FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• -= FSK405 Sunday Night Scrim =-
    September 11, 2011 8:00est
    Battle Rant By: KittyWumpus*
    Scrim Settings: (Settings per FSK405 Member Discussions)
    • FSK405 members have the right to ask minors to sit out.
    • Server Password is changed.
    • FSK405 members are allowed to Spectate if teams are even and a match is in progress.
    • Balanced Teams Required unless the captains choose otherwise. If there are an uneven number of available players the facilitator will ask for a volunteer to Substitute. If no player volunteers, the captains will select a player. Substitutes will be logged to insure no one is a consistent SUB. (NOTE: SUB's can be a valued asset to a team being the eyes, ears, and voice of the team dont view it as a punishment.)
    • All above settings can be modified per captains approval.
    • TS3Players will NOT move themselves to the "Staging -LOCKED-" channel; Please allow the Facilitator(s) to move you.
    • Role will be called prior to each round, and players will be moved to Staging -LOCKED- channel by a Facilitator upon player confirmation.
    • Once players have been moved to the "Staging-LOCKED-" channel, all (confirmed) eligible players are locked in. If teams are uneven, FSK405 members have fist dibs.
    • Captains have ~10 minutes for strats; if more time is required, please inform a Facilitator
    • All players must have a *proper* connection
    Pre-rant.. Great turn-out this week! Now that FTW has finished up, we are seeing more people for the Sunday Scrim! This week, FSK had a (shortish) meeting, so there was a small delay. Also, I would love some suggestions for "between round" maps; maybe some we do not play as often, ones that are not balanced enough for match play, etc. Round 1: Horror Facilitator: KittyWumpus* SUB: -none- Red Captain: KittyWumpus* Blue Captain: AceTone Red = 10 Blue = 09 Overview:. As mentioned, FSK had a meeting, so this first round was predominantly non-FSK. Initially, it looked like we would be able to get a 5v5 going, but then two more players showed up making it a nice 6v6. I decided to simply create two teams (as even as I felt would work), assigning myself as Red Captain, AceTone as Blue Captain. Everyone was asked for map ideas, and the winner was Facade.. until we loaded it up and discovered that nearly every player had a missing sound. Map makers.. grrr. I offered Horror as a substitute, and we went with it. As you can tell by the scores, it was a decently even scrim! Red got off to a slamming start with 5 caps before Blue managed one. Blue found some magic, and began to eek out a small lead of a cap or two several times, before the game tied up at 9-9 with just over one minute to go. A short flag stand-off, and then with 11 seconds to go, Red capped. Blue managed to grab the flag two more times, but never made it far. Solid match!
    Round 2: Turnpike Facilitator: KittyWumpus* SUB: Blown306Cougar, SexyWifey Red Captain: Earl Blue Captain: Peter_G Red = 05 Blue = 11 Overview: Hmmm... should I whine? Should I moan? Why would I ask this? Well, teams were picked, map picked, sides picked. Cougar on Red as a Sub. Keeper shows up. A quick meeting with the Captains, and it was decided to allow Blue to include Keeper, and then allow the players to have a volunteer Sub instead of having Keeper be forced to Sub (due to showing after teams were picked). Of course Blue opted to have Keeper play, and Wifey volunteered to take his place as Sub for Blue (I witnessed her volunteering). Did this make a difference? I am pretty sure Wifey will not be insulted.. at least I hope she will not be.. but, I feel Keeper made a difference. With even teams and well-versed players, 9v9 for Turnpike will typically end with a Blue victory, depending on how spawn-camp crazy everyone gets. This time, it was definitely a battle involving spawn-camping. I think it was still a great round, and I have nothing to whine or moan about. Well played!!!
    Round 3: Company Facilitator: KittyWumpus* SUB: Blown306Cougar (part of the round) Red Captain: FuDaddy Blue Captain: Xyster Red = 10 Blue = 04 Overview:. A nice challenge round! Xyster challenged FuDaddy, and the two decided on Company for the map. This, boys and girls, is why being a Captain is so much fun! You get to pick maps we do not play as much. However, IMO, care must be exercised; a map most are unfamiliar with can sour the moods of some or most of the players. Did Company do that? I am not sure. I actually like this map, and the team I was on had few complaints (if any?). Winning might have had a hand in that though. This one is easier for the Blue to spawn camp Red than Red to spawn camp Blue, as Red spawns in a single space, while Red has a bit more of a spread to their spawn points. With a very quick Flag-To-Flag route, this one can turn nasty quickly if a team gets owned. But, as I alluded to earlier, some might not have been as familiar with this map, thus making trains a bit rough to get going. I had a blast, and really enjoyed playing something a bit different. NOTE: Pmac had issues part way through this round, so it was agreed to allow Cougar to un-Sub and finish the round with even teams.
    Excellent Scrim again this week!!! Thanks to all who showed!!! And remember- next week, same place, same time!!! Be there or be... or.. I will cry. Lol.
    ~~~~~Post Your Battle Rant Here~~~~~

Rnd1

Rnd2

Rnd3

• NOTE: Horror...
    Prior to playing, I asked players to check some settings for some min values. these cvars are:
    com_HunkMEGS (768 or 1024 is my suggestion; higher unnecessary IMO)
    com_soundMEGS (16 or higher)
    com_zoneMEGS (24 or higher)

With all players having these settings, Horror was played with no issues. Well, except for mdmbkr dropping from TS3 and the game, lol. Unrelated though...

• Not sure why I dropped. But I made up for it with a cool cap!

Thanks for another fun scrim! =)

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux