FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• -= FSK405 Sunday Night Scrim =- 2010-08-29August 29th, 2010 8:00est
    -= FSK405 Sunday Night Scrim =-
    August 29th, 2010 8:00est
    New Scrim Server Info: Located in Chicago /connect sm.fsk405.com:27965 /password scrim Post your overall thought regarding playability on the Chicago server. Scrim Settings: (Settings per FSK405 Member Discussions) - FSK405 members have the right to ask minors to sit out. - Rosters locked once teams are selected. - Server Password is changed. - FSK405 members are allowed to Spectate if teams are even and a match is in progress. - Balanced Teams Required unless the captains choose otherwise. If there are an uneven number of available players the facilitator will ask for a volunteer to Substitute. If no player volunteers, the captains will select a player. Substitutes will be logged to insure no one is a consistent SUB. - SUB's can be a valued asset to a team being the eyes, ears, and voice of the team dont view it as a punishment. - All above settings can be modified per captains approval. Round 1: Filtration Facilitator: SUB: Captains: (Blue) Fudaddy -Vs- (Red) DankRider Blue = 01 Red = 08 Overview:. Blue caught a whiff of victory as they jumped the green light dashing for Red's flag with a successful cap. A then humbled Blue regrouped forming a 50 yard line defense healing and dealing a world of hurt. Red smelled the blood and grabbed the salt shakers dousing Blue with pain. The next 19 minutes was a puppet show as Red taunted blue with a flag grab's only to dash their dreams. Reality was teams were stacked and we took advantage of the situation. (Happens) Round 2: Kingdom_Rc6 Facilitator: Reflux SUB: Captains: (Blue) Degrunt -Vs- (Red ) Frog Blue = 00 Red = 16 Overview:. Welp I will do a ditto to the round1 overview with two exceptions. Blue was never able to cap and this map is weighted for the Red folks due to the roof access and ability to use it as an offensive position. The roof is a Defensive route due to the cat walk blocking equal spawn camping. Regardless Red was out for blood pitching tents in blues spawn tossing fuel on the fire. Round 3: Roma Facilitator: Reflux SUB: Captains: (Blue) earl -Vs- (Red) Fu_daddy Blue = 06 Red = 05 Overview:. Symmetrical map balanced teams gave us a rock M sock M 3rd round that could have gone either way. Roma is a unique CTF map with 2 defined objectives per team, the flan and spawn. You have to own both in order to get a cap. -- Super fun round, well played by both teams ~~~~~Post Your Battle Rant Here~~~~~

1283136158 791 FT0 Scrim Aug 29 10
    .:Substitute Log:. [i]Players that have volunteered Player Name - Date - Round - map DankRider 03-14-2010 Round1 ut4_kingdom Whitedog 03-14-2010 Round2 ut4_ftdicks --> Whitedog didnt have to SUB for captain Bah lost power and was unable to play. Trancer 03-14-2010 Round3 ut4_paradise LuvDaMama 03-21-10 Round2 ut_EnCounter kickbutts 03-28-2010 Round3 ut4_asylum Buzzkill 04-04-2010 Round1 ut4_toxic --> joined after teams were locked and choose to spec. Talen 04-18-2010 Round2 ut4_asylum_b1 --> Joined a few minutes in as Keeper was available to even teams. B-Ver 04-25-2010 Round1 ut4_specialK --> Subbed the full round. NASTY 04-09-2010 Round2 Trunpike --> Subbed for 2 minutes. Squrl 06-27-2010 Voluntarily Quit due to too many players Whitedog 06-27-2010 Voluntarily Quit due to too many players Noskills 06-27-2010 Voluntarily Quit due to too many players Boogie? 06-27-2010 Voluntarily Quit due to too many players Creeper 06-27-2010 Voluntarily Quit due to too many players ?? 06-27-2010 Voluntarily Quit due to too many players B-ver 07-04-2010 Sat out round 2. LuvDaMomma - 07-11-10 Round 3. Sat out Mab - 08-01-10 Round 2. Subbed Degrunt - 08-01-10 Round3 Subbed allowing SexyWify To play Fokker - 08-15-10 Round 1. Subbed for blue and was later used on red as Yeti dropped out XP - 08-15-10 Round 3. Subbed to keep things even Whitedog - 08-22-2010 Round2. Subbed to even teams voluntary H8tnq / Degrunt - 08-22-2010 Round3. H8 subbed until degrunts connection started to go 999 (thanks to degrunt for being a team player stepping out while his connection was messed up)

• Last week Fu Daddy facilitated and this week Reflux did. Fu decided to make teams less stacked while Reflux did not. Peter was captain for the second time and should have been given some guidance. Not being given this guidance as in the past for new captains was immature at best.

What I ask is simple the facilitators need some formula to follow and not change the rules as it suites them individually. Especially for newbie captains. You expect captains to make decent choices and to have the support of the players selected.

New Captains need to be guided as to not only make it fair for balance teams but fair for all. Captains that have experience this would not be necessary.

Ok, I am ready to get blasted about this and have someone call for whine and cheese wagon. But you would be missing the point. But if you do call the wammbulance be so kind as to order French bread, Brie and 2 bottles chilled of Pouilly Fuisse wine from 1999 Château de Beauregard.

Whitedog

• slap whitedog 999

Thanks for your input. Now, if you would kindly STFU and fasten your seatbelt, we can be on our way.

BTW: I don't see your name in the third round roster. Did you rage quit?

-R

• I have mixed feelings about Whitedog's post. On the one hand I understand where he's coming from, but on the other hand we all have to learn at some time. I mean, anyone who has been around for any length of time would know that you want to try and separate Dank and Frog if at all possible, but then to allow them to be on the same team for Filtration...is anyone surprised by the outcome? I think Peter had a concept for battle that could work if we understood it better, but in this case, on this map, with these players, there was a very slim chance for blue team. I thought we did well to hold red to 8...considering everything else.

• Filtration was my B-day gift to myself. (sums it up) - reviewing the past battle rants you will see this was a rare round that was notably weighted to one team. I completely took advantage of the situation much like most captains do while trying to keep Frog and I on separate teams (sheet even if mdmbkr, fudaddy, Keeper, or acetone are around???).

- Point being I will agree with most of what WD said, as the round was a rare exception. Honestly I think Blue could have stood a better chance if you all slowed down to group up. If you recall Blue snatched the Red flag numerous times undetected. The flag carrier just never had a clear way home.

-- I have been shocked many times as a team I assume to be the underdog wins, unfortunately this wasnt one of them.

---> last point: I personally think Red has a slight advantage due to the routing of the lower left route. Red comes out the door at ground level as blue hits the cat walk. meaning it is easy for red to suppress fire and nades a blues feet as they open the door.

• deleting my own post

• I heard the trick for going against Frog and Dank is to kill them both. Pretty sure that's what BanMe does.

Personally, I'm sticking with my "jump in front of their bullets and get dead fast so I can start the respawn wait sooner"-stratemagee. This buys time for BanMe to do 'his thing' - see the above.

I'm a mathematician at heart (and mostly by training). That is to say, I don't have an on-board sorting algorithm for player strengths. I simply assume such an algorithm exists and leave it to others to work out the specifics.

• Peter picked us for our looks and personalities. No one said we had to shoot!

• Peter picked us for our looks and personalities. No one said we had to shoot!

Boogie Knight

That's hilarious...and actually, I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to say in my earlier post.

• Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled players;
    A peck of pickled players Peter Piper picked;
    If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled players,
    Where's the peck of pickled players Peter Piper picked?

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux