FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• What's sasq's idea of selecting teams?

Tranc3r

Captains select a map 2 teams from the available roster. Then the facilitator flips a coin so decide what team the captains are on. The goal is to have teams with balanced skill set.

DankRider

I would partially stack one team on purpose in hopes of flipping that team. If I flip for the slightly stacked team it'll be a landslide. If I don't, oh well I'll probably make up the difference. Thats my logic behind that, it wouldn't solve much.

Id rather pick my own teams, thanks. If you want to captain there are months worth of match screenshots to look at. I also have done SOT on a handful of matches so you can see how a majority of us stack up. Decide if you want to be a captain before Sunday if you haven't done it before or haven't done it that much so you can have time to look at that stuff. If you aren't sure who to pick or who plays well together I'm sure a handful of us know and wouldn't mind sharing some info. I'd like to see more people captain scrims. I know I try to pick the same group of people every Sunday because they are awesome...duh...winning. This can get boring after awhile.

• I owe the community an apology for the banter, (Point still stands if you can't devote the time to play then don't play. If you have to leave prior or during a scrim notify a facilitator or a captain.)

~ In actuality 6th|floor, Um3, and FSK405 are working towards a solution to reduce the problems we encountered during the scrim.
    Our teams being unified, have come up with an innovated solution to provide everyone with a fun structured gaming environment. The system we are developing is almost ready to be reviled in detail. I can assure everyone it will offer a controlled, structured, transparent, gaming system allowing everyone to play, without the usual full servers, and lag. We have put a tremendous amount of time developing and refining our vision for a sustainable way to structure our scrims, and are excited offer it to the community.

Stay tuned for more details for the process is almost complete.

• ..... If I flip for the slightly stacked team it'll be a landslide. If I don't, oh well I'll probably make up the difference.....

BanMe

haha

• In my mind we simply need to minimize the time between picking teams and starting the round with 20+ players. If strats are minimized, so be it.

I'm very interested in hearing the new guidelines Dank.

• Two known issues that come up every Sunday and are the extreme time killers.

1) People won't pony up to be a captain, so we all sit quietly waiting for some poor dope to get tagged.

2) Once teams are divided up, you have people going AFK with excuses ranging (This is what between matches is for, DUH!), instead of getting strats down and firing up the match.

We need more ppl to captain up, even just for the sake of getting the game rolling. We need ppl to mature up a bit so that the captains can get things in order. There is way too much child's play once teams are divided up. As soon as one player starts mocking the captain, it's a landslide event. If you don't like your team or your captain, get your ass in the saddle on the next round.

I'm like BanMe, I want the winning team and I want to kick butt, but...the best games are those neck and neck matches. If I get on a team that seems outgunned, I'm still pulling my weight.

• Now, don't get rid of strats, that's extremely important... I don't like to play like I play in a pub on Scrims, I like to have an organized plan to play from. Strats don't take that long if captains know the map well and their player's strengths.

• It seems like the second round started within a minute or two of my quitting. That's unfortunate. I usually only play the 1st two rounds because around 10:00 I like to relax for about a half hour and catch the news and next days weather before bed. Sometimes the 2nd round has gone past 10:00...no problem. But this is just me, personnaly, I don't expect any special treatment.
    If there had been some COMMUNICATION between the captains, and possibly the facilitator, we would have been made aware the match was about to start. It wasn't US (the red team) we had been wondering for several minutes what was up and posted something in the console. Never saw any reply from blue. I was heavy flowing by then.

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux