FSK405 Community Website Urban Terror, Bad Company 2 and BF3 Gaming Community!!

Forums

• Suggestions and comments on the next superman.

Rules:
    1. Nothing that changes core gameplay. For example, adding an arrow/flypoint would be highly unlikely.
    2. Most anything that affects gameplay, including adding cover, moving a spawn, adding a softspot, etc, should be conceived with caution.
    3. Remedies to address issues that snag or impair gameplay are favorable.
    4. Suggestions that are considered will be listed below to prevent duplicate suggestions.

Suggestion Pool:
    ============

Map:
    1a. Can't do environmentals like weather or time of day changes. At least not for this release. I've put a lot of thought into this and it's simply not practical at this time.
    1b. On rare occasion, hitting an arrow will boost you only like 50 feet in the air. This is apparently some engine timing issue. Can't fix.
    1c. Will look into "getting stuck in doors" issues. Might be able to hack something better up.
    1d. Will verify clips on all vehicles.
    1e. Stereos for camping with the flag - maybe in a future version. Can't do mp3's, only mono channel wav's.
    1f. Not changing the size of the truck or any landing point.
    1g. Skybox is set to be improved. Loading screen as well.
    1h. Look into adding more locations.
    1i. Additional soft landings as mentioned... tbd.
    1l. Nighttime and other superman mods would be cool but not happening anytime soon.
    1m. Game physics induce unexpected lemmings when landing on soft spots. Probably due to player Z-axis speed and collision prediction based on server frames. Or not.
    1n. No moving choppers like sands. UrT doesn't support that ability in urt4.
    1o. Look into making arrows more vertically visible.

Pond Publishing:
    2a. Hole in the map to be fixed, without a doubt.
    2b. Can not get off top of pond publishing when health is very low.
    2c. Move helicopter a bit so sliding to construction works correctly.
    2d. Look into helicopter clipping, fix if necessary.
    2e. The wall of immortality.
    2f. Nodrop clip lower building roofs.
    2g. Look into lower flypoint positioning.

Park:
    3a. Park may be given extra cover with more trees. Not likely for this release.
    3b. Fix surface clipping issue in river by sewer.
    3c. Won't add an arrow in the park to anywhere this version.

Military building (Red spawn):
    4a. Flag has been lost by getting inside the arches for some reason, this will be fixed.
    4b. For B, heh. Yes, arches to the highway will be looked into. Note, the arches themselves are a physics hack, so this is not quite an exact science.

Garage:
    5a. Arrow precision to the parking garage. I agree, this will be looked into. Note that the behavior of the arrows is such that jumping into them on an angle can alter your skyward path.
    5b. Way to get to garage roof from below. Consideration taken. Note this is core gameplay affecting, under rule 1.
    5c. Fix box truck clipping.
    5d. Jump from garage to the river - being looked at, might reposition.
    5e. Will consider removing hidden arrow, since the garage has been clipped.

Hotel (Blue spawn):
    6a: Can't heal under roof room. Will fix.
    6b. Jump from hotel fall to highway. Will fix.
    6c. Look into alley jump issue.
    6d. Second elevator not getting a cushion this round.
    6e. New newspaper!
    6f. Jump from hotel to executive floor. Will look into adjustments.
    6g. Look into arrow to the roof at main st.

Impending Doom Insurance:
    7a. Bring back (add) pools in front. Will consider doing this for preventing lemmings on the hard jump above. Note this is gameplay affecting, under rule 2.
    7b. Nodrop clip the ledges.

Construction site:
    8a. Fix fences, i.e. those invisible walls you can climb.

Highway:
    9a. Breaking leg issue on from hotel to highway to be addressed.

Parking Lot (later intended to be a factory type zone:
    10a. Consider adding objects to diversify area, bring in slight offbeat gameplay.

• Can I reqest that the way of getting under the map is closed please?

Cant wait for the next edition. Have you got any plans for areas like construction and the park?

• here is a suggestion that might be right up the wily duck alley.

Suggestion - though i dont know if it is possible.
    Since Superman is typically played for such a long time it would be cool if you could add atmospheric and day to night effects.

Example:
    - at certain intervals during game play change the lighting and background from day to night.
    - I also know you have been playing around with a rain effect, so maybe it would also be possible to have rain and or snow effect game play . but only in intervals.

If you find interest and a way to implement any of it, you might want to make it so you can turn it all off, even if it means 2 maps.

-edit-
    Might be able to create a spear around the entire map that slowly turns changing the background, with possible snow and rain attachments. but i wouldn't know how to adjust the lighting, though i have seen lighting effect that pulse. Again your map, just a suggestion that would probably just cause lag.

note: There is snow in ut4_swim for a snow example.

• Suggestion about the parking garage jeep:

Both of the arrows that direct you to the top of the parking garage sometimes miss the landing spot - the jeep. As something more than a noob I can usually nudge myself to land on the jeep, but I consider any proper use of the arrows that leads to a lemming an error and it should be fixed. Either slightly nudge the arrows so they more cleanly align with that jeep or make the landing area larger.

• Suggestion about the blue building awning, for consistency with the rest of the map:

The awning to the side of the blue building that pushes to the highway...most of the landing scenarios break your legs. Sometimes you break your legs *twice*. Wily showed me this jump himself a few times, so obviously he knows that it breaks your legs. But I don't see the purpose of taking some of the player's health just in this circumstance. I don't think there are any other jumps that require a payment of health. Also, the awning doesn't have an arrow, but definitely works the same, so I think it should also have an arrow graphic on it somewhere. This would make the awning jump consistent with the other jumps in the map.

• Dont stick through doors. Kills the surprise and gives u unwanted deaths.

make pond publishing cos little shed a soft spot.

• I don't think there are any other jumps that require a payment of health.

FSK405B

Not really a jump but takes some health, dropping down side of red tower, slide across road and up over highway, landing on streetlight you dont die but lose some health. You can drop down and land on the invisible arrow from there without dying but it would be good if the arrow was made bigger to make the landing safer.

• This has happened to me a few times. when u hit the red arrow in front you go up about ten feet and fall back down. you have to hit arrrow again or land in a pool. I dont know why it happens

When jumping off of red if you hit the side pointing torward the highway closest to the construction site you lem inbetween the bridge and the part that slants up

• All requests so far addressed in the first post. Thanks for the input so far!!!

• uhm i dont know why it happens but blue base ie hotel when u are fallinn onto it if you are right beside the wall of the building that a ladder goes up to and you just spam the ground before hitting you pretty much allways live, this also goes for the red roof, i see it as a kind of unfair advantage, dont know if much can be done about it but yea, and uh, maybe fixingthat if you take blue spawn bus stop towards doom you can hit a certain spot and get up on the ledge, yea thats about it i guess, its kinda late cant really think straight.

Moderator(s): FSK405 Earl, Frog, DankRider, Fokker, LadyHellfire*, Reflux This topic is now closed