FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• I've noticed an annoying trend on the server. I've talked to other superman players and many have noticed it as well. The problem is kind of hard to quantify exactly, so I'm hoping we superman regulars can figure it out together. Please, post your thoughts and observations.

Superman regulars seem to designate one team to join, and thereby dominate the server. I'll see a familiar name connect and sit in spec for some time. Then some 'noob' will connect and autojoin the team the regular doesn't want to play on. THEN the regular joins the winning team where all the other regulars are playing. Result: Another massively unbalanced pub game with a score like 20-0.

Come on guys and gals, we're better than this, aren't we?

• Come on guys and gals, we're better than this, aren't we?

MrTinker.Um3

obviously not.

the retards team is formed by afks, noobs and campers, and when i say campers i dont mean snipers that are useful to their team, i mean that guy on one far end of the map that gets a kill every 5 minutes and never gets killed himself.

that means that you are the only 1 trying to get the flag, that is protected by 3 opponents, and if you get the flag, you also have to recover your teams flag yourself, and if you do that then nobody is guarding your flag so the other team gets it before you get back to base.

so its not fun and its kinda pointless.

the regulars team on the other hand flows like clockwork, everybody knows what hes doing.

one solution would be moving admins to the retards team on autobalance so they can give example and help the retards team, since admins are highly skilled players as we all know, they should have a greater impact when switching to the retards team than unprivileged players.

• This has been going on for quite some time. All players should ALWAYS use autojoin when first joining the server. Not, as Tink says, waiting in spec, and then join when there is a slot open on the team that you want to be on.

• Another trend that seems to be happening lately is warning players for cheating until they are tempbanned by B3. Either that or they are outright banned by an admin (WITHOUT a demo).
    We were all instructed by dank to always make a demo before kicking or banning someone for cheating. Recently I have seen players kicked or banned and yet there is no demo posted here in these forums. Supposedly, we forward the demos on to UAA for global banning on all UAA servers. By only banning them here, you are allowing these cheats to take their bots or hacks elsewhere (where we all sometimes play) where they can make life miserable for others. Also, without a demo, if a player comes to the forums and says "hey, i was banned, what gives?", we have no proof.

• can i suggest that level 30 admins be allowed to join any team?
    (and i don't mean all the time.)

I used to be able to help fix stacked teams by joining the losing team and doing a !teams, but I can't do that anymore with the forced autojoin.

Once the teams become severely unbalanced, it's sort of interesting what keeps it that way. People invariably drop off when they can't win. New players come on (or an admin does !teams). Since autobalance doesn't move regulars, all it does is make it worse.

I enjoy playing on the underdog, but I don't like being on *either* side of a 0-20 match .... BORING !

• Sometimes a quick match is fun, and sometimes I don't mind being on the receiving end when the other team is having a great run. If I join in to a 14-20 player game and the skills are unbalanced, this is something different. I'd prefer to sit around in spec until a slot opens on the underdogs than to autojoin up to fill an empty slot on a team which is up many caps.

I have never witnessed collusion amongst regulars to get on the same team. It just works out this way. We have a lot of good sports and regulars on the Superman server that I'm sure would prefer a level field and would like the option to control it. I don't like it when a normal player who is having a good run, has contributed multiple caps to a single team and so on switched in a numbers game. Autojoin and autobalancing teams keeps it simple and under control but may not favor the game play with so many coming and going during a match.

I've been in the situation woge describes many times, and yes, this is no fun. In that situation, you just have to play it out and come back later to play with a reasonable group to make up for it. Creeper hammers in a good point and I feel similarly.

When joining, most every time, I join spec to assess who's on teams and what the scores look are. When I see a team stacked with regulars or very skilled players with a clear lead, I very much like it when autojoin favors me to join the underdog team. If it appears that the winning team is down a player, then yes, sometimes I wait around (not too long if possible) until they even out or a slot opens so I can get with the underdogs. If this isn't acceptable, then I'd rather quit and come back later.

• Making auto-join and autobalance based on skill . Im sure alot guys would rage quit . End round Scramble would be kool .

• Don't know if it's possible, but last in should be forced to the team with less players even if they are admins. What difference does it make if you're an admin? As far as balancing teams, all players should be treated equally, IMO. I HAVE noticed players such as Acehole and Osko (and myself), who seem to enjoy a challenge, and will put themselves on the losing, noob team.

• I HAVE noticed players such as Acehole and Osko (and myself), who seem to enjoy a challenge, and will put themselves on the losing, noob team.

Boogie Knight
    Thats what we try to do but the forced auto join keeps me from doing that. Id normally stack the lower team and do !teams to even it back up. Normally this would solve the problem. Now we can't really do this.

• kinda going off what creeper was sayin is there any way to make the admins go to the less fortunate team if they want to...other than moving someone then joing the other team

dammit Ban where did the boobies go! I havent been in the forums in a week so I just noticed

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux