FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• I'm not trying to start drama on the forums (unless that's where you want it), so I'm politely asking how can a player report an admin for abuse of power? I looked through several of the forums and didn't find any FAQ or Rules of some sort (except for the admin rules). Is there a person I should PM or an e-mail address I should know about?

I know the information for where to report demos and such is on the servers themselves, but this isn't for a hacker.

Thanks in advance.

• I know the information for where to report demos and such is on the servers themselves, but this isn't for a hacker.

Alkaline
    The right place to upload demos is here: http://www.fsk405.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?29839

You shouldn't ever use the words "hack", "cheat", "hacking", or "cheating" on any of the servers. A sure fire way to ruin the chances of making a great demo of a hacker is to have someone claim they're cheating.

I'm pretty sure you're asking in reference to my muting you on the superman server tonight (about the time of your post). I came onto the server and within 30 seconds of joining a team two players (you being one of them) made hackusations. I muted you both. I didn't even formally warn you with the !warn command. (After 3 warnings you're kicked from the server and banned temporarily. Being muted is the lesser punishment.)

About the time I was going to unmute you, you started dropping and grabbing the flag on and off for the better part of 5 minutes. The first 30 or so times you did that it was funny. After that it became clear you were dropping/grabbing the flag as some kind of demonstration. Around that time you changed your name from Alkaline to AdminAbuse and started using your name as a means to keep attention on yourself. At that point I warned you for being an asshat and I may have thrown a rule6 in there as well (rule6 = listen to the admins and learn or leave). I never made a third and final warning on you.

When playing on the server here remember it's just a game.

• Unless an admin clearly abuses their power, it would be a mistake to 'complain' about admin abuse if you indeed did something to be disciplined for. The reason is that it takes a large amount of time to review the text-based system logs and pull out the relevant info. After doing this, if the sysadmin finds that the complaint is unfounded, he has wasted a huge amount of time. The one who makes the unfounded "complaint" could be held accountable for this.

That said, on the rare occasion that one of us (I'm an admin also) abuses his/her power, send complaints to sysadmin directly- PM DankRider http://fsk405.com/e107_plugins/pm/pm.php?send.791

My advice- With a 'situation' such as this, I would write down the problem, wait an hour or two, and see if a cooler head gives you a new perspective. If you still feel adamant, and you're absolutely POSITIVE that researching the issue isn't a huge waste of someone's time, PM the Sysadmin.

• its pathetic that admins have to regularly come here and explain their actions to the very people that stop them from being able to just get on with a game in the first place.

• I'm not trying to start drama on the forums (unless that's where you want it), so I'm politely asking how can a player report an admin for abuse of power? I looked through several of the forums and didn't find any FAQ or Rules of some sort (except for the admin rules). Is there a person I should PM or an e-mail address I should know about?

I know the information for where to report demos and such is on the servers themselves, but this isn't for a hacker.

Thanks in advance.

Alkaline

If you feel you have a legitimate issue with a Superman Admin you can send me a pm.
    Please be brief and to the point using exact times and dates.

• If you feel you have a legitimate issue with a Superman Admin you can send me a pm.
    Please be brief and to the point using exact times and dates.

DankRider
    See, the problem now is that this isn't a private matter anymore. Tink chose to talk about it publicly, and at the same time left out some key details and I believe I have a right to defend myself and shine light on the truth.

Namely that I was muted for upwards of an hour. When I quit the server I had been on for 80 minutes, and I'm guessing at least half that time I was muted. I believe for no cause.

That "hackusation" wasn't an accusation at all, it was a poor attempt at humor (I got killed and just threw out "wallh4x" I'm pretty sure everyone makes those stupid comments from time to time). I had been making silly comments from the moment I entered the server. I go on the Superman server for fun, I wouldn't even care if someone were legitimately hacking as I can just disconnect.

Instead of asking me why or warning me, you muted me. When you let me speak again I complained about what you had done (namely I had no idea why I had been muted, and you just wanted to spam the rule of accusations of hacking), we had a civil disagreement (no profanity and no spam), and you muted me again, I believe within a few minutes of unmuting me from the first time. And from this point on I was muted for the rest of my time on the server. It almost would have been better just to kick me to prove your point.

(To point out, from the time of the second muting to the dropping of the flag was upwards of 15+ minutes, possibly 25-30, I don't remember exactly as I didn't demo the whole 80 minute session).

From this point on I had no way to communicate with anyone. The dropping and picking up of the flag was my way of communicating with my team "hey, here I am" (and to draw light to the fact I was still muted) since I obviously couldn't just type it. I didn't want the flag and wanted someone to come take it. I started changing my name when I realized I could communicate that way. I changed my name to "AbusiveAdmin" when you said "You deserve it" to the fact I was muted (I changed my name to "StillMuted" first and you said I deserved to be muted, at which point I switched to "AbusiveAdmin").

Now, do I still need to PM someone? Or is this sufficient? I believe any and all times and dates you need can be supplied by Tink, and they are probably all documented within the server log.

I personally believe this is an abuse of power: simple retaliation out of spite/dislike, which is against one of the rules that is enforced on the server (instead of TKing a player, you handicapped them). You warned me twice for rude/disruptive behavior when I had no choice in the matter and I could say you were equally as rude/disruptive as I was.

However, if this is not constituted as abuse of power, then obviously FSK gives their admins a lot of leeway, and I'm not sure it's a place I want to play.

Also, to Dr. Worm: I feel it's a little sad that people come on these forums and make small snide comments without knowing all the details.

Final edit: (This is one long post) I believe every person has off days, where things are just generally annoying and it's easier to just start dishing out punishment then to investigate. However, that kind of attitude hurts the players most, the people who you are trying to keep on the server and, unfortunately, not even a volunteer admin should be above simple common courtesy.

• Alkaline, now you have given me all the details, I feel even more strongly about this issue. You were muted. It's no big deal. People get muted all the time. It's better to be quiet for a while than to be kicked and banned.

If you had just taken it like a man, and got on with the game (perhaps slightly inconvenient when muted but not impossible) the whole situation would be over by now. But you had to come and moan publicly. You have shown yourself to be not only a whiner but antagonistic as well.

Had it been me that had muted you and you changed your names as you described above, I would have kicked and possibly tempbanned you for that without a second thought.

• Alkaline, now you have given me all the details, I feel even more strongly about this issue. You were muted. It's no big deal. People get muted all the time. It's better to be quiet for a while than to be kicked and banned.

If you had just taken it like a man, and got on with the game (perhaps slightly inconvenient when muted but not impossible) the whole situation would be over by now. But you had to come and moan publicly. You have shown yourself to be not only a whiner but antagonistic as well.

Had it been me that had muted you and you changed your names as you described above, I would have kicked and possibly tempbanned you for that without a second thought.

dr.worm
    I didn't make this matter public, remember that. I didn't want it public. I knew people would ignore the player's point of view and immediately defend their buddy.

Also, I don't see how a little disagreement should be grounds for an hour long muting.

• I think Alkaline makes a good point dr. worm. He made it clear he didn't want it to become public. Tinker took it there. I think it a bit of a mountain out of a molehill, however; I can definitely empathize with Alk's point of view.

I don't know that I would have taken the same action out as Tink did, but I am pretty sure there was no spite or retaliation. More likely it was a "failure to communicate". (Pun intended. Don't know if you will get the joke, but not always do people get my humor), point taken?

Regardless, please feel free to keep playing and don't be discouraged. More than likely it was an "off day" by all parties, and more than anything; thank you for visiting the forums and intitially going about things the way you did.

GGs.

Earl

• I did not ignore your point of view, I read your posts and considered it. But you should also consider that a lot of pullava is being made here over essentially nothing. You weren't kicked or banned, you were muted.

You should remember that the admins on this server work damn hard to keep the server hacker and trouble free. This often means spending more time adminning than playing. Sometimes mistakes are made. Sometimes things are dealt with in ways which you might think are unjust or over harsh. But complaining about "admin abuse of power"....you're having a laugh! For one thing, it is not "power", it's a job that we work damn hard at doing for no recompense or thanks. And let's face it, all that happened was that you were not able to talk for an hour (having read all this drama that's probably no bad thing). Get over yourself, put this matter to bed and let's have some good games.

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux