FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• -= FSK405 Sunday Night Scrim =-
    November 6, 2011 8:00est
    Battle Rant By: Xyster
    Scrim Settings: (Settings per FSK405 Member Discussions)
    • FSK405 members have the right to ask minors to sit out.
    • Server Password did not change.
    • FSK405 members are allowed to Spectate if teams are even and a match is in progress.
    • Balanced Teams Required unless the captains choose otherwise. If there are an uneven number of available players the facilitator will ask for a volunteer to Substitute. If no player volunteers, the captains will select a player. Substitutes will be logged to insure no one is a consistent SUB. (NOTE: SUB's can be a valued asset to a team being the eyes, ears, and voice of the team dont view it as a punishment.)
    • All above settings can be modified per captains approval.
    • TS3Players will NOT move themselves to the "Staging -LOCKED-" channel; Please allow the Facilitator(s) to move you.
    • Role will be called prior to each round, and players will be moved to Staging -LOCKED- channel by a Facilitator upon player confirmation.
    • Once players have been moved to the "Staging-LOCKED-" channel, all (confirmed) eligible players are locked in. If teams are uneven, FSK405 members have fist dibs.
    • Captains have ~10 minutes for strats; if more time is required, please inform a Facilitator
    • All players must have a *proper* connection
    Pre-rant.. We tried out a new server tonight. Special thanks goes out to Reflux for taking time out of his busy schedule to set it up! Thanks again! Please let us know your thoughts on the server... hits? lag? praise or whatever... Round 1: Sliema Facilitator: Xyster SUB: -none- Red Captain: Buzz Blue Captain: Acetone Red = 06 Blue = 01 Overview: Great first match to start out the night. Red prepared to get spawn camped, which didn't really happen. Blue was held back at their 25 most of the round.
    Round 2: Terrorism 3 Facilitator: Xyster SUB: -none- Red Captain: Frog Blue Captain: Hatchetman Red = 23 Blue = 04 Overview: Great job to Frog and his impeccable strats. Match had a slow start because someone was AFK on Blue... hrm... Red did some spawn camping and ran a train on Blue. Buzzkill had enough of it and rage quit the last couple minutes. I would have too if I was getting my ass kicked like that!
    Round 3: Tohunga B9 Facilitator: Xyster SUB: -none- Red Captain: Russa Blue Captain: Zellis Red Rnd 1= 16 Blue Rnd 1= 01 Red Rnd 2= 00 Blue Rnd 2= 09 Overview: Something was wrong with the Blue side at the start of the match. Turns out this new version of Tohunga is Red sided. But, after teams were swapped after 10 minutes, the map changed to a Blue sided map. It had to be a bug that the developer missed while compiling. During the first round, Blue decided to be dicks and pass the flag to each other through the fence. Learn how to jump over it next time.
    Excellent Scrim again this week!!! Thanks to all who showed!!! 1
    ~~~~~Post Your Battle Rant Here~~~~~

• I like the server overall. Even though my ping was higher (around 90 versus 70 for Texas), I didn't notice any real change in hits. My net graph did start to see some server lag in the second round near the end though. Yay for Reflux!

• 1st round hits where good, 2nd round hits where the exact opposite. Russa was Swiss cheese and im sure he thinks i was the same lol. GGs cya next week.

• Dank- I have the rant copied into next weeks form. Missed it last week. Ty!

Server- I hit fine. Ping was solid 98. Surprisingly, I didn't have to move my shots to adjust to a higher number.

Tohunga- /delete

• MMM Sunday scrim, First round looked like the teams were evenly skill . Our strat was just not to allow the other team to spawn came. I secured the right side with my GuyGravy, only allowing Dank to get to his favorite spawn camp spot only 3 times. If I went down then others would move to secure my spot again. I think the mid and left routes worked the same, secure the non spawn camp. Red usually loses on this map (spawn camped from the right, left and top, but not this time. I have to say that the communication on my team was excellent, which I think gave us the advantage.

Second round Terrorism 3, that blue flag got touched almost as much as Xyster mom at a frat party. We had them locked down in there base from the left and from the right. Xyster I think got into the spawn a few times (little bastard). Hatchet and his band of fairies got real colon cleaning that round.

The third round Tuhonga, my Clan played this one in ftw a few times and learned the blue flag can be passed through the fence. This was a new version of Tuhonga but the fence still wasn't fixed and we passed the flag through the fence at an incredible rate at one time. I think jason got away with it 3 times in a row without dying. Red does have the advantage on this map for two reasons. First the blue flag waves toward our spawn allowing for the flag to poke through the fense when dropped. Second the center fense is easier to get over with a double wall jump. We felt bad after 10 minutes with a score of (16 to 1) and decided to switch sides for the last 10 minutes. Funny thing is "Russa's Gravy Train" countinued to dominate the other teams flag. Jason and Dank did a great job of doing a triple wall jump to get over the fense the second half of the match. The center route is the key to flag running on that map. Note: "always put you best jumpers on that route". My hat is off to both Dank and Jason for doing a superb job on the center route. Great team work by all both halfs.

GG's

• where is the new server located? anxious to see where my ping will settle in at when changes are final...

• I believe it is located in a remote location in Rocky Mountains of Colorado. It's Reflux's home away from home.

• We played on a VPS located in Denver. I want to experiment with it and see how well it behaves for people since it has become an option for us. The current setup was a dual core Xeon Nehalem gig. We are allowed to raise this, based on how much we want to pay, up to 8 cores for our VPS. We also have the option of Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, LA, NY, San Jose, & Seattle for locations.

I think our only viable options are Denver, Chicago, Dallas. Any other choice looks like it would have an adverse affect for westerners and easterners. Though, Fokker and I thought Seattle would be nice. :)

Just so you all know, the costs right now are coming out of my pocket simply because I want to play around with our options and learn something from them. Some bullet biting has to be done in order to do this. What I want to accomplish over the next few months is move the VPS from Denver to Chicago, and then to Dallas, giving us ample time to see what fits all of us the best.

-R

• Awww, bummed I missed this week. My ping would be insane from just a few miles outside Denver. Let me know if there is anything you need "boots on the ground" for hereabouts. Glad to spot check your facility or whatever...
    Happy trails.

•  

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux