FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• -= FSK405 Sunday Night Scrim =- 2010-08-22 August 22nd, 2010 8:00est
    -= FSK405 Sunday Night Scrim =-
    August 22nd, 2010 8:00est
    New Scrim Server Info: Located in Chicago /connect sm.fsk405.com:27965 /password scrim Post your overall thought regarding playability on the Chicago server. Scrim Settings: (Settings per FSK405 Member Discussions) - FSK405 members have the right to ask minors to sit out. - Rosters locked once teams are selected. - Server Password is changed. - FSK405 members are allowed to Spectate if teams are even and a match is in progress. - Balanced Teams Required unless the captains choose otherwise. If there are an uneven number of available players the facilitator will ask for a volunteer to Substitute. If no player volunteers, the captains will select a player. Substitutes will be logged to insure no one is a consistent SUB. - SUB's can be a valued asset to a team being the eyes, ears, and voice of the team dont view it as a punishment. - All above settings can be modified per captains approval. Round 1: Simpsons Facilitator: Fudaddy SUB: Captains: (Blue) Whitedog -Vs- (Red) Peter_g Blue = 07 Red = 13 Overview:. Simpsons re-release was a blast though a bit dis-functional. This map will need some pub action to really get the feel of play. This is a Beta with the final around the corner so if you have suggestions please post them (FSP issue is know'n) Sadly I dont think the score is a direct reflection of the playability of the map since Blue was a man down. Understanding this is a novelty arena non-symmetrical map it wont play perfect in all game types. The goal is simply to improve upon the Quake3 version's playability for UrT. Round 2: Deception Facilitator: Fudaddy, Dank SUB: Whitedog Captains: (Blue) Pmac -Vs- (Red ) Frog Blue = 01 Red = 06 Overview:. this round was dominated by Red with a powerful quick offense pushing blue back allowing for flag runs. May have been Reds aggression or blues apprehension making it feel like Blue was holding back on defense. Regardless Red clearly dominated. Round 3: Asylum Facilitator: Fudaddy SUB: Captains: (Blue) DankRider -Vs- (Red) SexyWifey Blue = 01 Red = 02 Overview:. OMG, Sexywife popped her "Captain" cherry challenging DankRider to a round claiming the win. Not only did she win but i gave her 3 maps to select from and she picked asylum with frog and I on the same team. As a defeated captain im not fit to post a general battle rant. - Got's to say Congrats to Sexywifey ~~~~~Post Your Battle Rant Here~~~~~

1282532233 791 FT0 Scrim Aug 22 10
    .:Substitute Log:. [i]Players that have volunteered Player Name - Date - Round - map DankRider 03-14-2010 Round1 ut4_kingdom Whitedog 03-14-2010 Round2 ut4_ftdicks --> Whitedog didnt have to SUB for captain Bah lost power and was unable to play. Trancer 03-14-2010 Round3 ut4_paradise LuvDaMama 03-21-10 Round2 ut_EnCounter kickbutts 03-28-2010 Round3 ut4_asylum Buzzkill 04-04-2010 Round1 ut4_toxic --> joined after teams were locked and choose to spec. Talen 04-18-2010 Round2 ut4_asylum_b1 --> Joined a few minutes in as Keeper was available to even teams. B-Ver 04-25-2010 Round1 ut4_specialK --> Subbed the full round. NASTY 04-09-2010 Round2 Trunpike --> Subbed for 2 minutes. Squrl 06-27-2010 Voluntarily Quit due to too many players Whitedog 06-27-2010 Voluntarily Quit due to too many players Noskills 06-27-2010 Voluntarily Quit due to too many players Boogie? 06-27-2010 Voluntarily Quit due to too many players Creeper 06-27-2010 Voluntarily Quit due to too many players ?? 06-27-2010 Voluntarily Quit due to too many players B-ver 07-04-2010 Sat out round 2. LuvDaMomma - 07-11-10 Round 3. Sat out Mab - 08-01-10 Round 2. Subbed Degrunt - 08-01-10 Round3 Subbed allowing SexyWify To play Fokker - 08-15-10 Round 1. Subbed for blue and was later used on red as Yeti dropped out XP - 08-15-10 Round 3. Subbed to keep things even Whitedog - 08-22-2010 Round2. Subbed to even teams voluntary H8tnq / Degrunt - 08-22-2010 Round3. H8 subbed until degrunts connection started to go 999 (thanks to degrunt for being a team player stepping out while his connection was messed up)

• Too many people for me. Last round was fun, but I guess the Sun Scrim honeymoon is over for me. Oh- server "feels" a lot different than regular FSK box, might take time to acclimate, and might need to tweak network settings.. hit detection was awful for me.

• Beav, I would gladly sit out so that you can play. Seriously, anytime, just let me know.

• Great map maybe limit it to 8 players per team and that would increase FPS's?

Great game!

Whitedog

• Upon testing Simpsons During the Sunday Scrim a few issues were noted thus please dont play the map publicly or distribute until we have a fix.

• Upon testing Simpsons During the Sunday Scrim a few issues were noted thus please dont play the map publicly or distribute until we have a fix.

DankRider
    I hope the mapper fixes it soon! If it's the simpsons map I remember from a while ago, then it was a really neat concept.

• Sorry again for bailing on the first round. Wish I could have stayed, but maybe with that playercount it was for the best. ;)

• simpsons_q3 is the original map for quake3 not UT (60Meg pk3 file !) and contain lot's of entities (ammo / weapons) that do not show up in game when played on UT41. We did have the authorization from the original author to try to rebuild it and convert to UT41. What I did since several months / cleanup / coffee ....

Sadly simpsons beta2 was badly build in the hurry the night before the scrim and I did not used by mistake the good builder which gave me best result for VIS => FPS performance.

Anyway that allowed me to find several things that can make the FPS drop on some computer, and have a good fix on my comp now with the beta3 version. But this is a big open map and open map do not like old computer and video card with too high resolution. But the good news is that beta3 has some spots with more 30% better performance compared to beta2 we played (alway better never under). beta2 as it was build was under quake3 version in term of performance. Beta3 is about 7% average better than simpsons_q3 and some criticals spots have 15% to 20% more FPS performance now than simpsons_q3 version.

I will have the help of some tester who complained about FPS last night and they will compare like I did at some spots the FPS for beta2 beta3 and simpsons_q3 on their computer and send me the result to see if we have a go. As now for me it is better than q3 orginal version I think we are on the good track.

beta3 will not be released public until this FPS tests and a rebuild.

stay tuned !

Notes: I agree with whitedog. If i remember well what dank told me we were 26 and normally I have alone on my computer when testing the map 100 to 125 FPS. In game last night I dropped down to 60 fps max 100 fps with the same computer. So server and number of players is also to take in consideration. But some map can be played with 26 players. I hope beta3 will be able to be played for 8 vs 8.

SG

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux