FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• I found this on UrbanTerror.net. It was posted last June by seti. I hope that it's O.K. to quote his post. Hope I'm not re-posting something that's already been seen here. It at leats offers hope to those of us who are tired of the hax.

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:51 AM

It�s been a long time coming, 2 years or more. I approached TwentySeven quite some time ago about possibly working on an Anti-Cheat solution for UrbanTerror. He gave me some great ideas and told me where to look, and the project began. I never really understood just how big of an undertaking this would be. I quickly came up with a C# .NET program that could pick out some of the common hacks such as mombot and monkey hook. It wasn�t too much longer that somebody pointed out just how easy it is to rebuild your source code from a compiled C# executable. That was pretty distressing so the project was shelved for a bit.

I finally reached my limit in public servers as hacks became more and more evident, and more and more people seemed to be installing them because of the little police work server admins really do. The United Admins Alliance made some strides in the right direction. So many hours get put in to review submitted demos. They make a serious effort and manage a large list of banned IPs, but the amount of work that goes into this is astounding. I set out to port the C# program I had written to C/C++. I was able to port the utility but I was concerned of just how little control I would have over the executable. At this time my anticheat was an external program to ioUrt. Another problem that arose was that there was no guid tracking system. People can change their guid�s at will, and obtaining a new IP address to get around an IP ban is fairly trivial as well. I had a working anticheat but what was the use in releasing something when you could hide or even take on known identities to avoid responsibility for your actions?

In comes Passport. I was pretty excited when I heard about this project being developed almost completely by SG_Kalish and |HSO|Raider. I started talking to them a bit, and I really had ZERO clue as to how big this project really is. I was pretty unavailable for most of the winter of 2008 working hard, and trying to keep up with my and trying to keep up with my STA duties at the same time. This proved extremely difficult, as most of you know. All said and done, I became very active in the project this April/May� I�ve had little sleep since. Ask around . I had a good head start as my code wasn't too far behind. I found myself enjoying the coding more and more and now I simply can't put it down . It's really fun to work across international boundaries.

It�s hard to not be able to share how this works but for obvious reasons I simply can�t. I use a special test environment to verify that the anti-cheat code works. Before I ported everything to the latest ioUrbanTerror branch of ioQuake3 I did all my testing in 4.1 where all the hacks are currently. I was able to pick up all the OGC variants: monkey hook, mombot, urth, h3h3 urt, Urt Bot 4.1, to name a few. These all build on noskill�s original OGC work.

We are nearing the final stage of integration and development of the anti-cheat. The detection routines are complete. Kalish and I are now working very closely to �secure� our investment to be able to protect our work and provide you, the gaming public, with a high quality solution that you will be able to trust.

As I said it�s been a long time coming. Big thanks go out to Frozen Sand for recognizing our Passport project as playing a vital role for a successful release of 4.2. I'll post some followups here soon to keep you informed of our progress.

• well it´s a really good start, and a really a lot of works to the developers, but i really hope this will be reality and not a dream for now.

this hax retards are gettin really boring, hope that this good project has some good legs to walk on ;)

• That info is like 6 months old. It is intended to be a major part of the 4.2 release. No release date currently.

• I wasn't trying to fool anyone. I clearly stated that it was from last June. Just thought some here would like to see that something IS being done about haxors and they might want to go and read that thread for current info, learn about Passport, etc.

• Ah nice, haven't kept up with q3/urt developments. But this is becoming an unfortunate necessity.

Hopefully doesn't impact gameplay too much.

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux