FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• The following demo was reviewed and discussed by the League of Justice for 7 days.

To repeat what I said in the Superman thread, I don't know anyone in the clan, forum or on Superman that doesn't like Devil, so if we're going to open this up into a public analysis, let's keep it focused on the demo. We all agree Devil is an experienced player, knows Superman inside and out, has done a great deal of service as an admin and has become a regular not just on the map and forum, but also on TS. None of that is relevant to the demo.

I am not a hacker expert, but I've volunteered to manage this discussion for the sake of transparency and I'll post some of the analysis by various players, both in FSK405 and out.

I've attached the demo here. All obvious hackers are banned outright by admins on the Superman server. Difficult demos are posted to a league of players who vote and discuss their findings. Almost all demos that get reviewed by the league don't generate enough votes to ban a player, but a majority vote is enough.

This particular demo vote was unanimous to ban with 8 players voting yes and 2 players abstaining.

If you'd like to post your thoughts on the attached demo, it's best to understand how to use shownormals, how to slow down, fast forward and pause the feed.
    ]devil.dm_68[/file]

• The following is one analysis by a league viewer:

1:13 -- patr0n spawns on red roof.
    1:14 -- He faces south and hears footsteps to his right. It cannot be clear whether these footsteps are behind the red shed on the ledge or in the penthouse hallway one floor down. It cannot be clear whether these are friendly footsteps or enemy footsteps because the blue player is out of sight.
    1:15 -- patr0n faces north and hears footsteps to his left. This pinpoints that someone is either behind the shed on the ledge or around the hallway one floor down.
    1:17 -- The blue player moves east from the south side of the shed but is still not in patr0n's view.
    1:18 -- patr0n shoots the corner of the shed wall before the blue player comes into view.
    1:19 -- The blue player comes into view, engages patr0n and dies.
    1:26 -- patr0n says "don't see my dot correclt."

This is classic wallhack behavior. Shoot first before identifying the location by sight, before identifying the player as enemy or friendly. Explain accidental wall shot as something not related to wallhacking.
    1366327002 1356 FT65972 Shot0024

1366327002 1356 FT65972 Shot0025

1366327002 1356 FT65972 Shot0026

1366327002 1356 FT65972 Shot0027

1366327002 1356 FT65972 Shot0028

• Further analysis by another league viewer:

When it's this tough to tell, I focus on intent. Two standout points on intent:

1) Blue flag carrier comes up front of blue and Devil is behind the wall. Moves to engage at perfect time with a slight tracking of carrier before visual confirmation. Then there is the attack on the blue player shortly after which is weak for wallhack but possible radar. After that makes two completely pointless engagements on the flag and then around the corner red brick. No one is at either location. There was no indication that an enemy would be present. What experienced player wastes ammo like that and gives away his position? The first two are suspicious and the last two are noobish. Put together it reeks of some assist being used and concealed.

2) A short time after, Devil spawns on red roof with a enemy behind the shed. I don't hear anything from the blue player. Devil moves to engage with intent and shoots the wall before enemy is visible.
    Devil immediately jerks his aim away from the wall just as the player becomes visible and then reacquires and kills. He then makes a comment that his sights are off. To whom is this comment for? When have the sights in this game ever been off that you line up on a wall and shoot it? This behavior would seem to be extremely rare for an experienced player.

As for the comment on an aimbot, I am also suspicious. If it is used, it is sophisticated and has a weak lock. The end of the demo is the best example. Devil is on Doom roof and engages two enemies on red roof. There is a transition from the left to the right enemy that is odd and seems unnatural - very smooth movement with a strange correction at the end - almost like an arc. Shortly after, he engages a player jumping from doom to pond to doom to red. The last jump - doom to red - seems to have a weak lock mid flight as his aim follows the arc of the enemy pretty damn well. The problem is that the locks are in such short duration that I cannot consider them conclusive.

All said, I believe it's a concealed multi-hack.

• A third analysis by a non-FSK405 regular Superman player. He did not know that patr0n was Devil:

This is clearly an experienced player on this map and in UrT. Evidenced by several mature abilities such as:

Tapping no spamming
    Nade cooking and dropping atop Blue
    Advanced jump sequence to get to Red roof from exec
    Situational awareness (and not, more on this later)
    Some curve moves with soft landings

Now here is where I sense trickeration:

Several times there are clear instances of tracking through walls. It's subtle but it's there. I can elaborate further if you'd like
    Aiming at entities too far to see with out scope
    avoiding team mates from the same distance; somehow focusing on enemies only

In summary, I suspect this is an advanced player who has so finely tweaked his radar, wh, and possibly aim bot that he has avoided detection. Or at best, made it almost impossible to conclude beyond a shadow of a doubt. There are too many bizarre instances where other than typing that are hard to explain (where I think he may be 'scanning'. ) There are some hacks that you can set the FOV or 'range' before they activate. So they only kick in when enemies are within X range. I think this explains why he gets so many hits from so far away unscoped. When on blue roof shooting up to Red, it's not a stretch to place your crosshairs along the leading edge of red roof. What is tough to believe is how accurate and how many hits he gets. I think the aim bot activates only when his xhairs are super close to an enemy for XX milliseconds; otherwise he's a just a good shot. Kinda also explains the sr8 misses. The clearest sign is the WH - several places that he clearly tracks through walls.

Wish there were more demos to support my suspicions; I lack 100% conclusive evidence. But if I had to pick one or the other, I would ban on the clearest evidence - the WH.

• A fourth analysis by a league viewer:

There is a very obvious point in this demo when Blue flag carrier is going from Garage to blue roof and Devil is flying up from blue front arrow. He shoots at the flag carrier coming up from garage through the building. at no point did he view his travel path. He hones in on the shot with what 100% seems to me to be a clear wallhack. He has a keen sense for player position.

• A fifth analysis by a league viewer:

I watched this a dozen times at least, because I wanted certainty.

1) Early in demo, blue roof after killing red FC on smoke stack building: Blue guy on other side of building gave no precise tells of being there (As I reloaded, bandaged, stepped, I could hear ledge grab, one step, one breath), yet cross-hair prepared and take down. Shots following are pure BS rabbit trail shots to mislead specs
    2) Red roof after spawn: This seems to be pure BS. I cannot seem to find anything that tells me the enemy is where the cross-hairs are pointing, and prefire? and then to attempt to justify it with game chat.
    3) There are far too many fishy points for me. I had a [non-FSK405, Superman Regular] watch this, because he has keen hearing and vision. He mentioned the red-roof moment that the player makes some footstep sounds that are clear, but not enough to lead you directly to player position.

#2 is coup de gras. I'm inclined to call cheat on this demo.

• I'd like to point out something... (too bad there isn't any timestamp I could refer to), it was right when he spawned and did a walljump to the roof from exe room... normally. Really fishy how he decided to do a complete 90 degree turn and shoot the flag carrier, whom he's never seen while ignoring a blue player who is right in his view... very atypical behavior.

• Really fishy how he decided to do a complete 90 degree turn and shoot the flag carrier, whom he's never seen while ignoring a blue player who is right in his view... very atypical behavior.

Tranc3r
    I could see him pretty clearly. You using 110?

1366339307 1814 FT65972 Shot0375

• I’m just going to address two of the comments quick

“When on blue roof shooting up to Red, it's not a stretch to place your crosshairs along the leading edge of red roof. What is tough to believe is how accurate and how many hits he gets. I think the aim bot activates only when his xhairs are super close to an enemy for XX milliseconds;”

It’s really not that hard to believe, you just have to take his monitor size into account. There’s no way in hell I could have done that on my old 17in monitor, everyone is just too small. On a larger monitor these shots are some of the easiest to do on the map. I’ve hardly played the last few months and I just jumped on the server and did it.

“What experienced player wastes ammo like that and gives away his position?”

I pre-fire a lot during matches personally, it’s just necessary against the high skill level you go against. If you’re at least “kindasorta” confident someone’s around that corner why the hell not? I don’t really do it on superman because it’s kind of pointless against the average player skill level on the server, but if you are used to doing it when you play other maps I can see why you’d keep doing it out of habit.

The whole shooting the shed and “don't see my dot correclt.” thing, I really don’t know what that’s about. He obviously knows he’s aimed on the wall since he’s doing it to hide his laser dot (maybe that’s what the comment is about?) so shooting doesn’t make sense. If you watch the rest of the demo there are a few accidental single shots at absolutely nothing. He could have been pressing down on his mouse1 with some slight finger pressure to get ready for the shot and pushed too hard. It was two shots, its not like he tried bursting the guy down with ten through a wall.

• due to the fact i'm not at home i'll have to comment your analyses on sunday.

If you review that demo as a public player:
    - use a (good) headset
    - crosshair: small dot // size: 10 // crosshairrgb: BanMe's secret lemongreen selfmade
    - set cl_drawclock 1 (pretty important for spawntimes)
    - use fov 110
    - remember my ping is 150+
    - I'm playing on 1920x1080 - 24" or higher - dunno right now
    - sensitivity is 1 at 1000 dpi - so if you're in front of me you're dead, if you can jump over me you're lucky because mouseaccel is turned off in my actual cfg

Dumno what to add else - just reviewed it once when crazy uploaded it.It's never clever to moan about hacks if you get killed in a row and join spec then. Do a reconnect with an alias would be more efficient

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux This topic is now closed