it is no longer applicable.

• We would like to thank Rabbit for bringing it to our attention to open up a discussion. It is far better to ask rather then use it only to be called out.

• The Urban Terror Head Admins are unified in our decision. The Jump exploit is not up for debate and players caught using it will be warned and kicked. Continuous use may result in a temp or permanent ban.

NOTE: This Thread will be locked soon.

• Its not really "zooming" with an LR300 its just a fov change. 90 fov is "zoomed" 110 fov is "unzoomed". If you play standard at 90 then its equivalent to him playing zoomed in. I used to use this back when i used a 17inch monitor. I liked playing at 105 fov so I could see things around me but i had trouble seeing far objects so I would change my fov to 90 to see it. If you think a simple variable change is hacking you're on something strong.

BanMe

I still think it's wrong. Either you choose a broader FOV and have the advantage of improved peripherical vision or you choose a narrower FOV and have the advantage of larger targets. You can't have both. And where do you draw the line? Why not getting a script for not-getting unscoped when hit, or to remove the black frame when zoomed in just to "see better"? Hmm the enemy is not only too far away but hiding behind a building, why not use a little script to see through walls...IMHO it's one thing to use binds for radio calls or to switch weapons, but a whole other story to change game mechanics & physics on the fly.

cheers
    MT

• I'm really happy, that I did the right. Even when I got some problems with my clan, but I thought and still think it's WilyDuck's and the official superman's headadminteam's right to be informed about this bug.

It was me a joy to help you.

• Dank what about people using other exploits like falling from any height and not doing any damage? Or fast medding or fast slicing or ....

• Dank what about people using other exploits like falling from any height and not doing any damage? Or fast medding or fast slicing or ....

tEh-kEEpEr

This thread was started to address the Jumping Script that changes the physics of the players movements. Though there have been a few additional concerns outlined in this thread, each one is an individual talking point. This script that modifies a players ability to move and was not the intended purpose of the cvar, there for it is an exploit.

If there are other specific scripts of concern, start an additional thread outlining the concern. Each will be handled with their own merit.

Please note: things like FOV modifications are really tough to identify in game. The medic and spin landing thing you reference do not require a script or any client modification. Unfortunately folks have to look for exploits to compensate for lack of skill in hopes of attaining an advantage. It is tough for the Superman Head Admin team to rule on certain modifications.

This thread is being locked: Reason the Superman Head Admin Team ruled on this case and has presented their verdict. If you have additional scripting concerns start a thread addressing the issue. I left the thread open so rabbit had an opportunity to submit any final thoughts.

PS. If anyone would like to gain more information pertaining to this verdict feel free to contact any of the Superman Head Admins.

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux This topic is now closed