FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• I'm ranting! Don't take it personally and don't try to offer advice. I'm ranting, not looking for help. Leave NOW if you don't want to hear it!

I tire of the negativity that gets associated with my significantly popular map because a few loud people cause big deals, kill moods, and alienate great players or admins.

It's like I'm the parent of the kid that no other parent in the neighborhood wants their kids to hang out with but can't stop those that really want to from doing so. So when I the parent inevitably bump into those other parents, I'm "that guy" but because my kid is really popular, that parent feels they can't socially afford to publicly disassociate themselves with me or my kid. And if my kid is around or even mentioned, conversations go awkward or quiet almost instantly with that other parent checking for quick escape routes out of that situation.

Watch:

superman

You feel the urge to leave this conversation now?

You bumped into me, accepted having a conversation, but with my kid being brought up as subject matter, it's time to go. SO FUCKING LEAVE AND NEXT TIME JUST AVOID ME, K? Saves me the trouble of engaging in petty small talk.

My map truly brings hate to this community. Not rage, not anger, no, just hate. Hate: A problem requiring effort to solve that one can not solve no matter the effort. It's a perpetuating emotion. I see a lot of hate towards this map from all manners of players. Popular players, passive and disinterested players, and even those that outright avoid this map at any cost treating it like a plague. Like my kid is going to cough all over that parent infesting them with some toilet-obliterating gut bomb ordeal that'll take weeks to sort out.

I wish urban terror players in the fsk405 community would stop associating "superman" with drama. That fucking popular kid that people are prejudiced against because his popularity causes so much drama. So much. Really? So much? Is it so much? Maybe people just don't know how to draw a line in the sand early on and drop misbehaving trolls instead of going through long painful negotiations with teens who have no interest in common relations. But then if this stance is taken, blame is shifted back to the oppressors for beating down the player jus' caus someone needed a lesson that day! It's not good vs evil then, it's power vs intent. Without a clearly defined hero in this situation, bystanders treat the situation as a big to-do of drama and no interest in any involvement, save themselves getting involved.

Superman community is like a ghetto! wtf. Careful, could get caught up in a streetfight if you go there! Complete with name calling and busted grills.

"Well Mr. Parent of a popular kid, bet other Parents wish they had your problems!" And so I accept the awkwardness. The silent hate and avoidance my kid is blamed to cause. Yet my kid brings me happiness and love no matter how much hating anyone admits, or doesn't admit to have. That deep seated disgust behind the smile. I know you do. But I'm smiling too, even if I want to tell you to cut the bullshit and fuck off when I know. At least there's enough respect for me that the hate isn't made apparent to my kid or my kid's friends. They play nicely together, oblivious of the grimaces being flashed just out of view. I know.

I hope you've enjoyed my creative writing exercise. If you feel like responding to this post, I recommend you re-read the first line of this post. Thanks for playing!

• Sorry to hear about your kid and the problems he is having. That's why I got a vasectomy in 1983.

• kid superman isn't having problems. bomb mode rocked tonight

• woot to da bomb !

• Maybe it's best that we not try to involve the community.
    If we were all marooned on an island without much hope of rescue, we would need to come up with some code that we all should live by. No raping the women, no stealing from each other, no stabbing each other with sharp objects, etc.

A game server is an online community, we expect players to follow some code of conduct without sacrificing fun and fair play. I have posted in a sticky thread what I think we need players to follow in order to have things run along smoothly and happily. Superman, for some reason, has always been riff with players (mostly new to the server) that are determined to undermine that. Maybe partly because they see how well some play the map (after years of practice), so they get frustrated. It DOES take a long time to be proficient on Superman!

I'd be willing to talk to anyone whether in TS or PM about how we can lessen or eliminate the drama, and I know others would be also.

Maybe we just need to revamp the whole process of demoing and banning.

• bomb mode rocked tonight

wily duck

no.. you didn't really switch it to bombmode and I missed it out :(
    I remember, once you switched the server to bomb, maybe 2/3 years back and I still remember every moment of the awesomeness. Personally I would love other varieties of the map, like a freezed version of superman2, CAH or Bomb or FTL or what not because they look like a LOT of fun from what I've seen. And what would be the point of adding such great support for these modes if they're not played? Just a thought.

But I did notice that superman server turns more and more into a noob-server if you compare the skill level of the fsk405 pub to the superman server. Not that I have anything against the pub (other than that there's only ppl on at the most horrible times for me :) ) But I think that superman does miss a few more of these people :/

But nonetheless it's still a blast once there's a few regs on!

• We played 4 sets of Bomb Mode. It was a blast, and several players stuck around and played it out. I was surprised to see regulars actually enjoying it.

• Boogie wrote "If we were all marooned on an island without much hope of rescue, we would need to come up with some code that we all should live by. No raping the women, no stealing from each other, no stabbing each other with sharp objects, etc."

If I'm morooned on a island with no rescue, I'm raping those women, especially if they're under like say 35, and I'm stealing their clothes and stabbing anyone who tries to get their clothes back.

• I think what he's trying to say is everyone in the Superman/FSK405 community MUST participate in the Compendium. Even if your selling soda and beer/GTV operator.

This will give you an opportunity to witness the L33t sk!lls of the AceTones.

Sheet, I guess I'm playing up as the popular kid with sh!t on his face

• Well, hud, if it were just me and you, I think I would take a big rock and smash my dick, just in case I ever got any funny notions.

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux