FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• First game was TDM on caspian boarders. Dank and xyster stepped up to be captains, Dank provided an excellent strategy of trying to hold the stone hill at one corner of the map. This gave us a good overview of half of the map that was defensible. We lost ground there a couple of times but we kept working at it and held it most of the game. some of us scouted out to other parts of the map to flush but bush. Talen was my favorite target this game :)

The remaining rounds were all squad Rush maps and were captained by Frog and Starman. Thanks to all the captains for stepping up. Setting the ticket limit was challenging in this game mode, and i have come to the conclusion that the correct setting is dependent on the map. In both maps that we play the outcome was the same regardless of which team was on offense. The first map pair Kharg Island the advantage goes to Defense, where 40 tickets are not enough to set the first objectives because it is on the second floor of an open structure which is easily defensible from distant snipers. Neither team were able to push for an offensive win on this map. The defense was given the extra player in both rounds, as FartVapors came in at the last minute and we decided to let him play rather than sit out.

Unlike the first Squad Rush rounds. Strike at Karkand proved to be a Offense advantage map. Even though the tickets were the same both offensive teams were easily and quickly able to achieve victory through both objectives. Even the start of the map proved to be hazardous for the defense as Jets fly in and topple the top floors of the building where the objective is and crush any defender trying to set up a perimeter. Note to self best to hold back from the objective for a few moments at the start of the game or get crushed. P.S. I did enjoy how big Danks head seemed in this round ;)

I had a great time tonight regardless of win or loose, I think the teams were pretty well matched. we set up the teams fast and played some fast and furious matches. I hope you all had fun too.

• -= FSK405 Sunday Night Scrim =-

February 26, 2012 8:00est

Battle Rant By: AceTone (substituting again this week for his most awesomeness xYster)

Scrim Settings: (Settings per FSK405 Member Discussions)

• FSK405 members have the right to ask minors to sit out.
    • Server Password changed after teams are picked but is always the same during warm-up!
    • FSK405 members are allowed to Spectate if teams are even and a match is in progress.
    • Balanced Teams Required unless the captains choose otherwise. If there are an uneven number of available players the facilitator will ask for a volunteer to Substitute. If no player volunteers, the captains will select a player. Substitutes will be logged to insure no one is a consistent SUB.
      (NOTE: SUB's can be a valued asset to a team being the eyes, ears, and voice of the team dont view it as a punishment.)
    • All above settings can be modified per captains approval.
    • TS3Players will NOT move themselves to the "Staging -LOCKED-" channel; Please allow the Facilitator(s) to move you.
    • Role will be called prior to each round, and players will be moved to Staging -LOCKED- channel by a Facilitator upon player confirmation.
    • Once players have been moved to the "Staging-LOCKED-" channel, all (confirmed) eligible players are locked in. If teams are uneven, FSK405 members have fist dibs.
    • Captains have ~10 minutes for strats; if more time is required, please inform a Facilitator
    • All players must have a *proper* connection

Pre-rant: Thanks to all who showed and captained, especially xYster the most awesomest facilitator and battle rant poster evar! Risk, we hope your grapefruit fingers heal soon!

Round 1: Ramelle
    Facilitator: the awesome xYster
    SUB: -None-
    Red Captain: RELENTLESS
    Blue Captain: Reflux
    Red = 03
    Blue = 01

Overview: Good game. Red basically pushed past the 50-yard and held it. XP and THE_KID (Nasty) supported Red from the high-ground with their annoying but effective roof-top gaygle sniping techniques. Blue put up a good fight and almost scored a second cap but that wouldn't have been enough anyway. GG

Round 2: Leave Beta 2
    Facilitator: the awesomer xYster
    SUB: -Risk- and -XP-
    Red Captain: KittyWumpus*
    Blue Captain: Furby
    Red = 30
    Blue = 01

Overview: No shutout! That was the only highlight of this round. Facilitators mentioned that they felt teams were even going in, and are still scratching their heads as to how we ended up with such a lopsided round. Guess you never know!

Round 3: Metropolis_B2
    Facilitator: the awesomest xYster
    SUB: -Risk-
    Red Captain: AceTone
    Blue Captain: RedScull
    Red = 04
    Blue = 02

Overview: Finally after 3 weeks of losing matches my team delivers a win! Thank you thank you thank you! Excellent round! Blue took the early lead but Red persisted (despite the 'no hits!' cries heard from several team mates)! Score would have been higher if AssTone didn't TK Mushroom inside Blue's spawn - sorry Mush! Danger!

Excellent Scrim again this week!!!
    Thanks to all who showed and to the captains and facilitator who quickly picked maps/teams and kept the night moving!!!

~~~~~Post Your Battle Rant Here~~~~~

• Hai guise. Did my best to provide the battle rants but wasn't taking any notes. Can anyone help fill in the blanks and I'll edit the rant? kthxbai.

• Great job Assytone, and great scrims for both UrT and BF3. I will say this, starman makes the most excellent captain in demonstrating his "Never give up!" approach as he struggled for nearly 5 minutes to disarm the M-Com. Did I mention he was on the attackers side?

Last round, waiting for the FartVapors swap...

You guys have no respect for authority, do you?

Sasquatch

:)

• For all to note... Welcome GranDavid to the darkside. He showed up for our second round in our URT scrim. It was a bad game to show up though, as we got our clocks cleaned.

• good games yet again FSK - thanks for providing us a place to play!
    XP

• Yeah, reflux good comment, I chuckled over starman and that event for quite a while. Especially when he said something like "I think I need to check my key bindings as my disarm key is not working!"

I guess he did get team switched in mid round, which is confusing, but still one of those he'll never live down.

• It was I as Cap few round 1. Was a great match!

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux