FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• FSK405 Sunday Scrim Rules

FSK405 Scrim Hosts: Fudaddy, DankRider, (B-ver, Reflux)

FSK405 Scrim Mission Statement:
    - To Come

Scrim Settings: (Settings per FSK405 Member Discussions)
    - FSK405 members have the right to ask minors to sit out.
    - Once players have been moved to the "Staging-LOCKED-" channel the eligible players are locked in. If teams are uneven FSK405 members have fist dibs.
    - Server Password is changed.
    - FSK405 members are allowed to Spectate if teams are even and a match is in progress.
    - Balanced Teams Required unless the captains choose otherwise. If there are an uneven number of available players the facilitator will ask for a volunteer to Substitute. If no player volunteers, the captains will select a player. Substitutes will be logged to insure no one is a consistent SUB. - SUB's can be a valued asset to a team being the eyes, ears, and voice of the team dont view it as a punishment.
    - All above settings can be modified per captains approval.

Rule Addition After each round players will be individually asked if they are willing to commit to the next round. A commitment requiring a player to notify a captain or facilitator if going AFK, along with being available for, 1hour & 10Minutes. This requires participants stay in team speak after a round ends until roll call is completed.

Possible Round 3 Amendment:
    - Round 3 will be FSK405 -v- FSK405 if additional players are needed we will pull any available players into the round.

Server Information

FSK405 Texas Server
    /connect fsk405.com:27965
    /password scrim

FSK405 Chicago Server
    /connect sm.fsk405.com:27965
    /password scrim
    Post your overall thought regarding playability on this server.

NOTE: The Scrim team is reviewing the current process to suit the communities needs. If you have a suggestion post them here.

• Possible Round 3 Amendment:
    - Round 3 will be FSK405 -v- FSK405 if additional players are needed we will pull any available players into the round.

DankRider

Would round 3 be an "inclan" scrim and you would pull in non-FSK players as ringers to fill in for players?

• ]

Possible Round 3 Amendment:

DankRider

Would round 3 be an "inclan" scrim and you would pull in non-FSK players as ringers to fill in for players?

BanMe[Um3

Good Question: Tossing the idea around at this point

• Good practice for you guys if STA comes back around and you decide to rejoin competition.

• In a since better than STA cause its straight fun no serious to the fun strategic game play. Peeps nerves are not on edge and brings no separation to the clan that don't get to start.

• talk like yoda you do :)

• FSK405 Scrim Mission Statement:
    - To Come

NOTE: The Scrim team is reviewing the current process to suit the communities needs. If you have a suggestion post them here.

DankRider

Hi Dank and FSK,

First, the obligatory brown nosing: THANK YOU for all the time and effort in successfully hosting these weekly scrims! I continue to feel honored and humbled to be included in these scrims with such an excellent group of individuals. I look forward to these competitions every week and always appreciate the consideration. It's always so much fun! :-)

So I've been giving this some thought and figured I would post some ideas/suggestions:

Noticed that the Scrim Mission statement is still to come. This is important as it can ultimately lead to a more refined process. More about what I mean:

If the mission statement is something like: Weekly practice to refine FSK clan strategies. Then FSK might consider pre-designing strats ahead of each weekly scrim (even if it's the same map/strat for several weeks in a row.) to learn how to manage against other clan's known or unknown strats. In this case, FSK can more easily pick strats and teams designed to explore/exploit battlefield ideologies. Go ahead and test new concepts of defense and offense - FSK friends can be your test subjects! Imagine the possibilities.

If the mission statement is strike an equal balance of fun and competitiveness in a non-public cheat free environment, then it might be easier/faster to randomly select teams (as someone else suggested in another thread) and start scrimming! With all the talented players that show up, how off can random teams possibly be? Who knows, by saving the whole captain selections we might be able to squeeze more games in?!

It just seems that there might be some radical ways to change things up a bit (or to try them out for a week or 2). I empathize with the facilitators and participants who join up every week for some kick-ass ctf (pun intended) but wind up experiencing frustration at the process. We're all here to have some fun - save the headaches for real life!

Bottom line: Defining the Mission Statement will go a long way in helping to naturally expose more refined ways of running the scrims. Cart before the horse cliche. Set the goal, the rest will follow!

/rant over - thanks for reading.

• Acetone,
    I find your post refreshing and positive. I think many of us in the face of frustration become reactive and and defensive. You clearly understand some of the frustrations the Facilitators and Captains have dealt with and have come forth with a positive proactive suggestion.

Simply Put: You rock,

That Being Said I/WE FSK405 would like to extend you an invite to:
    • Draft a Mission Statement using our current guidelines.

• Detail a couple options we could explore in future Sunday Scrims.
      Note: We have an inconsistent and revolving roster. This is easy to navigate as long as folks are accountable for sticking around While being attentive.

• If you would like yo join the Facilitating Team, you are welcome to do so.
      As long as the other facilitators dont object. Help is always appreciated with plenty to do. (Fudaddy and Xyster)

I really like your idea regarding the mission statement. I find Mission Statements provide the ground work for a teams beliefs, goals, and desires. Paving the path towards a common vision.

Here is a possible start to the mission statement: FSK405 is As an established team with friendships extending beyond gaming,

PS. Thanks again for the positive feedback. I have to add, You with your positive attitude, I don't know if you would be a good fit for FSK405, so you may have to reconsider submitting your application. :-)

• I have to add, You with your positive attitude, I don't know if you would be a good fit for FSK405, so you may have to reconsider submitting your application. :-)

DankRider

Definitely NOT a good fit with that positive attitude! :)
    But seriously, have known Acetone for many years and can not say, nor have I ever noticed (in countless hours of game play), even one negative thing.

• Thank you Dank and Boogie for the flattering comments! Happy to help out and contribute.

Before I get cracking on a draft of the mission statement I'd like to ask some questions about the actual goals of the scrims to better understand their intent. What exactly is FSK trying to accomplish? And why are you hosting these scrims and opening them to the friends of FSK? I remember hearing that there aren't always enough FSK members to complete 2 rosters for a scrim so you fill in with friends. So let's pretend you always would have enough FSKers to have an in-clan scrim; never needing to open it to friends. If this were the case - what would FSK do? How would you handle/manage the weekly scrims? Why would you hold them? What would you try to accomplish or learn? I offered a couple of guesses, but I really don't know. (Dank, if it's easier to talk this through on TS just let me know and we'll spend 10 minutes figuring it out.)

If you or someone could provide some clarity and greater definition behind the purpose and ultimate goals of these scrims, I could use that to:

• Draft a mission statement

• Detail a few options

Can I get back to you on the Facilitating invitation? Open to it but would like to take care of the above first.

I appreciate the encouragement to apply for membership in your excellent organization. But I like being a gaming 'independent'. While the structure, family (more like gang?!) mentality :-), and competition aspects of clan life does sound enticing, I don't want to commit to something that due to my hectic schedule I would struggle to maintain consistently. 5 months out of the year I'm basically out-of-pocket working 7 days a week (5 at a real job, winter weekends as a Mountain Ambassador). Just like the scrims - if I don't have the time, I won't commit! Been playing Urt for 10 years as a mercenary - this old dog is set in his ways and ain't about to change now! Not saying never, just saying I'd apply only if/when I'm ready. I like things just the way they are now!

I'll stop patting you guys on the back if you do too. Answer the questions above and I'll get to work!

P.S. I've got a ton of GOOD personal things going on in my life right now and over the next 2-3 weeks. So I will likely miss a few upcoming scrims and will take longer than usual to respond to threads. Thanks for your flexibility and patience!

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux