FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• FSK405 & Friends Sunday Scrim! March 17, 2013

-= FSK405 Sunday Night Scrim =-

March 17, 2013 8:00est

Battle Rant By: fu daddy

Scrim Settings: (Settings per FSK405 Member Discussions)

FSK405 members have the right to ask minors to sit out.
    Server Password changed.
    FSK405 members are allowed to Spectate if teams are even and a match is in progress.
    Balanced Teams Required unless the captains choose otherwise. If there are an uneven number of available players the facilitator will ask for a volunteer to Substitute. If no player volunteers, the captains will select a player. Substitutes will be logged to insure no one is a consistent SUB.
    (NOTE: SUB's can be a valued asset to a team being the eyes, ears, and voice of the team dont view it as a punishment.)
    All above settings can be modified per captains approval.
    TS3Players will NOT move themselves to the "Staging -LOCKED-" channel; Please allow the Facilitator(s) to move you.
    Role will be called prior to each round, and players will be moved to Staging -LOCKED- channel by a Facilitator upon player confirmation.
    Once players have been moved to the "Staging-LOCKED-" channel, all (confirmed) eligible players are locked in. If teams are uneven, FSK405 members have first dibs.
    Captains have ~10 minutes for strats; if more time is required, please inform a Facilitator
    All players must have a *proper* connection

Round 1: Laneway
    Facilitator: DankRider (Thanks!)
    SUB: -none-
    Red Captain: Acetone
    Blue Captain: XP
    Red = 0
    Blue = 1

Blue seemed to own most of the map most of the time but could never pull off a cap. The roofs were a constant battle point, as was the main road. Blue kept pushing red back into spawn and finally capped at the very end. The farthest red got the flag was mid way down the road. The strategy of taking red's little room by their flag was very effective.

Round 2: Bluedroid
    Facilitator: fu daddy
    SUB:
    Red Captain: Frog
    Blue Captain: Reflux
    Red = 1
    Blue = 2

A quick cap by red at the beginning might have spelled doom for blue. However, blue fought off dank's relentless attacks through the middle and Acetone's barrage from the left. XP tried and mostly succeeded in owning the top of the map with his noober goggles (stop shooting me!). Reflux made some nice runs for blue, which used some great backup to get two caps home. Blue then fended red's last rush off to win 2-1. Well played round.

Round 3: Roma
    Facilitator: fu daddy
    SUB: -none-
    Red Captain: DankRider
    Blue Captain: Pockets
    Red = 4
    Blue = 9

The luck o' the irish seemed to be with blue on this one. For the first part of the round, everything went blue's way, including about a 5-6 cap lead. I was playing semi defense on the left for blue, trying to hold off frog and littlefoot. Acetone managed to cause some havoc in red 's spawn, and R, Yet, and Pockets controlled the mid and right side. red called timeout, but for once it was too little, to late. Red managed to pull closer, but blue capped late again and won 9-4. The highlight of the map was me knifing Reflux, who was hiding in the fetal position with the flag. I could literally feel him cry when I did so. It felt so good.

Good rounds everyone! Come back next week for more action!
    1363606905 343 FT0 Round1

1363606905 343 FT0 Round2

1363606905 343 FT0 Round3

• Excellent rounds this week! Mostly nail biting close games where either team could win. Kudos to the captains and facilitators who picked fun maps and balanced teams!

Round 1: Great to see my Nemesis XP returning to the fray! Not so great that he finally pulled out out a victory against his arch rival :-(. At least we didn't make it easy on him. Laneway is usually decided by 1 cap, and we almost went into OT this round! Red had Blue spawn camped a few times but the multiple spawn points kept that from becoming an issue for Blue. Felt like a tug-o-war with Blue finally pulling out the win. Don't get used to the sweet smell of success, XP, next time you're going down!

Round 2: Chalk one up for Reflux on a HUGE win against stats leader Frog! Reflux, did you know there was a collective sigh from your team mates when they saw they were picked by you to go up against Frog? (hahahaha just kidding, this probably didn't actually happen....or did it? ;-) ) That second cap when your flag carried fell into the pit was a big moment in this match. Red was so close to returning but couldn't pull it off. The other big moment was the flag stand off. Good job on that return, Blue. Look at Clown Booger bringing both caps home for Blue! Great round!

Round 3: Would have been a wider margin win by blue if GuinnaceTone (who like Frog, had a few Stouts in him) didn't keep shooting his own spawn camping team mate and buddy R. Sorry R! Give it up for Pockets who came up with some great strats, made clutch returns, and took the opportunity to adapt strats to maximize our teams efficacy! Look who's talking about fetal positions, Fu! Wan't that you in the same posture on the previous map trying to hide inside Red's base with the flag behind a crate? Funny how that didn't make the battle rants, isn't it?! :-)

Another excellent scrim FSK and Friends - thanks for the good times!

• I know my team was "worried" when I entered the channel. It seemed stacked against us, but I know BC can shoot, XP can snipe, and Pockets is crafty like his daddy. And then there's fuO'daddy. It's a matter of knowing your opponents and being careful with the flag, which brings up my next point.

I grabbed the second cap at the most inopportune time. Somebody on red spawned, met me at the flag, and instantly started shooting at me, mostly missing, but with a couple of critical hits. I cleared the corners and tried to backstep and defend myself at the same time. Then...the pit. I walked backwards, right into the pit with two bad guys staring me down. I shot and shot and shot until no ammo remained. They jumped in and finished me off. All the while, Cougar was coming to the rescue. Had he not arrived, it would have certainly been an overtime match.

As for the return against LF, I knew where he was hiding, but I just couldn't get to him from the top. There's no way to come in from ground floor, it's simply too protected. Every time I climbed up on the pillars, Frog would gun me down. Once in the room, it was a race down the ramps. Every single corner I turned, there was LF's little tail, but no body, ducking the next turn. I knew when we hit the bottom floor, it was going to be an ambush, so I had to be quick. I do believe, had it not been for the new insta-return, I would not have succeeded.

Absolutely intense round. The best type to play.

-Me

• Reflux: learn to use xsplit, it wold have been cool to watch

• Well Put reflux, Sad thing is your reference to Bluedroid and you falling into the pit. Team red knew the flag was there I think I made the Reflux kill shot. You all got our flanks and fought your way out. Incredible! Thtat pip spells doom without the flag.

Laneway Red Win? FoPappy the head shot master held the apt roofs well. And the defender was a good move Trancer.

~~~~

Some of the best Scrims the past couple weeks. Balanced teams with flag captures that are nothing short of solid teamwork.

I think it was Docks last week as each blue team member had the flag at least once inching their way too a cap victory. Thats the kind of intensity the scrims have had.

~~~~~~~~ PS. GJ Pockets you spawn camping w!mp 'Sore looser'

After Thought @ Sasquatch - You could actually play in the scrim instead of hiding out in Bf3 :-) I know there are a few f us that would enjoy a Bf3 scrim as well.

• ggs, made 4.2 seem playable after you guys let me be on the winning team a few times :)

• After Thought @ Sasquatch - You could actually play in the scrim instead of hiding out in Bf3 :-) I know there are a few f us that would enjoy a Bf3 scrim as well.

DankRider

Unfortunately i wasnt playing either game, busy working this weekend both around the house and for my job. If I do play on Sunday scrim I try to get in some URT, I just didnt this weekend.

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux