FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• if you could set that up that would be great

• All right, I think I'm going to make two posts here, first will be an update on the last couple days and then I think I'm going to ramble a bit on my perceptions here.

First of al as many of you might of noticed power has been transfered back to the Iraqi's. Did it 2 days early and caught a bunch of reporters here with thier panties down. The female reporter for CNN whose name I can't mention is a real bitch. We had to stop her several times from filming in areas she wasn't supposed to and every time she just went bugnuts. She knew the rules but thought she was to important to have to follow them.

Then the next day I was sent out for checkpoint duty to pull a 12 hour shift. First of all its about 118 and no shade to be found. To top that off trying to get Iraqis to follow commands is not the easist thing in the world to do (which probably explains why so many get whacked blowing thru checkpoints, they think we are pointing at someone else I guess.) All in all the day went fairly smoothly till the evening. I had about 2 hours left to go when we here a BOOM!!! This in itself is a common occurance, what is not so common is the whistle of a incoming round which we heard getting louder and louder as it gets closer then suddenly nothing. Those of us at the checkpoint look at each other thinking wasn't their supposed to be a explosion at the end of that? Turns out the rocket hit the building I'm living in but was a dud. So here we are sitting at the checkpoint listening to the radio as they have people out searching for this dud round. Evewntualy they find it cordon it off and call EOD to come take care of it. Meanwhile we get a report of 4 individuals skulking in our area with RPG's well considering I'm on top of a vehicle with the machinegun I take notice and start scanning. Turns out it was a false alarm but gave me some nervous moments. Other then that nothing much going on except I tweaked my leg and it hurts like hell. Pic attached is me on the .50 during the day.

72 Imgp0128
    <span class='smalltext'>[ 72_imgp0128.jpg ]</span>

• All right now you get to read the rambling thoughts of a man on two vicadin.

I think the biggest change thats come over me (besides dropping 30 pounds) is my perception of things has changed. I sit here in my underwear typing these words I still have in the back of my head that in a blink of an eye things can change. I've only been here 3 months and have already been on a patrol when we were peppered by incoming small arms fire, also have been the target of at least 6 mortar attacks. If nothing else I hope to come out of this being able to handle things with a little more grace.. I hopefully won't get worked up when McDonalds puts onions on my Big Mac. I just want to not sweat the small shit anymore. Speaking of McD's I never relized how much I have taken for granted things from the States. I never thought I would say this but I miss commercials, I miss the ability to get in my car and drive to a store to get whatever I need. I miss the conviance of the states. Today I risked life and limb to drive off my post and go to another that had a post office to try and mail a B day present to both my mother and my sister. When I get there I can't even do that because they lost power due to a rocket attack and are closed. Thier B day was last month and this was the first chance I had to go send them a package and the place is closed. Probably be another month before I can set that up again. And thats just to mail a package home. The ability to go out and pick what you would like to eat. No resturaunts or fast food here.
    Last thing is contact with people outside of those of us here. Most of us here eagerly await mail here and it's kinda interesting to watch people as the mail gets passed out, seeing happiness or disapointment depending on if the recieved anything or not. Any contact is good. We have 3 people in our platoon that haven't recieved any mail since we have been here and I can't imagine what they have to be thinking every day when mail arrives knowing that nothing will be for them. I ended up having to call my sister who works at a hospital and see if she can get these guys some type of care package from the states. We do share what we recieve but not quite the same as recieving one addressed to you. She said she should be able to square them away. Keep ya posted on that. Well enuf for now pills kicking in hard and me gonna sleep now. Take care all and have a Happy 4th, wish I was there to crack a cold one myself.

• Hey Dgrunt can you give me the names and how to send some mail to them, I want to send a letter to each of them just to tell them how I and others appreciate what they are doing. If you could so much do that that would be great if you can.

• Likewise, put some names and addresses here (email or post) and I think we can send some mail/packages their way.

• ditto what they said!

• my packages aren't there yet????

wtf???

it's been about 2 weeks now, maybe it takes a lot longer than that...

• my packages aren't there yet????

wtf???

it's been about 2 weeks now, maybe it takes a lot longer than that...

HMinus1

Mine not there yet either? It has been about 10 days and I shipped it priority. Got a bunch of songs that I will get out to you hopefully on monday (if the post office is open, not sure if that is a holiday). Will try to find one of those sleep mask things too. There is a gift store around where I am, but the only ones they sold were pink and I figured you would never hear the end of it if you wore a pink one.

Have a happy 4th and keep safe *:)

• PINK --------------- WINK oh man----------Monkey I want a pink one LOL. My SGT. with my <<<<.cough.>>>> campus police department is a formal Marine, HE SAY GIVE THEM HELL and HOOOAAHHHH. [ Edited Thu Jul 01 2004, 09:42PM ]

• takes 2-3 weeks for a package...save yourself some money and forgoe priority if you ship other packages. Priority counts only till it hits the army then it has to make it's way here with them...not to mention I have seen a couple of letters arrived that were charred, bad guys don't know whats in the trucks they shoot up. As soon as it arrives you can be assured of my prompt and heartfelt thanks. Also just so you know anythinjg shipped to me doesn't normally stay with just me. I try to share what i can with those in my platoon. So fear not fine fellows unless your packages have been ambushed the the bad guys they should be arriving any day now.

Moderator(s): DankRider, Fokker, Frog, FSKADMIN, nugjar, Reflux