FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• Kitty Im pretty sure that all war does is restart the map with a count down leaving everyone one the same team/side. no need to disable (but also no harm) .. just issue /!war 1 again when your ready for next round.

• Kitty I thought you did a great job and I truly believe it, thank you so very much for your effort and I have no complaints with the way the games went. I truly enjoyed myself. Hope to see eveyone again next week.And thank you Sash for your time and effort, great job my friend.

• Kitty Im pretty sure that all war does is restart the map with a count down leaving everyone one the same team/side. no need to disable (but also no harm) .. just issue /!war 1 again when your ready for next round.

Sasquatch
    Sort of..
    In Rush mode, since the !war *expects* the "swap teams' roles and continue" to fulfill both teams' expectations of playing Attack and Defend roles, a !war upon team role swap will result in a warning, "A war is already in progress; please quit current war to start a new one" (paraphrased, albeit somewhat loosely). There is a command to end a !war upon role swap sides, and then once teams are all confirmed ready, a new !war will allow a clean restart while retaining proper role assignments for the teams.

Wordy, but I think it covers things? I can show you in game if you like... I actually encountered this while we were digging into the depths of BC2CC and Procon, et al, made a mental note, and retrieved said note when I realized how it would work for us. In non-"swap roles" modes, this does not occur; so, for Conquest and Squad Deathmatch, a !war expires upon completion of a single round (and no roles are available to be swapped).

Derp..
    Edit to Add:
    Further info: Upon a !war, a countdown will broadcast as per a !ya (yell all, which prints text in screen centered, and large for all to see), the map restarts with teams/roles/squads retained as they were previous to map restart, and match/map is "Live" upon said restart. Further, stats are collected during a !war *cycle*, and are presented upon completion of each !war cycle. For Conquest and Squad Deathmatch, this will be a single round (unless otherwise modified by controller/facilitator), and the two Rush game types will run TWO rounds, with a swap team roles executed between the two rounds (to allow both teams Attack and Defend roles, accordingly). Ending a !war after the first round during a !war for Rush mode *deletes* said stats being collected, and thus upon completion of the second round, incomplete stats are reported. This is the only *failing* of this method. Since we are not utilizing this aspect of the !war facility, nothing is lost by ending a !war upon round one end and subsequent restart of map and team swap roles so as to allow teams a quick break.

Ideal: A !pausewar function of some kind, whether automatic (built into !war functionality) or manually triggerable. The former as: "!war, map restart (retain roles/teams), Round One, round one end, swap team roles, restart map, GAME PAUSE, !continue (upon verified team readiness by facilitator), Round Two begins, !war concludes, stats reported & server returns to *normal* operation." I can look into this if the previous suggestion is too... Kitty Wumpus ;)

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux