FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• -= FSK405 Sunday Night Scrim =-

March 04, 2012 8:00est

Battle Rant By: AceTone (substituting again this week for his most awesomeness xYster)

Scrim Settings: (Settings per FSK405 Member Discussions)

• FSK405 members have the right to ask minors to sit out.
    • Server Password changed after teams are picked but is always the same during warm-up!
    • FSK405 members are allowed to Spectate if teams are even and a match is in progress.
    • Balanced Teams Required unless the captains choose otherwise. If there are an uneven number of available players the facilitator will ask for a volunteer to Substitute. If no player volunteers, the captains will select a player. Substitutes will be logged to insure no one is a consistent SUB.
      (NOTE: SUB's can be a valued asset to a team being the eyes, ears, and voice of the team dont view it as a punishment.)
    • All above settings can be modified per captains approval.
    • TS3Players will NOT move themselves to the "Staging -LOCKED-" channel; Please allow the Facilitator(s) to move you.
    • Role will be called prior to each round, and players will be moved to Staging -LOCKED- channel by a Facilitator upon player confirmation.
    • Once players have been moved to the "Staging-LOCKED-" channel, all (confirmed) eligible players are locked in. If teams are uneven, FSK405 members have fist dibs.
    • Captains have ~10 minutes for strats; if more time is required, please inform a Facilitator
    • All players must have a *proper* connection

Pre-rant: Thanks to all who showed and captained, especially xYster the most awesomest facilitator and battle rant poster evar! Risk, we hope your grapefruit fingers heal soon!

Round 1: Algiers
    Facilitator: the awesome xYster
    SUB: -McDuff and Sasha-
    Red Captain: RELENTLESS
    Blue Captain: XP
    Red = 07
    Blue = 04

Overview: In what seemed a lopsided start leaning towards Red (yes, even though Blue had the extra player) the game turned out to be very exciting and close enough! Red dominated early capping 4 times before Blue squeezed one out. With a surge towards the end, Blue capped 4 more times nipping on Red's heels. But too little too late, Red capped yet a few more to cinch the win. Nasty was just plain nasty sniping from deep behind Red's base with Truth filling in on the snipes while resting his tired legs from all the capping. Kudos to Blue for keeping their spirits up and regrouping before conceding defeat. GG!

Round 2: Proving Grounds
    Facilitator: the awesomer xYster
    SUB: -None-
    Red Captain: Sasquatch
    Blue Captain: xYster
    Red = 02
    Blue = 04

Overview: Even teams, Even map, even that won't keep XP and Truth from leading their team to another win! Blue came back strong after an early cap by Red to win it. Another good match!

Round 3: Tunis
    Facilitator: the awesomest xYster
    SUB: -KittyWumpus*-
    Red Captain: AceTone (xYster picked teams)
    Blue Captain: KittyWumpus*(xYster picked teams)
    Red = 02
    Blue = 03

Overview: In an effort to keep the game moving, xYster quickly picked even teams and both sides captained up for what was probably the fastest match set-up yet. After 2 initial caps by Red, Blue turned it around for a W. Truth dropping his vests and running away like a true Canadian made all the difference in this one. GG!

Excellent Scrim again this week!!!
    Thanks to all who showed and to the captains and facilitator who quickly picked maps/teams and kept the night moving!!!

~~~~~Post Your Battle Rant Here~~~~~

• very close matches overall

after you guys got the first cap on proving grounds and defended so well I thought that we would never get a cap

when I lost the first cap in the flag standoff on tunis i facepalmed IRL, i mentioned tunis as a joke in ts3 when we were picking maps and then everybody wanted to play it, turns out its not such a bad map after all.

had lots of fun playing with you guys the last couple weeks, luckily havent ever been stuck on the same team as Acetone :P

next week lets play Leave, Superman and Paradise

• Our first match was hardcore conquest on Operation Firestorm. Zellis and Yoda (xyvyx) stepped up to be our captains for this match. Well Yoda was kind of volunteered ;) hehe. And what kind of soldier name is xyvyx, huh? you should work changing that.. EA lets you do it now :)

Kitty also joined us tonight. I hope you had fun. This game seems to fit you :)

Anyway, I think we got an early start on this game, we dominated and got the lead at the beginning, xyster as heli pilot and me as the co-pilot we managed to kill a few choppers and tanks right away, leaving our team to the task of capturing the flag objectives. It got tougher as the game progress as they started to use the soflams and guided missiles more effectively. We had even managed to loop around and steal their vehicle resources a couple of times. MUHAHAHAH. Im still trying to figure out how I didnt get any kills, xyster must have been credited with my kills in the chopper, Yeah thats it.....

It looks like superfly was the big killer in this game. good going super!! It was a fun game, at least for us. Frog did say that he wanted the next game to NOT BE CONQUEST ....

I'd like to thank Earl and GranDavid for captaining the next four rounds. These rounds were all squad rush on Sharqi Peninsula. The defense on all of these rounds were the victor. The offense had some close moments in each round of setting the objective but only once was it successful and that was with GranDavids team. It looks like towards the end of our last round a pub player joined us but i didn't notice it at the time.

I dont remember our strategy on this next round except that I myself tried to keep the top level clear of opponents on both of the buildings. Frog was a bit of a pain giving us crossfire from the opposite building hiding on the stairway. I was lucky enough to see him to get rid of the threat.

Asides from the awards I like to recognize Kitty the top scorer of our defense and Hatchet with best k/d ratio.

In this round we tried to take the hill high ground on the attackers left to provide support for the objective team. It didn't help much as Yoda (xyvyx) and TopTank were flanking us there. I did almost have the objective set twice and killed a few while doing it. But no Cigar for me :(

We lost a few players in these next rounds. In this particular round we were on defense down a player from offense. They did get our first objective in this round but we held our ground in the second objective. DAMN Yoda and his sniper gun, I think he got me more than once with a long shot. I set up both a MAV and radio at the objective to give us spawn point and enemy detection. as the team spawn didn't seem to be working as we thought. We were breached a couple of times but managed to defuse the issue.

In this round we were just out manned and outgunned. I will note though at the very end of the round when we only had a couple of tickets left we decided to sit back and just fire/snipe into the base objective. which may have been a winning strategy if we only started it sooner. we got a few satisfying kills here even though we lost.

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux