FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• -= FSK405 Sunday Night Scrim =-
    August 7, 2011 8:00est
    Battle Rant By: KittyWumpus*
    Scrim Settings: (Settings per FSK405 Member Discussions)
    • FSK405 members have the right to ask minors to sit out.
    • Server Password is changed.
    • FSK405 members are allowed to Spectate if teams are even and a match is in progress.
    • Balanced Teams Required unless the captains choose otherwise. If there are an uneven number of available players the facilitator will ask for a volunteer to Substitute. If no player volunteers, the captains will select a player. Substitutes will be logged to insure no one is a consistent SUB. (NOTE: SUB's can be a valued asset to a team being the eyes, ears, and voice of the team dont view it as a punishment.)
    • All above settings can be modified per captains approval.
    • TS3Players will NOT move themselves to the "Staging -LOCKED-" channel; Please allow the Facilitator(s) to move you.
    • Role will be called prior to each round, and players will be moved to Staging -LOCKED- channel by a Facilitator upon player confirmation.
    • Once players have been moved to the "Staging-LOCKED-" channel, all (confirmed) eligible players are locked in. If teams are uneven, FSK405 members have fist dibs.
    • Captains have ~10 minutes for strats; if more time is required, please inform a Facilitator
    Pre-rant.. Another great week, with excellent turn-out! It would be even better if we could get a few more people willing to take the plunge and be captains. You get to pick maps, teammates.. fun stuff! Round 1: heckenschuetze_fix Facilitator: KittyWumpus* SUB: -none- Red Captain: Pmac Blue Captain: FSK405A Red = 00 Blue = 02 Overview:. Well played first round! This turned out to be a "battle of the goggles." Lots of smoke, lots of sniping, lots of tunnel work.. just a whole lot of great playing. If I had to cite one factor as benefiting Blue most, it would have to be.. comfort with goggles and smoke. Three of Blue's players regularly do so, while only one of Red's players could claim this. That aside, this was an intense round.
    Round 2: Druglord Facilitator: KittyWumpus* SUB: -none- (XP) Red Captain: Explorateur Blue Captain: AceTone Red = 03 Blue = 01 Overview: Another well fought, intense round! Red ended up with an extra player due to a player on Blue not being able to play (last minute fiasco). Since Red can theoratically be cited as having a (slight) advantage, plus having an extra player, the captains agreed that should Red end up with three points and Blue with zero, one Red would sub. This is what happened, so XP graciously volunteered and sub'd up as Red got their third cap, just past the halfway point. Blue was then able to begin catching up, but time simply was not on their side, and the round ended with a nice win by Red. Great playing by all, great sportsmanship as well.
    Round 3: Austria Facilitator: KittyWumpus* SUB: -none- Red Captain: Xyster Blue Captain: Wizard Red = 03 Blue = 04 Overview:. Wizard stepped up to captain.. on his second week of taking part in our Sunday Scrim.. thank you!!! Wizard is one of those players who comes to us via Superman; it truly is nice to see this migration occuring! Several maps were discussed, but in the end, it was agreed to stick to a map that people knew; this time, Austria. Not a common choice, and this one played, once again, with unbalanced teams. Sun Scrim is about fun, and this round was. A medium size map with a decent amount of area to cover, it stretched Red's seven player team a bit thin at times. IMO, this made for excellent game play, and demanded a very head's up style of play on everyone's part. Very close game, and IMO, it was the flag stand-off of over five minutes that took us into the final quarter of play that gave Blue the chance to hold down the fort and prevent Red from getting that tying cap. Yes, sounding like a broken record now.. another great round!!!
    Excellent Scrim again this week!!! Thanks to all who showed!!! And remember- next week, same place, same time!!! Be there or be... or.. I will cry. Lol.
    ~~~~~Post Your Battle Rant Here~~~~~

Rnd1

Rnd2

Rnd3

• It was great to get back into the game after almost 3 months of "real world" stuff. Thanks for having me again!

And next week .. maybe I can even captain, if my strats aren't too complicated for everyone!

• First 2 rounds were excellent! Some random comments/battle rants:

Nikki is doing a heck of a job facilitating! What with all the connection issues players had, some technical ones, and the desire to keep things moving quickly, managing the scrims can become intense at times. And the battle rants are so accurate and spot-on - they really give us all an objective flavor of the night's events. Thanks Nikki!

Great to see Wizard the Warlock casting his spells as a captain! Sorry I missed that round - looked like another awesome round!

Welcome back Mdmbkr - excellent playing with and against you as always. Enjoyed listening to that tv show you were watching in the background - sounded like a comedy! :-)

XP.... ah XP. Gotta admit it was a lot of fun challenging you as a captain! You are a fair sportsman and share in the true 'fun' spirit of the scrims. As captain, I always agree to play 1 man down with uneven teams rather than have anyone sit out. And XP graciously agreed to sub out himself if his team started to runaway with the round; considering Red not only had a 1 man advantage (which could be huge in a game) but also had the color/side advantage on that map too. While Round 2 Druglord may have 'technically' gone to Captain XP's Red team - I assert that Blue actually won! Within a mere minute or two of even teams, Blue scored a cap against Red. After that it was a stalemate. So, in my (twisted) mind, Blue won that round 1-0 over Red! Also consider another sobering metric: Red had 229 deaths while Blue had only 207 - and those numbers don't even take into account XPs accumulated deaths while he was in-game (before going sub). Not to mention a couple of added deaths on Blue due to several 'well placed hurts' via helicopter rotors (Nikki and me) and you have a differential of at least 24. So take that XP! Your team got outplayed and outshot! You actually lost! hahahahah :-)

See ya all next time!

• Well acetone when you take red's deaths into account and divide them over the number of drinks the red team consumed prior to and during the match...When you run this calculation Red really didnt have any deaths!
    And as a part of OUR strategy was that in the event I would go spec we would let blue team cap one so they don't all rage quit and think they have a chance.
    Now a lot of Red did not want to allow you guys to cap but they put their trust in their Captain and it worked out well.

Thanks Nikki for facilitating, you always make it fun and things seem to move along quickly and smoothly!
    ---The reason why I look forward to Sunday night---

• That TV show was my wife watching a show on her computer.

In fact .. it seems like whenever I'm playing a Sunday scrim is when she has to upload a huge file and slam the inets, or watch really loud TV, and then tell me it's really truly OK for me to play in the scrim!!!

One day I'll get her to join in. She used to urt quite a bit ..

• Acetone must have gotten his hands on one of those accounting books used by the US government.

• Great scrim! I'm glad I had the opportunity to play this week. GJ to Nikki for facilitating. If it wasn't for her helping pick maps for the third round, we would have been playing Intermodal. lolz

See you all next week!

Oh, and for those that play Bad Company 2, don't forget about our Scrim tomorrow night! It's just as fun.

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux